It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toronto war memorial defaced in ‘hate crime’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
And so it begins

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Qui bono?

If I am wrong...no harm done
If YOU are wrong?????????????????????
edit on 13-11-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Extremists? I doubt it, do you really see vandalism as extreme? Now if they blew it up, that would be extreme. This is nothing but a common vandal, they are a dime a dozen in the cities. This one only got any attention at all, because the media knew it would probably piss some people off and get some ratings. That is all.

This was not an act of terrorism, it was an act of stupidism, if that is a real word. If not, I call dibs on the copyright

edit on Tue, 13 Nov 2012 05:23:08 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Humanity4Ever

Obvious false flag.

It would be laughable except for the fact that people are so stupid that they might actually buy into this bullcrap.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Who cares what group, if any, the perpetrator(s) of this vandalism belong to/participate in/hide behind/originate from . . . . those responsible are nothing more than sorry assed excuses for a human beings. All I hope is that someday you experience a fate worse than the most horrific of atrocities experienced by those who fought for your freedom, you jackwagon piece of crap. And, at the end of your days on this earth, I truly hope they drop you in a hole then place a headstone over your final resting spot that says, Here lies a peckerhead who's only purpose in life was to use up air that an otherwise useful human being could have used.

It is at moments such as this I wish more people in this world . . . most notedly the parents of whomever it was who did this . . . practiced birth control.

Just my thoughts.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Do we know for a fact that this was done by Muslims? How do we know that? Have any suspects been arrested?

It's a dangerous game when you see mindless scribblings that deface a memorial and automatically assume it's Muslims because it says "Allah." Twenty miles from where I live, the outside wall of a synagogue had multiple swastikas painted upon it, and words like "kike". It turned out to be two black youths who were responsible, not neo-Nazis.

We need to be very careful, less we're given biased, faulty information and start blaming the wrong people. After all, Hitler had the Reichstag burned and blamed it on a mentally handicapped Dutch man.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

It sounds like the work of a regular vandal and not someone of the Muslim faith.

But I love how people automatically jump to conclusions.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

Obvious false flag.

You'll have to excuse my ignorance and stupidity, but could you explain why, and which part of it is obviously a false flag.

Thank you kindly.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
A Torontonian here...

There are not many "extremist" in Toronto unlike UK, because, Muslim does monopolize the "immigrant" section. There are immigrants from a lot of places and they keep each other in check. For example. when Muslims wanted cafeteria for prayers, the Hindus and Sikhs were against that. Thinks like that keep extremism from running adamant.

I lived near a mosque in Scarborough, and i see Muslims kids come around to near by place and chat after their prayer, but what i see in them i s what i see in all the other teens of their age, talking about teen stuff.

Toronto's resident will NOT let extremism run rampant, i can guarantee you that because the other cultural that live in Toronto would not tolerate that.

____

It could be some Anti-muslim that could have written that to incite future hate crime. Muslims in Canada is more refined that Europe.

You guys get the craps that run borders, we get the skilled that come thru proper passport and identification, also need to know English and have work skills..

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by subjectzero

Let me guess. There are no racists in Canada.
Sure there are, but this smells to me of teen-age hooligans. Even if if it was an arsehole of the Muslim persuasion, that doesn't define them as a group. Toronto is a place where a mosque and a synagog share a parking lot (on Bayview for you locals)...I like that.

Couple of clarifications, though...
I don't think Murdoch owns the Toronto Sun, even though it is crap characterised by an 'are you still beating your wife?' editorial environment.
Also, "By Way Of Deception, Thou Shalt Do War " is not just a book - it is purported to be the motto of the Mossad. Not that I am trying to create an association with this disgraceful event, just clearing that up.

And I will allow as Canada is the kind of place where this kind of vandalism still offends and creates a stir. That's not a bad thing.
edit on 13-11-2012 by JohnnyCanuck because: style, my man...style.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I guess I can't even imagine that kind of atmosphere anymore. That's old America - where something still shocks.

Enjoy the innocence. It probably won't last.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by subjectzero

We been holding it down for 50 yrs. I don't it being affected unless America kicks its extremest out and they come to Canada...

The Thing is... America immigrations is sooo full of holes, even tho Canada has a refined immigration system it would not help because the extremist would come under "American Citizens" status /sigh.

If such thing does happen, Canada should beef up the Canada/US borders...but its soo big lol.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
"I don't think Murdoch owns the Toronto Sun, even though it is crap characterised by an 'are you still beating your wife?' editorial environment."

You are in fact correct. Apologies for my prior statement, thank you for clarifying that so I don't keep repeating it.
The Sun chain in the UK is owned by Rupert Murdoch, as well as Fox news in the US, and I made the leap. As you said, they do have the same style.

Wow, I didn't realize the corp. also owns The New York Post and The Wall Street Journal. Lots of other stuff too, assuming this is correct, never know with wiki.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 13-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: add comment

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Consider, and remember I offer this strictly as a hypothetical, that people of a non-Muslim mid-eastern background might, for reasons of their own, want to turn public feelings away from the Muslims. Would this not be an excellent way to do it?
In fact, if that is the case is it not working out exactly as they'd hoped and planned?
BTW...They were able to distinguish between magic markers used by Muslims and magic markers used by Zionist how?
I do not say small time false flag. I say 'I don't know'. I'm just curious how those who do 'know' have come by that knowledge

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

"How many religious groups refer to God as Allah"?
You're kidding right?
So if some Zionist wanted to turn the public against the Muslims by desecrating this shrine and blaming them he would have written 'Praise to Yahweh'? Yeah, that would have convinced the public it was Muslims.
Like I said, you're kidding right? This is just so obvious I have to take your remark as a joke as I can not believe anyone could actually be that stupid

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Those who are laughing at the Canadians for overacting would be doing the exact same things in this circumstance.

If someone defaced a US War Memorial, i am sure the Americans would be majorly peeved about it. I am sure a lot of Americans would jump to conclusions as well. Every country would act the same.

I know i would be angry if someone defaced an Australian War Memorial. I know the British would be angry if someone defaced their War Memorial. I know that the French, Russians, Germans, Italians, Spanish, Thais, Burmese, Indians, Swedish and every one else out there would be angry if someone defaced their War Memorials too.
edit on 14-11-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Puck 22

The lets hate Muslims so its ok to invade them with NATO phase has begun.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

If your intent was to confuse then let us pretend you have so that I can ask you to stop playing games and state openly and plainly what you are saying.
I and others seem to hold the view that while it could have been a Muslim it could also have been a Zionist trying to stir up anger against Muslims.
Which of these is correct is an unknown. There is simply not enough evidence to determine an answer.
You, however, seem to be claiming or implying that it 'must' have been a Muslim and that it is not possible that a Zionist might actually be behind this because.....because.....
Forgive me. This is where I get confused trying to follow your logic.
It absolutely, positively could not have been a Zionist. That would be impossible because.....because....
Need some help here.
You know for a fact it was a Muslim because.....because....
Try another question.
Why am I so sure you will either ignore this or change the subject if you do respond?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Puck 22

Im new to this place, but I would expect you to know the good guys dont do bad things and the bad guys only do bad things, if they do good its to hide bad things. The Zionist do no wrong and if you think wrong anything else you are an anti-semetic.................... The Muslims are evil fundamentalist, extremist, radical, diabolical, menacle, etc guys who only do evil things for evil. If you think other wise you are a SYMPATHIZER, APOLOGIST, etc.

You are either with or against, you are no longer an audience, you participate being agreeing or disagreeing.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I agree. But let's go even further. All these people would be upset if their homes were burglarized, their cars stolen, their loved ones assaulted.
But not one of them who have advanced at least to the point that walking erect is no longer a difficult concept would want just anyone who belonged to a group they did not like prosecuted.
If a Muslim robbed my home I would not scream 'jail the Zionist'. I would want to know who did it and then for that particular person to be prosecuted. To blame anyone, Muslim or otherwise before you know the facts is simple blind bias.
You seem to have a difficult time understanding this very simple idea. Do you have trouble walking with your head so high in the air?

edit on 14-11-2012 by Puck 22 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join