Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

If Jesus was born of a Virgin - then he should be she ~!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
IF parthenogenesis was involved, then yes.

However, I rather suspect Mary was having midnight visitors either in the form of her husband or some alien. And a whole lot of people mangled the bible translation.

You know...... a hundred or so years ago, virgin meant "young woman", not person who has never had sex before.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
maybe Jesus was a hermaphrodite

Maybe his mother Mary was and she got herself pregnant and it runs in the family.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

Seriously? There are really only two logical options here. Either you reject the idea of Jesus being Emmanuel (God with us) entirely, or you accept it. If you reject it, then there is no reason to wonder about the scientific issues at all. If you accept it, then you accept that God created everything, and thus can become incarnate in the body of a virgin, as a male child. If God can speak light into existence, before the sun, moon, and stars were created, being born male seems pretty simple in comparison.

Is this thread actually to speculate on that issue, or to somehow make Jesus look like something other than what the Bible tells us?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Here is an interesting video which answers the whole chromosome question.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by godlover25
you're not even a Christian correct?

I'm Christian. Not a fan of the Old Testament. And I'm open to other thought processes (like reincarnation). But I'm definately Christian. Christ is God incarnate. (my belief)

The New Testament is very clear. Christ is male. Christ wrote. Christ hung out with guys .. not with women by the well gossipping during the day. Not cooking with women. HE was definately a dude.

Well, maybe looking at the OT a different way would help. The OT is really a prophecy of Jesus, for the most part. Anyway, agree that He was, and IS, male. God Incarnate! There is far too much in the writings that proves this, to think anything else.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Well, Jesus didn't write because he was a teacher. A radical to the Jews. A little too much of a forward thinker for the time.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I really think that Jesus was a he, sorry, just can't see it any other way..
if he was a she, they would have never allowed her to be in the temple teaching at any age, let alone at that young age....
although, scientifically, you are right, you need a male sperm to create a male child.

this can lead to a couple of conclusions...
one is that mary was not a virgin after all. and well, look through history, you can find many proclaiming to be the son of god, born of a virgin, christ was not the first, or the last to have made this proclamation, although, not sure if he ever did... who knows, if having non-virgin birth before marriage was punishable by death, we might have many of them now also!!

the second would be that with God all things are possible... man can now give the virgin the ability to have a son through artificial insemmination, if we can do it, I am sure the creator can!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by godlover25

Your name says one thing, your words are saying another.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...

I can't seem to get Youtube videos to imbed.
edit on 13-11-2012 by ManjushriPrajna because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I happen to think a little FAR outside the box.... lol

In my view...

Jesus is the first and last Adam (atom, human) and with that said when he was materialized (came into matter) he split. What happens when an atom splits? Exactly.... we then have the human race on its journey all over the world.

When he/she (positive and negative) split is when male and female began. He needed a companion and said companion came from his "split". So, it can be said that when the first "man" came into matter He was both male and female. The split of the male/female is the same soul... some may call it "soul mate".

In my view.. the Bible describes what was going on in the "heavens" and while it went on in the heavens it also manifested on Earth as it was coming into form as well.... from the thought. Once the thought came into creation it then materialized with matter and manifested.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I'm still waiting to see evidence that he actually existed, once we've got that out of the way, then I'll be concerned about gender issues.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Virgin birth, suuure.

More like an extramarital affair coverup that went far, too damn far.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

This is the most ignorant thread I've read in a while.

You should delete this before you get laughed and scorned off ATS,

Seriously, do you have any clue about anything?

My mind is aching

Laughed and scorned for a religious thread on ATS? Nope. But do expect 60+ pages of quotes from Deuteronomy...

On the other hand, I believe Jesus was a goat.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Simply retarded, this is exactly why our ountry is going to crap.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ManjushriPrajna

You follow demonic idols and criticize the God of all Flesh

You are in no position to judge me,

When you feel like learning the truth about the New Age heresies you follow,

Message me,

With love,

a REBUKE,

Yours in Christ

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Yeshua was a goat, in a way.

He was (is) our scape goat.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

You follow demonic idols and criticize the God of all Flesh

You are in no position to judge me,

When you feel like learning the truth about the New Age heresies you follow,

Message me,

With love,

a REBUKE,

Yours in Christ

I follow no idols. I have a teacher, whose name was Siddhartha Gautama. I criticize no gods, not the God of Abraham, not Allah, not the Ahura Mazda, not the Brahman. I am in no position to criticize gods, brother. Your words, on the other hand, I can criticize, not out of spite or anger, but out of what you seem to profess for your God yet seem unable to show for someone who simply questions something in your book: Love. Because I want you to take a look at what you're saying.

The question at hand was "was Jesus really a woman?" Now, understandably, that goes against what we know about the Christ, yet instead of simply refuting the OP's theory, you turn to call the thread ignorant, you tell the OP to delete the post, wish that he gets ostracized by the ATS community, and top it off with the assertion that the OP is stupid.

You love God? Sure. I can't say you don't, because I don't know you. But your love for others is lacking, brother. Maybe you should start cultivating positive aspects of yourself, such as compassion, which is one of the things your Savior told you to do. You can chalk it all down to me being a "filthy heathen" and following "New Age mumbo jumbo" or whatever way to wish to describe me or my lifestyle, but simply because I'm not a Christian doesn't negate anything that I say. You say "with love", but your dripping vitriol for differing opinions shines through and attenuates any love you claim to possess.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I have love for the Truth, and I have love for all men

I love you so much I will tell you that following Buddha will not get you into heaven.

Following Buddha and denying Christ will not get you into Heaven, no matter what anybody tells you.

If you know the Gospels and reject them to follow "love",

You are in danger of condemnation...

If you grew up never hearing the Gospel, you cannot be condemned justly,

But if you have heard the Gospel, and reject it to follow an idol (and Buddha is an idol), you are in danger;

AV Mk 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

AV Jn 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

AV Jn 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

AV Jn 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

AV 1Jn 5:10 . He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

I love you,

God loves you,

He loves you so much, you can even reject His love, to follow your own devices,

His offer is always there as long as the earth abides

Blessings

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManjushriPrajna

www.youtube.com...

I can't seem to get Youtube videos to imbed.

It's really tricky. I think the idea is to copy the address from the bar at the top of the browser, then erase all but the stuff after the "=" sign. Have had problems with that myself.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1BornPatriot
if I understand of how the sex is determined in humans.... that is .... So what ?
well, good question - I'm not sure .... I think the stories, beliefs and insights of Jesus are more Female than Male,
a male would have been killed long before challenging authorities Females were property in that time. so, Jesus .... was a She .... Hum, I dont know - but I thought it was a good point of debate on ATS... what say you... here is the facts I Found ... interesting thoughts - like if Jesus was a Female - how come we think of Jesus as a male... and if he was a Male how could he be born without a male chromosome... and how could a Male expect to live after chasing the bankers out of the temple .... a Female would be able to do that without challenge .... ???? I really dont know about this one.....

Chromosomes

old painting
edit on 12-11-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

Hi 1BornPatriot///

I have to disagree with your post ''If Jesus was born of a Virgin - then he should be she''
Firstly, When was the last time you heard that a virgin gave birth in the last two thousand years or so, that was recorded in History?
Also the link you gave proves nothing, as it's not as easy as 1 + 1 = 2 !
.... many new facts point to INCORRECT findings of scientific research....modern research has proven incorrect findings on various subjects!
Modern day research on various subjects have new foundings.....some that cannot be explained!

Quote///
In 1 Corinthians 1:2-16, Paul refers to the appropriate behaviour in worship.
..... God is the model of the sexes who are created in His image (Genesis 1:26-27)

God the Father (Ephesians 3:14-15) who is the source of all existence.
Man’s ascendancy over women goes back to Creation where man was created first (1 Corinthians 11:8).
woman was created for man as a helper (Genesis 2:18)...
Above taken from HERE

the First Epistle of John.....

“That which was from the beginning,
which we have heard,
which we have seen with our eyes,
which we have looked upon and touched with our hands concerning the word of life.
­ the life was made manifest and we saw it,
and testify to it,
and proclaim to you the eternal life which was with the Father and was made manifest to us -­ that which we have seen and heard we proclaim also to you ...” .....1 Jn. 1:1-3...
Also....
"I and the Father are one" .....John 10:30
"Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness" Genesis. 1:26.
God as personal plurality within His oneness only becomes evident in the historic revelation of Jesus Christ.
God had declared His oneness of Being when He identified Himself to Moses ....
"I AM that I AM" Exodus ....3:14,
Jesus came identifying Himself as, "I AM the way, the truth, and the life" (John 14:6)....
"I AM the resurrection and the life" ....John 11:25....
"I AM the light of the world" ....John 8:12......
"I AM the bread of life" ..John 6:35,48.....
"I AM the Messiah" ....John 4:26......
"before Abraham came into being, I AM" ....John 8:58.....
"I and the Father are one" ...John 10:30............
"the LOGOS (Word) was in the beginning with God, and was God" (John 1:1)....
"the LOGOS (Word) became flesh" ....John 1:14. ....
The historical incarnation of the Son of God "revealed" ...I Tim. 3:16) and "manifested" ...I John 1:2...
"new creation".....II Cor. 5:17; Gal. 6:15.....New Creation because the first man(Adam)failed....God Took Flesh and became Man to Save man!
No other man was able to Save mankind, but God took Flesh and became Man...
"God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself" ...II Cor. 5:19.....He loved His Creation and wanted all to be Saved through the Son of God....Jesus Christ ......."bring many sons to glory" ...Hebrews. 2:10
Jesus Christ being "the first-born among many brethren" ...Romans. 8:29

God Created Man in HIS Image...Then God said,
“Let us make man in our image,
after our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air,
and over the cattle,
and over all the earth,
and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth.”
So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. (Genesis 1:26-27)....

Another Link on the deification of God

~Index of Messianic Prophecies~

ICXC NIKA

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join