It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If i post a funny cartoon of Mohamed would you....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
At the end of the day it is about respect isn't it? I respect Muslims as human beings and would not try to offend them on purpose just like the OP wants to do.

edit on 12-11-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

I agree that it would be rude, and stupid, however, I think the OP is asking a rhetorical question and has no desire to post such a cartoon.

Could be wrong, but rereading the OP I can't find where he has stated a desire to do so.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Sissel

Sounded like good reasons to me, thanks for that

At the end of the day it is about respect isn't it? I respect Muslims as human beings and would not try to offend them on purpose just like the OP wants to do.

I am saying...EVERY religion is made fun of every day...EVERY DAY..
turn your tv on...it is.
But my point is WHY not Mohamed?

We are suppose to be free..not suppressed.or held down afraid to speak.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Threads like this are fun.

They end up being 74 pages of people shouting back and forth at each other ...

"freedom of speech!!"
"No ... it's a small world we all need to get along"
"freedom of the press!"
"No ... common sense says don't do it"
"But it's FUNNY!"
"But it's not to some others"
"That's their problem .. It's FUNNY!"
"Joke about something else"
"No! Freedom of speech!, this is 2012, they need to learn this!"

Okay .. did I get all 74 pages down to a single post ??
Save us all some time?? Yep .. I think I did.

To the OP .. do what you wish. If it's against T&C you'll be banned.
If it's not against T&C then you'll get it out of your system ...
some will laugh and some will yell at you.

Guess that says it all.
edit on 11/12/2012 by FlyersFan because: typo

No, No,,, Not Yet,,My Friend FlyersFan, There has to be at one one of this posted in those 74 pages

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Threads like this are fun.

They end up being 74 pages of people shouting back and forth at each other ...

"freedom of speech!!"
"No ... it's a small world we all need to get along"
"freedom of the press!"
"No ... common sense says don't do it"
"But it's FUNNY!"
"But it's not to some others"
"That's their problem .. It's FUNNY!"
"Joke about something else"
"No! Freedom of speech!, this is 2012, they need to learn this!"

Okay .. did I get all 74 pages down to a single post ??
Save us all some time?? Yep .. I think I did.

To the OP .. do what you wish. If it's against T&C you'll be banned.
If it's not against T&C then you'll get it out of your system ...
some will laugh and some will yell at you.

Guess that says it all.
edit on 11/12/2012 by FlyersFan because: typo

No you missed the racial undertones.
Ive already been accused of wanting to use the N word freely lol it came from left field but it did happen..

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColAngus
Oh boy.

This will not end well.

No, it won't end well. It can't because there's no good answer. If we agree to respect something (meaning if we make something off limits), then others will cry out for the respect of their beliefs, be they religious or not. For example, someone might find it highly offensive to portray the President of the United States in a bad light. And, I would have to agree with this. We're talking about the highest office in the land, and it should be respected no matter who is sitting in the oval office.

But then, Senators and Governors represent us. To insult one of them is to insult us. So, they must be off limits, too. Some celebrities are considered national treasures, so I don't want anyone offending Bill Cosby, Oprah, Brittany Spears...

No, we cannot make one thing off limits without turning the world into a battleground because somebody said or drew something offensive about any person, place, or thing.

If the OP wants to offend Islam he has every right to create his own website and exercise his freedom of speech/expression. As long as he understands that those he offended will also have the right to express their disapproval.
edit on 11/12/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by KentuckyMan

the only reason this gets any play at all depends on how much advertising the CIA puts behind it...... got to sway public opinion .... and the response is also given which equals the desired result... otherwise non issue.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

I agree that it would be rude, and stupid, however, I think the OP is asking a rhetorical question and has no desire to post such a cartoon.

Could be wrong, but rereading the OP I can't find where he has stated a desire to do so.

Ty i never wanted to..
But if someone wanted to i am saying WHY THE HECK NOT!!!!
every religion gets raw doged from time to time..I see no harm what so ever.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by KentuckyMan

Who's stopping you from talking about this right now? You seem to be going at it quite well with no deaths threats so far.

Do you have a problem with respecting? Because wondering why you can't draw a cartoon, has been explained to you.

Try walking into a Catholic church some time, dressed like Marilyn Manson with a t-shirt emblazoned with an inverted cross.

Do you think that would be funny? Or, do you think people would find it offensive?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I just think they need to get use to the idea of humor without the need for violence. It only amplifies how psychotic others think they are when they overreact.

link   

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it?

You take a sarcastic metaphor and rape it with poor grammar and LOLs galore.

Huzzah, my KY friend. Big fan of your jelly, btw.

link   

Yes but you are talking about posting it on here ATS, No free speech here look at the T&C's.
If you want to say anything in real life go ahead do it but If I went to any religious place and started insulting their God/prophet/Monkey God I would expect a kicking.
You know it will offend people so why do it?
Muslims do not offend Jesus they see him as a prophet.
I think religion is all hogwash TBH but seeing many people are religious (whatever thing they follow) I will try not to offend them but I will question them and try to understand them.
I have worked with Muslims for years now and I will tell you what they are decent human beings, at least they do not try to convert me and tell me I'am going to hell for not believing.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel

Who's stopping you from talking about this right now? You seem to be going at it quite well with no deaths threats so far.

Do you have a problem with respecting? Because wondering why you can't draw a cartoon, has been explained to you.

Try walking into a Catholic church some time, dressed like Marilyn Manson with a t-shirt emblazoned with an inverted cross.

Do you think that would be funny? Or, do you think people would find it offensive?

Offensive yes..But at same time the lord works in mysterious ways lol.But i bet the catholic church dont murder me and my family....
You honestly dont see the difference?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Yes but you are talking about posting it on here ATS, No free speech here look at the T&C's.
If you want to say anything in real life go ahead do it but If I went to any religious place and started insulting their God/prophet/Monkey God I would expect a kicking.
I think religion is all hogwash TBH but seeing many people are religious (whatever thing they follow) I will try not to offend them but I will question them and try to understand them.
I have worked with Muslims for years now and I will tell you what they are decent human beings, at least they do not try to convert me and tell me I'am going to hell for not believing.

You say they see Jesus as a prophet too?
But its ok for them to see jesus in family guy?
But the second you put Mohammed in one..lock the door someone gonna die?

Explain that logic ?
please do. i am waiting

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Offensive yes..But at same time the lord works in mysterious ways lol.But i bet the catholic church dont murder me and my family....
You honestly dont see the difference?

I honestly do see the difference. The thing is, if you have respect for Muslims, why would you want to do it in the first place?

Personally, I don't find humor that knocks any religion acceptable, but that's just me.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I think you want to post it here, on ATS, because it's your comfort zone. You know there will be member's who'll think as you do, star and flag your thread. Grow some Cajones, post it off here, see how you handle the real world....

Better yet...don't do it. It's stupid....

Des

edit on 12-11-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

You need to do some research here.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I never said i was personally posting a picture.
If i was id done it already lol
I know T&C..

You do realize there is a conspiracy in religion section right?
If a conspiracy about how a religion has scared the world into being afraid to even post a cartoon of Mohamed isn't a conspiracy what is?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

You need to do some research here.

en.wikipedia.org...

Then explain in your word's ....
How is come it's ok to make fun of jesus...
But Mohamed = dead to you your family and your dog?

You didn't answer it

Why is one PROPHET ok to make fun of the other isn't?

Your the one on defense here so tell me.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

You are the one saying it is ok to make fun of Jesus not me, I'am not a Muslim and do not know why or if they see images of the prophet Jesus offensive but my guess is seeing that images of Jesus have been about before Islam I reckon they see it as ok.
But heck why don't you find a Muslim forum and ask them questions? they will answer better than I can.
Go on learn something today eh.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cry93
Why would you offend a religion of millions for a laugh? Tell a knock knock joke or something instead. It's easier that way.

And I agree. it will not end well.
edit on 12-11-2012 by cry93 because: (no reason given)

People do it every day is my point man.
But Mohamed is off the table why?
Just a question WHY..
No other religion get's off easy on jokes cartoons skits ect...NONE not even on here...Prove me wrong find me one offense picture of Mohamed!!!!
I bet i can find you jesus avatars with bedazzled t-shirts saying obama = love on em lol

So please explain how one is allowed to be put down made fun of..while one is off limit?

First off I am not a man.

Maybe something in your life only sees Mohamed as off the table. I don't see Abraham or Jesus jokes. Or even Mohamed jokes in my private circle but I know that they exist. I certainly don't see them prefaced by "a what would happen" idea. But that is besides the point. I see no point in insulting anyone's religious patriarch.

The remainder of your post makes no sense in my world. You are attempting to validate your foolishness by using a convenient whipping boy. What you really wanted to ask is "Why Is Mohamed Off the Table." I would have more respect for your position had you asked that question from jump. Why didn't you?

I've already given you an answer. I would never insult someone's religion for a cheap laugh. So it isn't about being off the table. It is about showing class and grace.

Btw had you started this thread with Abraham or Jesus my response would have been the same.

Again, tell a knock knock joke or something.
edit on 12-11-2012 by cry93 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join