It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mesa, AZ woman runs over husband for not voting.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Of course it shouldn't. After all he was a MAN and even a lot of Republican women have fallen for the hate the man propaganda of liberals.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
She ran her husband down with a Jeep because he didn't vote.

I find it ironic that she could be charged with attempted murder, which is a felony and she would lose her right to vote.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Wow, women are nuts! Reminds me of that lady a few years back that ran her husband over for cheating with her daughter in the car. It's hard not to laugh at such insanity, although I am not laughing at the poor dude that got squashed of course. Seems like something that would happen on SNL, not in RL

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
That's a bit extreme. I just told my husband that if he didn't go vote not only would I refuse to listen to any of his griping if his chosen candidate didn't win, but that he would get no dessert after dinner. The man can't handle missing dessert!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
Barack Obama 62,255,298
Mitt Romney 58,890,300

His 1 vote would have made all the difference. He got exactly what he deserved; Obama's reelection rests squarely on his shoulders.

You make a good point. The election was very close...and for those who did not bother to vote...(which collectively is probably many) if all those people had voted; Romney might have gotten elected.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Heh. Thank God I only got essentially dumped by a woman I was dating for refusing to support a Fascist Bureaucracy...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Originally posted by eNumbra
Barack Obama 62,255,298
Mitt Romney 58,890,300

His 1 vote would have made all the difference. He got exactly what he deserved; Obama's reelection rests squarely on his shoulders.

You make a good point. The election was very close...and for those who did not bother to vote...(which collectively is probably many) if all those people had voted; Romney might have gotten elected.

Romney received 206/538 = 38% of the electoral college. The above is the popular vote.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I have lived in Arizona. Doesn't surprise me. The heat does things to people's brain out there.

Oh and for the record, when I lived there, I tried to hit my husband with the car. But that was for other reasons.
edit on 13-11-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I was being Facetious.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

so u have participated in spousel abuse, if you were a guy and said the same thing on this forum all the feminists and man haters would come out and rip u a new one, but its cool though your a girl so you get treated differnt...... i love the double standards in this country.

reply to post by Allegorical

i second that motion

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

so u have participated in spousel abuse, if you were a guy and said the same thing on this forum all the feminists and man haters would come out and rip u a new one, but its cool though your a girl so you get treated differnt...... i love the double standards in this country.

reply to post by Allegorical

i second that motion

Nice try but no, he would tell you that he had it coming.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

ha, lol. That is exactly what a portion of battered women say, as a reason for them to keep there abusive spouse around. your digging ur own grave on this one. im not sticking up for ur husband, he chooses his path. im sticking up for the obvious double standard that men and women have on spousal abuse. it ridiculous, and so are you trying to defend ur violent actions.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The part about this that kind of amazes me is this happened in Arizona. The State went to Romney so what difference could it possibly have made that he didn't vote? It is this confounding ability to throw calm collected rational thought out the window that is costing the GOP. What did she want him to do travel to Ohio and commit voter fraud so that his vote would have a meaningful impact?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Wait, in your logic, it is a double standard for a battered wife to attack her abusing husband?

I think the only person digging a hole is you, with a very illogical shovel.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

No, I believe he is saying how many battered woman make the excuse "I had it coming" for their spouse. Same as you are saying your husband would say. I think.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
There are updates to this story. Her bond is set at $50,000.

LINK

According to the court documents, Daniel Solomon's pelvis was fractured, and the arteries that feed his bowels were torn. Hospital staff also told police it's possible that Solomon will have "permanent disfiguration." The charges against Holly Solomon -- reckless driving, disorderly conduct with a weapon, and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon -- have been forwarded to the Maricopa County Attorney's Office.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

I beg to differ, the story is funny, his injuries are tragic.

A bit haggard.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komonazmuk

A bit haggard.

According to reports, she is pregnant.

So potentially, she ruined the lives of 3 people by doing this.
edit on 13-11-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

For the childs sake I hope family members take care of it, as for her, she needs to sit in jail for quite some time.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

attacking your attacker is self defense. either way u look at it this whole thread is a double standard. people are laughing and making jokes. if it was a man hitting a women, the feminists and man haters would be calling for this mans head on a spike, but since it was a women doing the attacking laughing and jokes. if u cant see this then u are lost. and im wasting my time. and sorry u were in an abusive relationship i hope he got what was comming to him.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join