It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ms Broadwell has lawyered up! AND with a big-time DC Criminal lawyer.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
IMO this is just the beginning of much larger intrigue. Why would she state that the Benghazi compound was holding prisoners? If it was true, it would be illegal as heck. I believe it was in 2009 that Obama issued a directive that the CIA could no longer take or hold prisoners of any kind. Who gave her that information? This is a very connected chick in military and intelligence circles in DC. Also curious is that the youtube video of her speech from October 26 has been removed. Curiouser, and curiouser.

For some reason I cannot get the link to the story to work. Here is the link to the front page. The story is on the left hand side.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Linky Right Here

"Broadwell, a former Harvard University researcher who focused her dissertation on Petraeus’s military career, hired longtime Washington criminal defense attorney Robert F. Muse, the lawyer said Monday."

snip>
edit on 12-11-2012 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
please provide a working link......it says page not found.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

I have tried everything to get the link working. When I go to look for the story I find it. I even tried emailing the link to myself. I clicked on the link in the email and it worked. I do not know why it is not connecting here. I will try again. It is Washington Post, and the story headline is:
Lawmakers want probe of Petraeus investigation

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

There is a different headline on the front page. When you click on the article the heading is "Petraeus told biographer to stop harassing family friend, officials say"

trying here with link:

www.washingtonpost.com... 3af7b7a_story.html?hpid=z1

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Here is your link

Please read the PDF in my signature on how to properly add links so this does not happen.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

That was so nice of you but that is not the article that I provided the snip for. I will look at your pdf. Thanks

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
ok so what i get here is that Petraeus is under scrutiny for the chain of events.
i cant find the article i read a few weeks ago but basically after fox news original article nytimes said fox news was full of it. I know alot of you think fox is a propaganda machine. but so far they were first to come forward and say they smelled a rat.

New fox news article.
link

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
i got the same page as puter provided, i got it from your op.

i also searched the site and found yet again the same heading.

someone sweeping things under the rug again? dont they know thats not how you make problems disappear?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

My OP is fixed. The link is there thanks to puterman. That was so easy I feel really dumb.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Since your title she the other woman got a lawyer, I thought it only fair to have an article that mentions the story....
www.businessinsider.com...

Jill Kelley, the "other woman" in the scandal that cost CIA director David Petraeus his job, has lawyered up, reports Donna Leinwand Leger at USA Today.

Kelley, an "unpaid social liaison" at MacDill Air Force Base, has hired DC superlawyer Abbe Lowell and crisis PR person Judy Smith.

The Petraeus investigation was allegedly triggered by hostile emails from his biographer and mistress Paula Broadwell to Kelley. She felt like she was being harassed by Broadwell and reported the emails to the FBI.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I just got off the tube and thought i would share.......the FBI is saying that Ms. Broadwell had classified documents in her email. And that the couple were under investigation by the FBI all summer long.

Im getting alot of contradictory information on this subject. This is like tip-toeing through a minefield.

edit on 12-11-2012 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Well that is interesting. I wonder why she got a lawyer? Probably because it has been insinuated that she was having an affair with Petreaus as well and it is just not true and she is getting ready to sue some people. Hmmmmmmmm.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Ms. Broadwell had her home searched tonight and had papers seized. link

Three days after Paula Broadwell entered the center of national controversy, FBI agents Monday evening entered her family’s Dilworth home and appeared to be searching both floors.

The four or five agents brought cardboard boxes used for carrying papers and were on both floors of the home. About a dozen members of the local and national media gathered. It wasn’t immediately clear what the agents were focused on.

Broadwell’s apparent affair with retired Army Gen. David Petraeus, who is married, led him to resign Friday as CIA director. Broadwell’s Charlotte neighbor Sarah Curme said Monday that Broadwell, her husband and two young sons were doing pretty well considering the circumstances. Broadwell marked her 40th birthday over the weekend with family in Washington, D.C.

Read more here: www.newsobserver.com...#storylink=cpy

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Senate Intelligence Committee Chair Dianne Feinstein said on Monday that President Barack Obama should have been told much earlier about the FBI’s investigation into former CIA Director David Petraeus.

www.politico.com...

The first week of June 2012, Senator Feinstein spoke with anger about the "avalanche of leaks" occurring in relation to U.S. intelligence affairs.

"What we're seeing...is an Anschluss, an avalanche of leaks. And it's very, very disturbing. You know, it's dismayed our allies. It puts American lives in jeopardy. It puts our nation's security in jeopardy,".

Together with other heads of Congressional oversight, Senator Feinstein vowed to stop leaks. One week later she co-sponsored, with Senator Saxy Chambliss, S. 3314: A bill to specifically authorize certain funds for an intelligence or intelligence-related activity and for other purposes. It is not known if this bill is related to the leak-stopping exercise.

en.wikipedia.org...

So Senators Feinstein and Chambliss were concerned about leaks around the same time the FBI investigation started. What is really going ?

new topics

top topics

join