It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas got the 25K signatures. The White House will Formally Review

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I just saw this and thought it would be a good follow up to the Louisiana thread.
It looks like .375% of the population of Texas is on board.
Wow.

The petition to let Texas secede from the U.S. to be reviewed by the White House

Well, Texas, you have done it.

As of 3:40 p.m. ET, more than 25,000 Texans have already signed the petition on The White House website to let Texas peacefully secede from United States of America and “create its own NEW government.”

LINK

Whats really going on here, anything?

edit on Tue Nov 13 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

edit on Tue Nov 13 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a blog is going on here.

It's going to take a lot more than 25000 internet signatures for Texas to secede from the republic. I'm guessing the majority of Texans would not be in favor of this move, and it will certainly take a majority (which 25,000 does not make) for the White House/Congress to even consider such a move.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
25,000 people the IRS should audit for fun.

These people are mentally disabled.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I would like to point out that it's not just Texas signing this potion, any one in the US can sign it.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
blah
edit on 12-11-2012 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Can anyone on here tell me if this is a common occurance after US elections, or is this a new phenomenom?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I'm sure this will provide some "busy work" to some new staff aide

edit on 11/12/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
what a bunch of sore losing republicans

why waste the presidents time with this BS
its only four years...you wanna split the country..that you might control in 4yrs

i dont get it
....one step forward...two steps back

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
If you are planning to run away from home, are you going to petition your parents for permission to do so?

This is a big joke. If a state wants to secede, do it the right way.

Don't ask permission, just do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by morder1

Would you mind clarifying why this would make a person mentally disabled?

Sure thing.

When you throw a tantrum, as a grown person, because you did not get your way on November 6th; that means your mental capabilities never developed past the child stage. By definition a grown person with the mental capacity of a child is disabled.

Clear?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Well I guess if thats how you see it, So be it

I just dont think its fair to say, hey lets throw more govt interference, at this group of people, cause I think they are mentally disabled...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Fair enough. Normally I throw a tag after smart ass comments.

I made a poor assumption that it was not obvious. IRS Audit = Joke.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

The White House has refused to comment on a requests for an investigation into allegations that Rep. Chris Dodd took bribes, clemency for Native American activist Leonard Peltier and the release of accused WikiLeaks whistleblower Bradley Manning. The White House did respond to a petition that gained fewer than 13,000 signatures this fall: the petition seeking the White House beer recipe.

Texas reaches threshold for petition

According to this i dont think anything will happen, and then If the Governor of one of these states is on board also, i think what will end up happening is that he/she will make a public address to this topic, requesting that Pres. Obama look at this matter. Then when nothing is done again, maybe just maybe the states will try to get something bigger done

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrGod
Whats really going on here, anything?

Nothing as the Executive Branch has no say in this matter from the get go. The very notion they will "review" the petition is farce.
edit on 13-11-2012 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join