It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Jesus was born of a Virgin - then he should be she ~!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
If it was a supernatural event, science can be thrown out the window as it only deals with the natural. That's why it's hard to convince believers since they believe in magic.
edit on 16-11-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
If it was a supernatural event, science can be thrown out the window as it only deals with the natural.

That's why it's hard to convince believers since they believe in magic.
magic.

edit on 16-11-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

Hi Hydroman,
So you are saying that Science deals with the natural?
What is considered to be 'the natural'?

There are MANY unexplained events in History and in todays world.....this may all be called supernatural, but it becomes a fact even in science if it wee them that witnessed it...even though they could not explain it!
I may have not understood your comments....

you said...

That's why it's hard to convince believers since they believe in magic

What do you mean by convince the believers since they believe in magic?
Thanks....

ICXC NIKA

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by godlover25
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

Jesus is the Word.

This discussion is pointless,

Go use google

Consider the knowledge that The name Jesus is in fact Latin and if the guy did exist he was called Yeshua reads as yēšūă' in Hebrew [ישוע, with vowel pointing יֵשׁוּעַ - ] this was a common alternative form of the name יְהוֹשֻׁעַ or Yehoshuah.

Therefore Yehoshuah is 'your word' which translates from Hebrew into the name of Joshua.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by Pauligirl

OMG! It's all true.

www.nobeliefs.com...

JERUSALEM- A team of archaeologists discovered artifacts near the wall in Jerusalem's ancient City of David that not only shows evidence that Jesus actually existed, but that "he" was a female. The amazing discoveries make it, not only the earliest known evidence for Jesus, but reveals that Jesus was actually a girl.

Carbon dating puts the artifacts at around 30 A.D. which makes this the earliest known evidence for an historical Jesus.

In describing the painting, Ephraim Balzar, a professor emeritus at Tel Aviv University, depicted the mural as, "Jesus with flowers in her hair, wearing a pearl necklace and a beaded anklet (ankle bracelet). And note Christ wearing the red lipstick." Also in the painting, "you can see a vertical ichthys that had a special meaning in ancient religions."

The dirty little secret in Christian history is that Jesus has, many times, been shown as a woman. "This is no secret to the early Catholic priests," says Balzar. "In fact, Jesus as been reinterpreted as Mary, Christ's mother, to avoid the embarrassing consequences to Catholic congregations," said Balzar. "The virgin Mary is actually the virgin Jesus," claims Balzar..........................

Hi /

Paintings in the west differ greatly to paintings in the East....dont mean anything!
Early paintings in the East show Jesus Christ as a MAN......The First MAN after Adam.
The *Theotokos as a WOMAN....The first WOMAN after Eve....Saint Paul
The *Theotokos was mentioned in the Old Testament as a WOMAN, therefore SHE is a WOMAN, female!
*Mother of God(spell check,stop correcting my spelling!)

Jesus Christ was married to the church(figuratively speaking).....Christ ...Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the Church.
Also....John 19:26,27..... So Jesus, seeing his mother and the disciple whom he loved standing there, said to his ... Then he said to the disciple, "Behold your mother!"

By Early Catholic priests you mean???
What year is that?
And who is this Balzar?(not that I care!)

ICXC NIKA

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
To borrow a word.... Fascinating.
I do NOT know the truth about the gender of the Christ. I am not sure I care; however, Gospel paints the Christ as a male. I have no reason to doubt that and if you doubt the Creator's ability to make a Virgin Birth happen, YOU tell Him, I ain't.
I said I do not know the truth about Christ's gender and that is true in and of itself, but it falls short of full truth as I have NO idea what the truth is about anything.
I have FAITH that I was created and put here but I have Questions about both the mechanics of and the author of that event.
I have FAITH that I am tasked to observe and learn and to make choices based on what I have learned and apply those choices to my time in this world and those choices will manifest in my time AFTER this life.
I have FAITH that my immortal soul will not be abandoned though I know not what will become of it.
FAITH is not magic. It is not science. It is the Covenant we each have with Eternity. It is wholly the "property" of each of us and we will each experience it differently.
I never judge a questioner like I never judge a believer. Not my job. Faith is my job, Judement is His.
Thank you for letting a clueless old man vent.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

Textand if he was a Male how could he be born without a male chromosome...

@ 1BornPatriot

Jesus was born of a woman but was conceived by the Holy Spirit (whatever that means).

Mat 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

If this be true then Jesus could be of a different genetic order than any of us.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
another point I would like to add. it has bugged me for a few years.... If christ was crucified through the palms like stigmata's suggest - then Jesus could have been female the weight would not have been suffiecient to rip the hands - History suggests that these crucifictions were done through the wrists to support the weight of males. Stigmata's are always bleeding from the palms ... the shroud of turan says the wrists were nailed through.
religion says the palms - that would not have been suffiecient to crucify a male. ???? still think Jesus was a Male ?>?>?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join