It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's a question nobody is asking about Benghazi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
If the federal government knew General Petraeus was having an affair LAST SUMMER, one that could possibly be sharing "state secrets," and were expecting to ask him to resign, then why would they still have him conduct the investigation into the Benghazi attack?

Stumped yet?
edit on 12-11-2012 by doesntmakesense because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by doesntmakesense
If the federal government knew General Petraeus was having an affair LAST SUMMER, one that could possibly be sharing "state secrets," and were expecting to ask him to resign, then why would they still have him conduct the investigation into the Benghazi attack?

Stumped yet?

I thought the investigation into the Benghazi attack was being conducted by the Senate and the House.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by gmonundercover

Originally posted by doesntmakesense

Stumped yet?

I thought the investigation into the Benghazi attack was being conducted by the Senate and the House.

I meant the investigation Petraeus personally led for the CIA, the FBI also conducted their own investigation on it, as well as the State Department I believe?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by doesntmakesense

Because no one in the federal government cared until his mistress/biographer started sending threatening emails from his personal email account to a totally different woman. Indicating she was getting access to information that she really shouldn't have been getting access to. She became a liability to his ability to keep a secret, requiring him to lose his security clearance and forcing him to resign.

When you're in that power bubble no one cares if you're a terrible person or a criminal, they only care when people outside the power bubble find out.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

I'd like to humbly disagree. If they knew about it for months already, why wouldn't they wait one more week before asking him to resign?

Diplomatic security officers informed their headquarters in Washington about the attack just as it was beginning at about 9:40 local time (3:40PM Eastern Time). By 4:30 Eastern, Pentagon officials informed Defense Secretary Leon Panetta about the attack. The Pentagon ordered an unmanned aerial vehicle that was in the air conducting surveillance on militant camps to fly over Benghazi. The drone arrived at 5:11 and began providing a video feed to Washington. At 5:41, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton telephoned CIA Director David Petraeus to coordinate. The CIA, which made up most of the US government's presence in Benghazi, had a ten-member security team at its annex and the State Department believed that this team would assist the consulate in the event of an attack.

Petraeus of all people knew EXACTLY what happened on that day. Why doesn't Washington want him to testify is the real question.

new topics

top topics

join