It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leiomyosarcoma and lung cancer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Hello,

A few of you may remember my post in May about my mom having cancer, This Wednesday the 14th we go to her doctor to have the "family" discussion. The doctor already said treatments are not working so they are going to stop.

I don't know what to do, I can't afford all these "natural" cures.

I'm lost, confused, and I have no one to turn to, this cannot be how it ends.

Thank you for listening.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I am so very sorry to hear this. I'm sure plenty of people will come along with some kind of advice or another. I would just like you to know that I will be praying for you and your family and wishing you all the strength and courage that you need right now. I lost my Dad 5 years ago and my Mother is 89 so our time together is surely limited. Hugs!!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
What nationality is she? Sometimes nationality based community centres will sponsor or help raise funds for treatments. It may be worth it to aproach your local, relevant community centre about it. I wish you luck and strength.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

Hi,

She is Mexican, and I have no idea if there is any place around here that can help, she has worked up until last week actually just to keep her medical insurance.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I am sorry for you loss
this is so devastating, and to always hear her coughing more and more and know there is nothing I can do, is the most horrible feeling

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Greetings,
The only effective treatment I know of is the Rife technology. Go to rife.org
It's a 80+ year proven method that kills the cancer cells with a resonating frequency.
It does not harm the body.

The government, ama and drug companies have suppressed this technology.
I have been using this tech for about six years and VERY pleased with the results.

The cancer doctors will not use it because it is so cheap and effective.

Do not get the computer or hi fi versions as they are practically useless.

A professional unit will cost at least $3500.00. Will work on any pathogen , bacteria, virus and fungus/mold.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by GeorgeH

Thank you, but if we had 3,500 to our name right now we would have a lot more options

Not being mean, its just this cancer has been the "topping" to a very bad year, dad lost his job, my older brother has been diagnosed with MS, another older brother keeps having swollen lymph nodes in his neck around the lower part of his ears.

At this point in time it is all we can do to have the rent and power bill paid on time and in full, we use cheap internet, no cable, i sometimes don't eat dinner to help save a little.

Not asking for sympathy, i do what needs to be done, Never believed my life would turn out like this

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mydarlia

I am sorry for you loss
this is so devastating, and to always hear her coughing more and more and know there is nothing I can do, is the most horrible feeling

I know how helpless you must feel right now, but I'll tell you that just being there for your Mom will be enough. Just let her know you love her and make her as comfortable as possible.

When I went through my cancer, it was nice just knowing my family and friends loved me and were there for me.
When my Dad passed away, we all knew that he knew how much he was loved, he had a long happy life, and we we feel he is now in a better place.

No matter what happens honey, we are here for you every step of the way. It must be overwhelming for you and your family and I know it's like an emotional roller coaster. You are not alone. I will be keeping a close eye on this thread.
edit on 13-11-2012 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Thank you,

Mom just got up to tell me, to text my brothers at work to let them know we are out of milk, not for her but because she knows they like milk after working.

It made her start coughing a lot

These are the things i am going to remember, her love and devotion to our family, I just don't want to give up, my other sister has only started coming around more since she wants power of attorney..makes me sick and honestly very angry

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by mydarlia
reply to post by GeorgeH

Thank you, but if we had 3,500 to our name right now we would have a lot more options

Not being mean, its just this cancer has been the "topping" to a very bad year, dad lost his job, my older brother has been diagnosed with MS, another older brother keeps having swollen lymph nodes in his neck around the lower part of his ears.

At this point in time it is all we can do to have the rent and power bill paid on time and in full, we use cheap internet, no cable, i sometimes don't eat dinner to help save a little.

Not asking for sympathy, i do what needs to be done, Never believed my life would turn out like this

You're not asking for sympathy but I'm giving it anyway. You are going through an aweful lot right now. I do pray that things get better for your family somehow. Very late for me. Will check in tomorrow.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Please sleep well, It is a little late for me but I like to wait for my brothers to get off work, makes me feel more secure, if that makes any sense at all.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
So sorry to hear about this..sometimes all you can do is pray, take it one day at a time.

Sending a little prayer for you and your mom.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Keep us posted on how things are going for you if you can.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Well today the whole family gathered at the hospital to talk about how much time mom has, mom and dad went in to talk to him first, then dad comes out and tells us the Dr found a new medicine that he wants to try starting tomorrow.

mom forgot what the medicine is called but I will have more information about all this tomorrow evening, the whole family keeps praising God, I am having trouble with this in a sense.

I keep thinking, what if this fails? then what? sometimes i feel like everyone blindly puts faith into a giant invisible ghost that demands that we worship him or else..

My mom always has believed in god, has always tried to protect us, and all this has done for her is to make her go through immense pain, the doctor did however give her a new type of pain patch, it is called Fentanyl, I hope it helps her pain.

And before anyone says i am bashing God, I'm not..just so many people say "it's the will of God, don't question things..that really sounds like middle age era thinking.

And yes I am happy they have a new drug to try on mom, this is a great thing, but if it doesn't work this is just setting us up for even more heartbreak and pain.

Dad cannot handle this, Mom holds her feelings inside because she doesn't want to scare us, I on the other hand just want a little bit of normalcy around here.

Today we made spaghetti and all dad could do is get mad saying we were supposed to boil water first, that is how mom does it, we ARE not her, we have to do things our way, and yes it turned out fine..even with dad complaining and getting angry

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Try not to take Dad's moods too personally. He doesn't know how to cope with this and though I am sure he is hopeful, he is also afraid like you. Even myself, knowing my cancer is gone, I can't help wondering if it will return like it does for so many other people. There is always some level of fear.

Your Dad is probably terrified of losing your Mom and frustrated as hell wanting to make her well and knowing she may not get well. I'm sure he is also afraid of maybe having to raise his kids on his own. I know how scary this is for you too and frustrating and overwhelming. I sometimes question God too, but we need some kind of faith to hold onto sometimes.

I pray that this new medicine helps and that your Mother's pain eases. I don't know about you or if this will help in any way, but when I am overwhelmed by life I try to find a diversion for a while like reading a good book or watching a good movie or dining out with a friend or something. I wish there was more that I could say or do. For now I will give you a hug and let you know that I am still here for you and will continue to be here.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The name of the medicine the doctor wants to try is Votrient, if anyone has heard of it

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarlia

Get hold of a debulizer and have her breath water vapour with 5% bicarbonate of soda in it.

Also read this...
www.curenaturalicancro.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarlia

This is a difficult time for your family and each of you will have a different way of responding to it. There is no perfect way to respond. Through it all don't let the chaos and anxiety tear your family apart. This is a time to pull together, a very important time to communicate and demonstrate your love for each other. I caution you not to try to take the biggest burden on yourself. This is a time when each member can carry part of the load. My thoughts and prayers are for you, your family and for your mother. Miracles still occur and people are cured of cancer everyday!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Thank you all, today we were eating dinner and mom walked into the living room, when we got into the room she was sleeping standing up, kind of scared one of my brothers, mom is a fighter but she is wearing down and the dang medicine for her is still not ready at the pharmacy..my god its been over 48 damn hours..how long does it take!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join