It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

72% of Obama Job Creation in Right To Work States

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

This sure sounds ironic as Obama is a stringent opponent of the "right to work" concepts.

I would also think possible reasons for this are lower wages and benefits.
That's assuming those "created" jobs would pay more in a "union" environment, and that those jobs are even "available" in "union" States.

I think many "newly created" jobs are part time and many "newly created" employees may be on public assistance.

Strange coincidence and perhaps a "calculated risk" that the Administration knew about ahead of time ?
Hmmm. Good conspiracy.

From June 2009 to September 2012, America gained some 2.59 million jobs. That weak recovery was the basis for the Obama re-election campaign. But as it turns out, virtually all of that job creation happened in states that are right-to-work – states in which no industry can force people to join a union in order to work. There are 22 right-to-work states. During that period, those states saw an increase in employment of 1.86 million. That means, according to the National Institute for Labor Relations Research, that “Right to Work states … were responsible for 72% of all net household job growth across the US from June 2009 through September 2012.”

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I'm not saying this is the perfect situation but from a humanitarian point of view, it's better to have more people working part time with a little government help that can survive trough hard times than less people working full time.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I also would like to point how unions will become more and more of a luxury with globalization underway and China being so strong.

Unions, imo, bring many downsides but sadly are required in many fields for the sake of employees.

join