Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Violence is bad when it's on RSOE as an Event!

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
- I ran Sao Paulo and different key words ..didn't find anything. Hopefully I didn't miss something.

I can't say that I've often seen a "Non-Categorized" event on RSOE. In fact, I can't remember right off hand when the last one was. So I clicked to see what that might be.

At least 140 people have been murdered in South America's biggest city over the past two weeks in a rising wave of violence, Sao Paulo's Public Safety Department says. Killings in Sao Paulo began sharply increasing in September, a month in which 144 people were killed, the department's website says. It says a total of 982 homicides took place in the city during the first nine months of the year. The victims included 90 police officers, most of them gunned down while off duty. A Public Safety Department official said Saturday that the killings of police have been ordered by imprisoned leaders of an organized crime group called the First Capital Command in reprisal for a crackdown on the drug trade.
Source

EDIS Number: UEV-20121111-37174-BRA
Event type: Non-categorized event
Date/Time: Sunday, 11 November, 2012 at 05:41 (05:41 AM) UTC
Last update: ---
Cause of event: Rising wave of violence
Damage level: Moderate

Umm.. Yeah..

I just about choked on my soda here. I thought the U.S. had crime issues in some cities. 140 in two weeks? That's not a crime wave, that's a small civil war by the sound of it? With so much going on, I hadn't seen much about this?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
And did you hear anything on msm about the hundreds that died in the Caribbean after Sandy? Nope...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Rahm Emmanuel isn't visiting down there is he?

Same goes for Mexico - dozens and dozens of unreported killings.
Why?
Bad for tourism and image.
The war on drugs is turning cities in the Western hemisphere in to slaughter pens.
We'd lose less lives to the drugs themselves, many times less.
But whenever large amounts of $ are on the line the guns come out.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by aaronez
And did you hear anything on msm about the hundreds that died in the Caribbean after Sandy? Nope...

No, but that's probably because there weren't 'hundreds' killed.

If you're going to use this as comparison, please get your basic facts correct. I think it was about 70.

top topics

join