It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Deluged with Secession Petitions from 20 States, Texas at 25,000 So Far

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Well, it looks like the Obama Administration will be forced to respond to these petitions.

How would Old Glory look with 30 stars instead of 50? As far-fetched as it may sound, the White House might soon be forced by its own rules to examine the question. Read more: dailycaller.com...

Article
edit on 11/12/12 by davcwebb because: (no reason given)

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Mon Nov 12 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Well I guess first Texas is going to have to be informed of this, because other than that article, I see no others out there talking about it. My mother's talking with my aunt who lives out there right now to see what she knows. I doubt it's official.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
These are civilian petitions. Not State initiated.....

Des

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Cool, all of their funds in SS and federal pensions will be forfeit. More for us citizens!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ctdannyd
Cool, all of their funds in SS and federal pensions will be forfeit. More for us citizens!

They will be anyway by the time I retire.

At least the SS stealing will stop.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ctdannyd

SS retirement, federal pensions, and state pensions pay out every day to millions of ex-pat americans all over the world.

I guess you'll just have to be happy with oobama phones and welfare.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I hope that my state succeeds from the union, this country is run by the corrupt elitists from the ground up.

one of my favorite quotes,
Democracy will soon degenerate into an anarchy, such an anarchy that every man will do what is right in his own eyes and no man's life or property or reputation or liberty will be secure, and every one of these will soon mould itself into a system of subordination of all the moral virtues and intellectual abilities, all the powers of wealth, beauty, wit and science, to the wanton pleasures, the capricious will, and the execrable cruelty of one or a very few.
John Adams, An Essay on Man's Lust for Power, 1763

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by davcwebb

like i said before, the feds are just trying to get a list of people to watch, when martial law is declared. im sure any name puled from this list will now be a security threat and terrorist.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Oh please, a bunch of cry babies angry over the election. The States aren't going to be doing anything.

If that did happen the more intelligent among us would just leave and let the brutes kill each other.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

hmm i think its a bit deeper than that, i think the election sealed the deal for those are not happy the way there government is run, i wish we could see what portion of voters to non voters signed the petition,(registered or not). i know that this is not over an election, before the election militia and anti government groups have been popping up every were more so than in previous years.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I think that may be what they are trying to do. Set up a place where people can go to be safe from what appears to be on the horizon.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Well the "people" had to learn somehow that they have no say, I think this is the perfect way to let them know. This could make every paper in the world, and get 1 million signatures, but will get no where, and I don't see that as a bad thing.

Not because it will be against the people, but this will be the easiest way to communicate that we have no rights, all at once.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
states shouldn't have to leave the union. if anything we should be looking into ways of clearing out the senate and house and replacing them with new state elected officials, then we tell the FED to get the hell out, you've been replaced. i think if people really know the level of chit heads they have elected, they would be up for new elections of (non rich) officials.

clean them all the fock out and start from scratch, it's the only way to save the pie. states should be looking at ways to work together, we have no reason to leave, we just need to boot the 300 pound gorillas out of D.C.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
Oh please, a bunch of cry babies angry over the election. The States aren't going to be doing anything.

If that did happen the more intelligent among us would just leave and let the brutes kill each other.

I realize these are just petitions on WH.gov website but have to say if a legislature takes this up and people vote for it in a given State then that State can and should sue Federal Government for seccesion peacefully.

Plenty of folks are getting fed up with having things crammed down their throat by the Federal Agencies, Federal Lawmaking, Executive Orders and Edicts. Stopping the usurpation of constitutional rights by a bloated out of control Federal System thats now beholden to the class of people who have no problem riding through life on money stolen from others hard work. Now that the producers are outnumbered by the consumers of Federal largesse its not brutal to strive to survive. Brutal is what happens every time power goes out or a hurricane happens in a large urban enviroment. Whens last time you heard of looting in podunk MS. LA, TX or FL after a disaster. Was it the "brutes" who maintained law and order? What excuse is offered in the so called civilized cities? See my point smarty! I take particular note of the intelligentsia in this country who helped bring this along in a major way that, if you are a member indicates its now ready to run after screwing up a great nation that had much promise as I grew up but now has no direction, goal or vision anymore. You're very own cynicism has hatched upon an entire society and is sooner or later to overtake you in its absulute devastating power.

In a few words, people are fed up and expressing it.

Whats not realized in your oh so intelligent words is the fact that if the US fails there will not be a safe place in this world - at least not for long. We'll see how smug things are then - good luck!

PS; read the siggy, it been there for five long years as I've felt the utter devastation of those who proclaim DEMOCRACY ruin what was a fine REPUBLIC.

edit on 12-11-2012 by Phoenix because: sp

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

Whats not realized in your oh so intelligent words is the fact that if the US fails there will not be a safe place in this world - at least not for long. We'll see how smug things are then - good luck!

Oh please, the world spun before the U.S. was formed and it will keep spinning even if it is gone.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Spin - yes, spin your way doubt it! the pendulum will swing first to the anarchy you and your type have brought about by policy and then when it swings it will remind you of Joe Stalin and those who first supported him and then became a target of his due to your threat to society.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I'm not so sure.... 20 states having petitions like this reflects very poorly on the president, not because he won the election and people are just mad, but because of his destruction of the economy (by willful negligence, or because he is inept at everything)..

His list of failures and crimes would take up an entire large 100 page website... I think that is why so many states are doing this, not election rage...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality

I'm not so sure.... 20 states having petitions like this reflects very poorly on the president, not because he won the election and people are just mad, but because of his destruction of the economy (by willful negligence, or because he is inept at everything)..

His list of failures and crimes would take up an entire large 100 page website... I think that is why so many states are doing this, not election rage...

Oh please. You act like Obama had anything to do with the enconomy crashing before he came into office. The economy is on the way up and seems to be getting some real traction, not that any President really has control of that. And the states are doing anything. People like you who seem to think Obama has 100 page list of failures and crimes that they get from nutty websites are the people who have created these petitions. They represent nobody beyond the nutter fringe. We saw the same sort of crap when Bush got a second term, nutters then and nutters now. It never ends.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Well now that we have their names, we should round them up and drop them in some remote area in antarctica! that way they will live by their own rules!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Let me guess they are all red states and are sore about the election.

imo this won't happen those petitions are for us to feel like we have a voice. Any meaningful petition would get the runaround and a polite lengthy reason why they can't do it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join