It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I find the lack of media coverage disturbing.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

another school of thought in conjugtion to my above post, is that i notice "normal" people (whatever that really means) seem to be like clueless about 2012 or dont care. another school of thought could be deep down our inner conscious is aware something significant is coming this date, and were all ignoring it, not thinking about, kind of like how you try not to think about monday come sunday evening. sure people could tell me how down to earth they are, and how they are in control of their lives and pioneer their own destiny (which is bs in its own) but the truth is, deep down within humanity, is something that senses the end, that wants the end, the dates may have been flops and all but the world doesnt have to end for something to change. 'something' will happen on 2012, and no it wont be anything life changing, but it will be the coming months and years that follow that it will happen i assure this. 2012 will be man made and sentimental. So Flexy123 thanks for keeping us down to earth and all, but dont be so ignorant to what is within all of us, dont be so ignorant to not even notice the subtle things.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Bigger than y2k? I don't think so. Perhaps in your own mind it is. But to Joe Public who doesn't visit these sort of sites, it's a story they perhaps heard in passing once or twice, or maybe they saw the 2012 movie. Most probably think it's a joke. Which imo is, created by the very people who want to believe in it.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

2012 has been talked about by many cultures, traditions, and even religions.

Y2K was a hype up by the media.

I guess Y2K was to get those end of the world vibes right away from our system...so when something does happen, there would be no one to believe it. Because it never happened in 2000 so it wont ever happen. So now all egos will automatically debunk anything end of the world, because a hype up by media.

Let time teach those who wont learn from the signs.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
lets be honest if there was a 2012 movie, then most americans will know about it. most people i talk to say they know what it is, just not enough to really feel they know it. they just laugh it off as being stupid or silly.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by honested3

It is because of the movie that it can be downplayed.... As soon as a movie is made about anything, its automatically put into the fiction section of our minds. People don't think anything of it. The media will remain silent, all the way up to that date, and that is their one tell that something is going to happen. The media loves fear mongering, they wouldn't miss the opportunity to report 2012..... So by not reporting it, it is raising some pretty big alarm bells.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
reply to post by honested3

It is because of the movie that it can be downplayed.... As soon as a movie is made about anything, its automatically put into the fiction section of our minds. People don't think anything of it. The media will remain silent, all the way up to that date, and that is their one tell that something is going to happen. The media loves fear mongering, they wouldn't miss the opportunity to report 2012..... So by not reporting it, it is raising some pretty big alarm bells.

How's about this for a radical idea........

The media isn't reporting anything as there is no real, prove able, scientific, non YouTube , non new age nonsense evidence that anything is going to happen.

Its either

A). Report on a fringe concept and be ridiculed after nothing happens
B). Don't report anything

Try to open your minds to the reality, not the fringe

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Because there was so much provable scientific evidence for y2k and harold campings rapture....

Yeah that makes so much sense. Lets not even mention 2012 at all, the ancient civilzations mean nothing at all...

2012 is the one and only end date in our lifetime that the ancients mentioned. Period. Thats not newsworthy at all.

But oh, lets make a big hollywood movie about it instead, it only made 500 million dollars..... No movie was made about y2k, or harold camping......

But yeah, lets not mention this in the news.... it has no scientific evidence.......

/sarcasm off......... People piss me off with their ignorance.

If anything is going to happen on any of these so called end dates, its going to be dec 21st..... after that date and nothing happens, no one will ever believe in an end date again. Do why don't we wake up a little bit, and open our minds a little bit, and think that maybe possibly something might happen.

Why couldn't it happen? Who knows what.... but there is one thing thats for sure. Everything in this universe has a cycle, why can't time a have a cycle, why is it the only linear thing? Several ancient civilizations talked about it.... A great cycle they tracked among the stars, using the precession of the equinoxes to mark its progress.

That is 2012. Not newsworthy at all.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

the Mayan date is speculative and there are so many theories on what may or may not happen. How can such a topic get serious media coverage?

I have seen some documentaries about the Mayan Civilization, but that is really all the coverage it deserves.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

How did y2k get coverage?

At least 2012 has a historical back story to make it more interesting.

It is being silenced, it is plainly obvious to me. And its not just the mayans that talked about it. The mayans are just the most popular. The zodiac and the age of aquarius is yet another thing pointing at 2012..... the egyptians have a calendar as well that talks about 2012. There is a lot more to 2012 when you actually do the research... The news isn't going to tell you.... The whole mayan calendar thing is just the tip of the iceberg, and people brush it off because it has been so sensationalized, with movies and alll the doomsday documentaries.... Any form of truth is automatically thought to be fiction, its actually genius. When you want to hide something, you hide it in plain sight because people don't see whats right in front of them. That is whats happening here.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Then we have the y2k scare. For months before this event, there was a massive amount of media coverage fear mongering about computers crashing, and a technological armageddon.... Everyone knew about it, and everyone was expecting something to happen.

Y2K was supposed to mess up and ruin all computers and mess up every bank, business, aircraft and all sorts.

2012 is just absolute nonsense... nobody EVER said it was the end of the world.

Even the Mayans say it's not the end of the world

www.businessinsider.com...

digitaljournal.com...

digitaljournal.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

As we all know, Dec 21, 2012, is not far away. About 40 days remain. However, what I find most eerie, is the fact that the news hasn't talked about it, at all.

How do you know about it then? Oh, wait. Hundreds of books. Magazine articles. DVDs. Full scale theatrical films. Parodies on The Simpson and Family Guy. Constant jokes on late night TV. Of course, the news won't cover it until it has some footage of people standing on a mountaintop holding candles. They'll broadcast that the next day. After nothing happens.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

As we all know, Dec 21, 2012, is not far away. About 40 days remain. However, what I find most eerie, is the fact that the news hasn't talked about it, at all.

Talked about what exactly? That some nutjobs have decided it is the end of the world?

So a mere 6 weeks away from dec 21, 2012, and its bigger than y2k, and bigger than harold campings rapture.... Dec 21, 2012, has been talked about by ancient civilizations, and not just one, but by the egyptians, the zodiac, the I-ching (timewave) by the kali yuga, by nostradamus, by the hopi indians..... By new age mystics, and even the bible itself,

Except of course those groups gave NOT claimed anything special is going to happen on the 21st....

Does this raise any alarm bells for anyone else?

No, except for the alarm bell that some people will believe anything because they saw it on the internet!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
My partner and I had a discussion at the sheer lack of fictional 2012 stuff this year... I don't come across the repeats of the usual Mayan stuff what so ever or repeats of the cheesy made for TV movies that seemed prevalent up to last year...

The silence is almost deafening in that regard.

After a long discussion we came to the conclusion that they (the establishment and media) didn't want to give a very cheesed off and angry population (of any country you could name) any kind of excuse to go on rampage and riot to vent all the building anger, and there is certainly lots of anger around to vent.

That's my take on it...
edit on 13/11/12 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Yes, exactly.... It just tells me that something really is going to happen, because of their silence. They don't want people to be prepared, they don't want people to panic until its too late, so they stay silent, let the days creep by, and just let it happen.... People will be far to busy with xmas shopping to think about it.... It's retarded. I think it's important people are aware of it, whether something happens or not, we have a right to know.

A right to know what?......what do you want people to be aware of?

Harold Camping was a lunatic.....he got a bit of publicity a couple of weeks before his failed ludicrous claims.

The Y2K scare actually had some merit, not in any mystical way, but it was widely considered that there could be some sort of technological breakdown, plans were made and people were told......everything turned out okay.

2012 has been reported on for years, most people are aware of the silly theories surrounding it, what more would you like done? rest assured that a week or two before 21st December the media will be reporting on it again.....no doubt showing footage of the loons preparing for a mystical non event.

So again I ask, what do you want people to be made aware of?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Um, what ancients have 2012 as an end date? The reason 2012 isn't being reported on is because people have lost interest. Even here on ATS we are seeing significantly fewer posts on the topic as we get closer to the date. So why is the news going to report on something most people no longer care about?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Maybe the media took your findings and are waiting until 2087.
They only care about ratings/money not so much content. If what they are currently pitching happens to be something that interests you, then it's a win/win, but the reality of it all is the media doesn't care outside of what makes them money.

This conspiracy holds as much interest as maybe an eclipse (which by the way used to cause doomsday stress to the unwashed masses). Like the earlier posts states, people have enough stress in real life as it is, if you start pumping manufactured doom and gloom it may cause less spending or more frayed nerves, and for what? The date will come and go and the next end of world date will be dangled in front of your eyes ready to be consumed and marketed for a buck.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
There are logical explanations behind that which you find disturbing.

[color=3AE817]#1

[color=3AE817]#2
Back when Harold Camping predicted the rapture would occur on may 28, 2011, there was huge media coverage, headline news. It was on billboards near major highways, there was a radio station about it, signs on vehicles and so on... People knew about it, and it was talked about by all..

[color=3AE817]#3
Then we have the y2k scare. For months before this event, there was a massive amount of media coverage fear mongering about computers crashing, and a technological armageddon.... Everyone knew about it, and everyone was expecting something to happen.

[color=3AE817]#1 There is nothing to talk about, because there is no real threat whatsoever.

[color=3AE817]#2 Camping's Crew had that crap splattered on Billboards, Buses, and other signs all over the dam place. (I think that was even in other countries too, and not just the U.S.) It was even Camping's freaking radio station. lol.

[color=3AE817]#3 There actually was some sort of a possible threat, that did warrant raising real concerns.

Dec 21, 2012, has been talked about by ancient civilizations, and not just one, but by the egyptians, the zodiac, the I-ching (timewave) by the kali yuga, by nostradamus, by the hopi indians..... By new age mystics, and even the bible itself, not naming that particular day, but hinting that we are in the end of times right now.
Inaccurate translations.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Yes 40 days to go, will be waiting in anxiety and fear of people harming themselves or loved ones.

Nostradamus has predictions going in the next millennium, none of these other things you list in your OP are factual,

Do you actually know what the Y2K concern was?

Do you know how the media get stories to broadcast?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I think it has lost flash because of so many failed "prophecies" and predictions. Especially since there has been a lot of debate on the accuracy of the date as translated from Mayan texts.

The Galactic alignment is an interesting phenomena, but I do not see how that could in any way effect life on this planet. I don't know much about astronomy or astrophysics, but I don't think there will be a "gravity well" or whatever they call it from an alignment.

Now...if you are philosophical or "new agey" you might believe in the "collective consciousness". Maybe billions of people focusing on a particular point in time and space can have some odd effect. I do not know. I have read Persinger's work as well as Jung, Grof and a few others and there is a lot about our brains and our "interconnectivity" that we do not yet understand.

My guess is, they stopped talking about it because more and more people were realizing that the "story" was scare tactics to sell books and speaking events and was based on nothing but someone's guess that others decided to get on board with.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

The next 40 days are exclusively reserved to the savior of our economy, Santa Claus.

There is no room for error in maximizing 4th quarter profits.

Therefore all end of the world coverageis on hold until...

All the consumer goods are bought and wrapped.

that's exactly why they are not mentioning it at all. it's money over human lives once again. it's what our faux economy is built on, the saying goes, don't upset the horses. if they tell us the truth, that our economy is all fake and about to collapse, that would put a damper on consumer spending fairly quick.

i dunno about the validity of prophecies but i do know the validity of our complete mess of an economy and it will be falling like the jaws of millions of people, who will be suddenly out of work.

i often wonder if the prophecies didn't speak in riddles meant to be aligned with the catastrophic loss we will see, when the house of cards comes down...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join