It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Welfare Queens........I Told You Major Corporations Don't Pay Taxes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
It seems the U.S.A. is not the only country corporations are cheating out of taxes.
I wonder what American companies will do in the future ? Between this incident and China wanting higher wages for their employees will most American corporations move their business to third world countries? Another factor for future layoffs. Looks like the s*** is headed towards the fan.

By 2015, Chinese wages will be high enough that it will be just as cheap to manufacture goods for the US market in America. Some US manufacturers aren't waiting.

www.csmonitor.com...

UK Lawmakers Slam Starbucks, Amazon and Google on Tax

UK lawmakers criticized executives of Starbucks, Google and Amazon on Monday for not paying more tax in Britain and Amazon said it had received a $252 million demand for back taxes from France.

Britain and Germany last week announced plans to push the Group of 20 economic powers to make multinational companies pay their "fair share" of taxes following reports of large firms exploiting loopholes to avoid taxes.

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FreebirdGirl

hey dont you take that tone! these are job creators were talking about here and they should have the right to choose what is good for the business and its employees and if that means not paying taxes and then squirreling away those savings in untouchable offshore accounts so that they can have nice golden parachutes to escape as the shtf when people realize how bad these people have been screwing them over.....er i mean..... after they see how many jobs these people have created then so be it

i dunno about you but i live in america and i like my freedom dammit
edit on 13-11-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FreebirdGirl

Why it takes lawmakers in other nations to point this out I'll never know. Add to how pathetic with the following:

Dear Mr. Dimon, Is Your Bank Getting Corporate Welfare?

To estimate the dollar value of the subsidy in the U.S., we multiplied it by the debt and deposits of 18 of the country’s largest banks, including JPMorgan, Bank of America Corp. and Citigroup Inc. The result: about $76 billion a year. The number is roughly equivalent to the banks’ total profits over the past 12 months, or more than the federal government spends every year on education.

JPMorgan’s share of the subsidy is $14 billion a year, or about 77 percent of its net income for the past four quarters. In other words, U.S. taxpayers helped foot the bill for the multibillion-dollar trading loss that is the focus of today’s hearing. They’ve also provided more direct support: Dimon noted in a recent conference call that the Home Affordable Refinancing Program, which allows banks to generate income by modifying government-guaranteed mortgages, made a significant contribution to JPMorgan’s earnings in the first three months of 2012.

Source

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
More info:

Internet group Google [GOOG 666.59 0.69 (+0.1%) ] is also under audit by the French tax authority regarding its structure, which channels sales through Ireland, but the company denied a newspaper report last month that it had received a back tax claim for 1 billion euros.

www.cnbc.com...

top topics

join