It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart Employees to Pay More for Health-Care Plans

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234
It was my understanding that a lot of Wal-Mart employees already qualified for medicare and that Wal-Mart's health insurance options were already well out of reach to most of their low-wage employees.

Wal-Mart screwing over its employees is nothing new this is just another excuse for it.

Pretty much. Years ago when I worked at a Walmart, it would have taken half of my paycheck to cover the insurance premiums. This was decades ago. Likely, they have no hope to be able to afford the health care premiums now days unless they are management.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FreebirdGirl

Wrong, the Fed has been bailing out Romeny Care under Obama also. no only under Bush. this was more for Obama gain than Bush this time

Under Obama Massachussetts got bailed out to keep the Romeny care from failure while Obama was passing his version of the bill.

While you are right about how Massachussetts has been bailed out since before Romeny Care it got worst after the State Health Care Reform as most of part of the population have to get into Medicaid because could not afford Romeny Care

The Federal Government Has Been Bailing Out Romneycare, but Who Will Be Available to Bail Out Obamacare?

The Beacon Hill Institute in Massachusetts has just released a very good – but very depressing study. The research finds that costs have jumped under Romneycare, but that’s not surprising. After all, politicians always underestimate the cost of new entitlements.

The important revelation in this new research is the degree to which the system has been propped up by the federal government (i.e., taxpayers in the rest of the nation).

That’s probably good news for Bay State politicians, who get to shift a fiscal burden to people outside the state, And it’s probably good news for Mitt Romney, because it somewhat disguises the magnitude of the disaster he imposed on the taxpayers of his state.

danieljmitchell.wordpress.com... /

The only reason Romeny Care survive is because Tax payers all over the nation is paying for it wait when Obama Care takes over nation and see who is going to bail them out.

Feds bail out Massachusetts, but who bails out feds?

Massachusetts is a problematic model on which to base federal health-care reform because the state relies heavily on Medicaid. Washington in 2008 agreed to provide the state with $10.6 billion over three years as part of its Medicaid waiver request, which allows the state to subsidize insurance for people with incomes higher than Medicaid rules normally allow.

Unlike Massachusetts, the federal government doesn’t have a back-up source of funds to help it pay for national health care. Washington might want to see how Massachusetts does in solving these problems before proceeding with a similar model for the country.

www.patientpowernow.org...

edit on 12-11-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Sorry seems like we both agree. From reading your post it appeared that you were giving Obama all the credit for Fed money going to Mass. As far as who will bail the Feds out, don't they have one of those monopoly money thingys?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FreebirdGirl

Bush approved 3 years of Federal money to pay out for Massachusetts Medicare increase after Romney Care, Obama didn't stop the pay offs under his administration because it was his best interest to keep Romney care alive as he was working on his Obama care version.

Stilll, this are not good news for those that think Obama care will send them checks in the mail to pay for healthcare, Actually that is why he needs an expansion of Medicaid, but because this is at State level States are the ones that can allow this increase in order to get Federal funds.

Things are going to get very interesting in the next few years as Obama care starts.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

Whatever you said,

I probably agree with it

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I try avoid this place when I can.
But is was late and the better half needed something so I had to use them. When I was checking out I commented to the cashier about the rising food costs in the past year. Sadly she said that she has a hard time even affording food these days. And sometimes she has to go without.

This really hit home for me she was a older lady and seemed very nice. What these people should do is form a union and demand a living wage for the work they do.

If you can avoid Walmart you should until they pay people a living wage. Something is going to have to give in this country food is a potent motivator.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join