It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infamous NEOCON, Bill Kristol finally admits it. Libertarians a force to be reckoned with.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I know we don't like these mainstream folk too much but sometimes when they can no longer bite their tongue and vindicate your successes, you have no choice but to celebrate. But don't celebrate too much there is still more work to do.

All of the doubters and haters of the libertarian message, watch out, even a NEOCON who can't STAND Ron Paul, admits that the Libertarians will be a force to be reckoned with in the 2016 presidential race.

They know the Ron Paul message will live on in Rand Paul and it will change how the GOP thinks and works in 4 short years.

edit on 12-11-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
But I thought that the rise of the tea party was going to rejuvenate the republicans over the LAST four years. Yet they did not seem to make many in roads into it's Washington power structure. Why do you think this next four years will make any difference?

As far as the Ron Paul message moving into prominence through Rand seems nothing more than blind wishfulness to me. He seems as monochrome to me as does Romney. He was elected because of the initial tea party zeal and because of his name, nothing more.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I say we vote in fido the dog, that way the states can do there things with State Senator Jinxy the cat and Ruphous the turtle. We animals have ruled long enough, let the other animals have their turns, besides, we've just ruined everything as it is. /sarcasm off../

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Almost getting it but not quite there, lol. Actually I think young voters of today are way more informed then what their parents/grand-parents ever were in history.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Libertarians aren't ish.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Rand Paul and Ron Paul have a very similar message. Rand has a similar fiscal policy, a similar foreign policy, and is a big believer in state's rights. To compare him to Romney is naive. The guy has ideals, of which he stands up for in the Senate. Often times he has been the only person in the Senate to stand up and make points that won't score him political points. Like his father, no matter how unpopular, he says what he believes.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire
But I thought that the rise of the tea party was going to rejuvenate the republicans over the LAST four years. Yet they did not seem to make many in roads into it's Washington power structure. Why do you think this next four years will make any difference?

As far as the Ron Paul message moving into prominence through Rand seems nothing more than blind wishfulness to me. He seems as monochrome to me as does Romney. He was elected because of the initial tea party zeal and because of his name, nothing more.

Tea party was strong at first when they stuck to their principles (which was essentially Ron Paul's principles), then as it got watered down because of being co-opted, they have completely lost respect. Everybody knows this.

As far as Rand Paul, I'm going to disagree with you and leave you with this video of Rand Paul hitting a 96% favorability rating with this focus group. Oh so I guess it wasn't because of the tea party and his name. People actually like what he says.

Monochrome like Romney? Hardly.
Would Romney attack the TSA like Rand does?
Would Romney actively fight the federal reserve and the pentagon like Rand does?
Would Romney actively fight to stop foreign aid like Rand does?

Nope. They are two sides of COMPLETELY different coins.
edit on 12-11-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join