It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6.5 Alaska Earhquake, After Shocks Being Reported, Cleveland Volcano Emitting Ash

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
When i first saw this i was thinkin cleveland ohio lol....was like oh #! I have to go past there to get home

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
That earthquake didn't affect Cleveland volcano, since its very far from epicenter. Cleveland volcano has been erupting for months already, sending ash clouds frequently. I wonder how long Cleveland is going to erupt. It isn't very dangerous volcano, but very active one. It has been in orange state (watch state) since June.

Too bad its very remote, and clouds block the view most of time, so satellites don't help either. There is no seismic equipment, nor any other monitoring equipment.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by VikingWarlord

www.youtube.com...
I believe if the dream is somewhat accurate it could happen soon or not so soon. Anyway if I were living
there and that concerned I would try to move if I could. I'm not out of the woods..I live in a coastal area
and you never know what will happen here. It is kind of weird that the dreamer in the video smelled
sulphur coming from the area of the sea...I thought about the recent smell coming from perhaps
rotting fish of the salton sea..could it be, I wondered if this smell is a warning of sorts? It is difficult
to imagine a large land mass slipping into the sea but I'm sure it's happened before. I could understand
if nobody wanted to believe it could happen to Calif..

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Possible precursor to something big?? i mean, 'Yellowstone' kind of big??

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Exactly, i'm in Vancouver and although I haven't personally felt the shakes, I know a lot of people who did feel it, and there is this lingering eerie feeling that something is going to happen. I mean, granted we've been told about "The Big One" ever since I was in the first grade but it seems like the media is giving us hints. I even read one article in out local "24" news paper that "WHEN the big one hits, you can't say we didn't warn you" on an article about preparing a kit for a few days of survival, as well as quotes like "Experts say we're due anyday now.."

Ugh
I work downtown.... All I can imagine are thousands of massive shards of glass falling from the sky.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Heres a map of the Aleutians... the whole island chain is but one long string of volcanoes.

www.volcano.si.edu...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It is very concerning that the Puget Sound area is relatively calm with all the surrounding areas going off.

I live about 10 miles from a major fault line in Puget Sound...what would happen if a M9+ earthquake hit? Would all our houses in my area be destroyed?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
I think it would be interesting to compare seismic activity on the ring of fire over the last.....30ish years.
I dont remember ever in my short life so much activity in this area.

me either

the activity has been ramping up lately thats for sure!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kingster129

I live about 10 miles from a major fault line in Puget Sound...what would happen if a M9+ earthquake hit? Would all our houses in my area be destroyed?

What is your house made of? What does it sit on?
Rock, sand, landfill?
Also how deep the trembler and how long it shakes.

9+ as you put it is a rare thing indeed.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kingster129

My in laws lived in west Seattle...and if your house is anything like theirs(older, but really nice) it would be decimated!

Do not mean to be a doomer, but there were little eq building codes back in 1930- 50's.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

these are anthropologically caused eruptions from drilling oil - AG aka man/bear/pig

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by njl51

Salton Sea is a very volcanically active place. complete with hot springs, and tar pits.

that sulfur smell could have very well came up from there

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChesterJohn
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

these are anthropologically caused eruptions from drilling oil - AG aka man/bear/pig

Please tell me your joking...
That area, that mountain in particular is and has been active for a long time... There is no drilling there.. none.. nada.. its called the Ring of Fire, and plate tectonics... man has had nothing to do with this.

Grim

<< 1   >>

join