It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Motor Trend' names Tesla Model S as Car of the Year

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by hououinkyouma
I don`t see why this model gets so much credit. The car is expensive for the quality of the materials utilized and the technology is nothing special too.

Now, that`s a real electric car, made with the best materials out there, the Mercedes SLS AMG Electric

Mercedes SLS AMG
edit on 13-11-2012 by hououinkyouma because: (no reason given)

That blue is wild. I love that. The car looks like Porsche and a mustang to me... or maybe I'm just going blind again.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
A few years ago I saw one of their Tesla Roadsters and talked to the guy that owned it.

He was a top surgeon and lived about 20 miles from the hospital. It was what he drove to/from work. He loved it.
He did say that the 200+ miles per charge was (at least for him) an exaggeration. He said it might could do that much if you drove it conservatively. But what fun is that in a car like that? He said the under 4 second 0-60 was not an exaggeration at all.

Basically he got in it and blasted to the hospital as fast as could (which was very fast), did the same to go home and plugged it.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Reading up on this car has made me wonder if it's the reason Ford has advertised a model of the newly designed Fusion as being a plug in hybrid that supposedly can average 100 mpg. I saw an ad on television about it last night. That Tesla automobile is nice, but a tad pricey.
edit on 13-11-2012 by Rubicant13 because: spelling derp

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Does anyone have a Tesla charger? dammit my car just died!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join