It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

groundbreaking microscopic thread that could let us plug our brain into a computer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
This can lead to something interesting.. If they perfect clones you can basically live forever..

Download you mind into your clone and it will be forever that you technically would like..

Kinda like that Arnold Schwarzenegger movie.... Cant remember the name of it though...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Just matter of time. A lot of older people are going to hate this technology and grab onto every excuse available to rant and rave and to destroy it. This technology is approaching their limits.

Change is never easy.

Expect a fight. Between the old world and the new world. The old world wants to hold onto the notion that humans have 2 arms, 2 legs, head, Homo sapien dna, etc. They believe that our humanity would be eliminated if this were to change. The new world thinks humans are not defined by the old body and can in fact change and even exist on computers. Many of the people in the new world will go too far and the old world will use this as justification to destroy the technology to preserve humanity's past and future. But since the technology is firmly rooted, it'll be a big fight.

You may think I'm imagining this or stretching it, but I'm not. There're people today that reject even computers by themselves. Perhaps this will happen a lot slower and thus it won't erupt in a big fight in the way that I am describing, but even then it'll still be a lower key fight that exists longer.

Some people have extreme faith in nature. In some, it's so strong they'll throw away all modern technology and knowledge. These people exist in large numbers. But you already know that.

Faith can't be negotiated. And that's why this war will exist, whether it's big or small.

I give my best hopes to the future. To hte people who will have to beat down a new path to a new evolution. I also give my hopes to the people who strive to preserve homo sapien. I don't think anybody is right. I'm just here to say that a war is always brewing behind the scenes.
edit on 13-11-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
reply to post by boymonkey74

hey monkey magic!!

untill they make a hover board...the future will always seem a million miles away

I think they have

new topics

<< 1   >>

join