It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If i post a funny cartoon of Mohamed would you....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by KentuckyMan

Nah you won't get banned. People have made fun of Jesus posting pics and never got banned. I'll help you with it.

Offending someone isn't against the law yet, but the way theyre taking political correctness these days, i wouldn't be surprised if that doesn't happen in the U.S. eventually. That'll be the day everyone sews their lips shut.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
In my opinion, the only way to solve this problem is through desensitization. So blaspheme away!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
let me draw something up wait a tic!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by KentuckyMan
How is come it's ok to make fun of jesus...

And what has that led to ? . . .
'Jesus' has been distorted into a blond,blue-eyed,
fable rather than based on facts.

I am saying...EVERY religion is made fun of every day...EVERY DAY..But my point is WHY not Mohamed?

You don't get it.
Muslims indeed joke about their religion; But to
distorted Muhammad, Jesus, and the prophets
the same way christians did to Jesus eg. blond, blue-eyed hippy etc is a different ball game.
Unlike christians who distorted the easter bunny,
santa and his elves; Islam was always persistent with
in keeping the original faith.

We are suppose to be free..
But i bet the catholic church dont murder me and my family....

Distortion of religion is not freedom.
The catholic pedophiles have irreversibly damaged thousands
of families and then some,
and rewrote history to suit themselves.
Some things need protecting.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
How about somebody show me in the T&C where it says you cant post a Mohammed joke. I can not believe how many people disagree with the OP.

Of course the internet supports the freedom of speech, in America. However, that is only in general, not on most sites who have the authority to restrict what you can and can not say

Lets be fair.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

This is my drawing of the prophet Mohamed

edit on 13-11-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-11-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: is that better?
extra DIV

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Being the only one yet to post a self drawn picture I can comfortably claim that as a theme song.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Wow you went thru all my posts and found one which is so tongue in cheek lol, you can tell by all the big grins and the evil hat comment.
ALso you will notice I said in that post ALL religious people not one kind.
Oh and you went thru how many months of posts (8) to find that one...how about I post many many many posts I have posted saying we only need one thing from any religion.
TREAT PEOPLE HOW YOU WANT TO BE TREATED.....thats all we need.
edit on 13-11-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

How about I draw a crusader saying the same thing eh? oh and that could be anyone in your pic.
2nd.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I guess it would be valid if the crusaders were still in existence but go ahead I'm not gonna protest it
. No one knows what Mohamed looked like so yeah I guess it could be anyone but I'm calling him The Prophet Mohamed. Dont have a religion you can't offend me.

edit: went back and titled the picture for you
edit on 13-11-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

Neither do I but you have just offended a billion people and put the site in a bad position.
Brave or stupid? I just hope no one can find out where you are
good luck.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Thats ok with me man. But if I go up missing do me a favor and let everyone here know why.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Errr...people HAVE posted derogatory cartoons of Muhammad (I myself remember regular postings of the bomb-turban image) on these forums before. AND linked to them. And as you can see, they are doing so in this very thread.

South Park depicted Muhammad (not offensively or negatively, but still pretty....absurdly, making him some sort of fireball wizard), and had no backlash or hatred, although they removed that episode from the site after the Danish Cartoon controversy thing.
That is the thing, though, there are almost no positive or neutral images of Muhammad. The OP makes the case that you can make fun of all the other religions, and nothing would happen.
Thing is...when is the last time you saw an image offensively portraying Buddha? Or Moses or Abraham? Or Guru Nanak? Or Shiva? You may occasionally (more often for Jesus, I guess, considering the prevalence of Christianity) come across images involving said figures that makes a joke or pointing out the hypocrisy of the followers, but rarely anything offensive.

Here is an experiment to try. Go to google.com and click "Images".
Search for "Jesus"
I do not get a single offensive image as far down as I can go. They're all just drawings or depictions (usually mistaken ones) of what people think Jesus would've looked like. Eventually, google image starts showing Hispanic people named "Jesus".

Search for "Moses"
Again, I get not a single offensive image as far down as I go. Mostly just drawings, or images of Charleton Heston in the role in The Ten Commandments. Eventually, it starts showing contemporary people named Moses.

Search for "Shiva"
No offensive images as far down as I can go. Just drawings or photographs of statues, eventually leading to images of some indian lady, and some comic book character named "Lady Shiva".

Search for "Guru Nanak"
No offensive images, just pictures of Guru Nanak. Eventually becomes pictures of Sikh people or some Sikh ceremony.

Search for "Buddha"
No offensive images again. I get drawings, or photographs of Buddha as far down as I go.

Now search for "Muhammad"
I get a couple of images of calligraphy with Muhammad's name, a persian-style picture, a photograph of the Bangladeshi Nobel Peace Prize winner Muhammad Yunus, and then at the very start of the 2nd row some old european drawing of Muhammad in hell, and the bomb-turban image, followed by numerous other offensive drawings/cartoons.

Also, some interesting recent incidents involving freedom of speech vs religion:
Guy from Greece arrested for creating a facebook page that made fun of a Greek Orthodox saint
A punk band was arrested, convicted, and are now set to serve 2 years in one of their harshest prisons after getting up in front in a church (when there was no service and just a few worshippers) and singing
The California State Assembly passed a bipartisan resolution (sponsored by 66 of the 88 members of the lower house) demanded that "Anti-Semitic activity should not be tolerated.
This would be cool and all, I guess (although against the Freedom of Speech laws in the US, which don't make exclusions for race or religion), and while it is non-binding, under the list of "Anti-Semitic activity", is stuff like "Accusations that the Israeli government is guilty of 'crimes against humanity'","Accusations that Israel has engaged in 'ethnic cleansing'" and "boycott, divestment and sanctions campaigns against Israel"

So yeah...I'm not sure what you're talking about.

PS: Someone mentioned Muslims not caring about offenses done to Jesus... I've pointed this out before, and I'll do it again, Pakistan banned "The Da Vinci Code" when it came out, as it would be offensive to Christians (most Christians in Pakistan are of Catholic persuasion).
edit on 13-11-2012 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-11-2012 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Looks like not everyone is full of fear. I did not expect this.

It's pretty simple...
Think about what happened when you were young. When you were a little child.
I could not choose in which land i was born. I was not able to pick my religion.
They said i have to be a roman catholic christian and so i became one.
I can say that i was lucky to have good parents. No fanatics.
Others maybe not.
For this or that one it's often not so easy to let things run, or even to turn their backs on the religion that was commanded to them by their family.
Then comes fear... then comes pride...envy...anger...hate... and so on.

I am not in the mood right now to explain this in detail.
The most of us know why it is like it is.
We can do what we want! But there will be reactions. Some can stand these. Others not.
Some will bleed and other maybe die for things they have done.
If this is right or wrong "I" cannot tell.

Peace!!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by cry93
Why would you offend a religion of millions for a laugh? Tell a knock knock joke or something instead. It's easier that way.

And I agree. it will not end well.

But people make jokes about Christians and jews all the time. Especially on this forum. ATS is so hypocritical its almost beyond belief. They hate religion, but they'll suddenly demand respect for Islam. A religion that's currently waging a holy war around the planet.
edit on 13-11-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
LOL .You dont have guts to post a picture of mohammaed even in America.
Now just imagine what those fanatics will do if you do it in Saudi Arabia or Pakistan.
You get the picture.
Now you should know how peaceful Islam is

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by KentuckyMan

cant resist a challenge lol

A terrorist blows himself up and goes up to Heaven where he sees St. Peter at the Pearly Gates and says, “Are you Mohammed?”

St. Peter says. “No, he’s further up.”

He walks up further and sees Jesus. “Are you Mohammed?”

Jesus says, “No, he’s further up…”

Walks on further and sees God with a big beard. “You must be Mohammed!”

“No,” says God, “I’m God, take a seat. Would you like tea?”

The terrorist sits down and says, “Yes, please, I’d love some tea.”

God calls out loudly “Mohammed! Two teas now and make it quick!”

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yngvarr
Government officials in Brussels banned Christmas tree exhibit because Muslim population found it “offensive.”

Brussels Bans ‘Offensive’ Christmas Tree For Muslims

Thanks liberals. Our lives are so much better now

edit on 12-11-2012 by Yngvarr because: (no reason given)

Why are you complaining about liberals for? This is happening in Brussels.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join