It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas reaches 25,000+ Signatures

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Tbh i hadent thought about that but the pieces fit in my eyes. But i only see the corruption come out from the onset of the FED.
JFK knew it and look what he got for his trouble.

Yup, the creation of the FED is when it became so apparent, but the corruption was there all along. Take the Homestead Act of 1862 ~ long before the federal reserve act was passed. Twice the amount of land sold to regular people through the HS act was given to the railroad barons and huge prime pieces of land were scooped up by wealthy speculators before the little people could scrape up enough money to buy their "fair share".

And when the people protested the result, guess what was blamed. Not enough staff and incompetence. But nothing was done to repair the damage and no one's head rolled. Does that ring any bells?

Big fat yes on JFK. He was the president and no one even knew about his silver certificates until it was too late for the people to back him on it. The media has always been our worst enemy.

Beyond that, they sent families into dangerous territories by giving land grants for homestead, like Oregon only 1 in 10 survived and then they found Grizzly's and Indians., hunger and starvation.

But once people had their land for some years the deeds were given to rich as favors and all those homes were not passed to the families that fought and died for them...this happened all over the states, politicians and rich were reallotted the land owned by the homesteaders.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Beyond that, they sent families into dangerous territories by giving land grants for homestead, like Oregon only 1 in 10 survived and then they found Grizzly's and Indians., hunger and starvation.

But once people had their land for some years the deeds were given to rich as favors and all those homes were not passed to the families that fought and died for them...this happened all over the states, politicians and rich were reallotted the land owned by the homesteaders.

Absolutely true. I usually refer to the settlers and miners and other pioneers as human bulldozers. Even the cavalry. Their purpose was to clear the land for the real owners who held the mortgages.

(faux pas ~ I should have said the real owners who hold title)

edit on 13-11-2012 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Oh, no doubt it wouldn't be allowed. Hell, wars are fought over this sorta thing. But, this WILL send a strong message to the Federal Government. And that is a good thing. People are getting fed up with them...and its about damn time.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by OpenMindCuriousMind

Originally posted by ltheghost
All this crying people are doing is just pathetic now. The election is over Romney lost and Obama is coming for your Jesus and all your guns. This is the highest level of stupidity I have ever witnessed. But what are supposed to expect from state that elects Rick Perry as their governor?

Way to stereotype. Oh, to you and everyone else trying to make it out like only those stupid rednecks from Texas would be into this, you might want to check into it first.

petitions.whitehouse.gov...

More than half the states in the U.S. have a petition going, Texas just has the most signatures.

Oh and we're up to 57,903 signatures.
edit on 13-11-2012 by OpenMindCuriousMind because: Fixed link.

Haven't read the whole thread but I am sure it has been mentioned, they are all doing this just to express their displeasure.
If all the US military alone that is in Tx including my pilot son, the place would already have a problem.They own homes and pay taxes there.

New York called a federal disaster before the storm even hit, for the help and $$. How would any state make it without the states like Ca with all the population paying taxes.

I guess a country like China could just come and fight one state at time and own them.

With all the debt we owe China. They already own us.
No need to invade, just ceasing in sending their products would be enough to bring this country to its knees.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
25,000 out of 25,000,000 is hardly worth a look

It only took 535 to ruin a country so don't be so sure took even less to go to war,run guns and every other dirty little secret out there.

If some think numbers matter they don't takes just a few in the right places.

On topic:

Awesome for TEXAS last state in the union with some brass

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Update Texas 76,960 signatures and a bunch of other states are right behind them.

Link

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Kuroodo

The phrase “Everything is BIGGER in Texas” is true because you have to have gigantic….uhmm……courage to even attempt something like this. I’m a proud Texan (born and raised) and I think this would be a fantastic idea given the corruption in DC.

There is no hope for this federal government. It’s time people took the power back!! If Texas pulls this off expect many other states to follow.

I'm one of those "lefty commies" that actually support you in this. And, no, I don't support you because I want to see Texas fail after getting its independence; I want to see it succeed and thrive as a peaceful ally.

I want to decentralize our government and Texas breaking off with two big middle fingers pointed at the rest of us would be a great start. Texas could be our Egypt and start something beautiful. I don't want to see the abolishment of the US but I'd certainly like to see the focus to be back state sovereignty. I'd like to see us operate more like the EU as we originally intended. I don't want to get a passport to visit Texas but I also don't want to be able to vote on laws that affect them and vice-versa.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Great so at what point are they going to get physical signatures from these folks?

It is not like they can take a computer printout with names to Washington you know.

So how long do you think it is going to take them to visit all those people to make it a legal document?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightWarrior11

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by OpenMindCuriousMind

Originally posted by ltheghost
All this crying people are doing is just pathetic now. The election is over Romney lost and Obama is coming for your Jesus and all your guns. This is the highest level of stupidity I have ever witnessed. But what are supposed to expect from state that elects Rick Perry as their governor?

Way to stereotype. Oh, to you and everyone else trying to make it out like only those stupid rednecks from Texas would be into this, you might want to check into it first.

petitions.whitehouse.gov...

More than half the states in the U.S. have a petition going, Texas just has the most signatures.

Oh and we're up to 57,903 signatures.
edit on 13-11-2012 by OpenMindCuriousMind because: Fixed link.

Haven't read the whole thread but I am sure it has been mentioned, they are all doing this just to express their displeasure.
If all the US military alone that is in Tx including my pilot son, the place would already have a problem.They own homes and pay taxes there.

New York called a federal disaster before the storm even hit, for the help and $$. How would any state make it without the states like Ca with all the population paying taxes.

I guess a country like China could just come and fight one state at time and own them.

With all the debt we owe China. They already own us.
No need to invade, just ceasing in sending their products would be enough to bring this country to its knees.

I am thinking if the individual states opted out of a union, they would not hold that debt as their own. After all the tax payers hand the money they work hard for to the US Gov. but they have no say so when that Government runs up dept and chooses a communist country to borrow from so why should they claim the debt or honor what the Gov. has sold them into?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I can tell just by the replies in this thread that if ANY state is successful in succeeding from the union there is going to be civil war.

The egos are just too big and well fed by willfull ignorance and the "My team is best" philosophy as well as the "iffn eww donnn lyke it, eww kan geet out" redneck philosophy make it a foregone conclusion that if this sort of thing ever actually gets some traction, neighbor will be pitted aganst neighbor and EVERYONE will think that THEY are on the winning side.

This "Nibiru" can't get here soon enough.
Please lord, wipe the slate clean.
I'll volunteer myself first.
edit on 13-11-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

Great so at what point are they going to get physical signatures from these folks?

It is not like they can take a computer printout with names to Washington you know.

So how long do you think it is going to take them to visit all those people to make it a legal document?

Well its not quite like that.

1) Needs enough E-signatures to bring it up for review, then have the state vote on it.

2) vote shall be counted and if in majority, the Federal Government should relinquish control.

3) As for a time frame, you know Washington maybe a couple years off......if people wait that long before acting.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I don't see why it would be a war, though. Nobody I've talked to feels it is a bad idea. The extreme left want them gone and the extreme right want to be gone. To me, this seems like it should be a mutually agreed-upon divorce and not some psycho locking his wife up in the basement for "her own good".

Most people I talk to think it's a fine idea. Then again, our own liberal states up in the Pacific Northwest have had our own dreams of secession so maybe we just sympathize.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

So that means I could add my signature and not even be from there. If they are sreios thaey could get people in Mexico to sign on as well. WOW Does anyone else see how this could go bad?
edit on 13-11-2012 by Grimpachi because:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

So that means I could add my signature and not even be from there. If they are sreios thaey could get people in Mexico to sign on as well. WOW Does anyone else see how this could go bad?

Again as i have stated before, they have computers with all the census data in there. They can easily reference the data and get the numbers.

Its not like two billion Mexicans signatures are going to be harmful they will just disregard their names on the list and move on.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Because of one very simple age old variable.

People are divided and are only going to be divided even more once this goes down IF it goes down.

Not only do you have other states that will inevitably follow Texas' lead but you have people IN those states who want no part of any of this but will be dragged along with it or be forced to move to a Union state.

We shall see.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

edit on 13-11-2012 by neo96 because: nevermind

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
how can any state secede without first paying off its share of the debt? 25,000 votes does not sound like much considering there are over 13 million registered voters in texas. www.sos.state.tx.us...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kuroodo
Well, they've passed the amount of signatures needed for it to get noticed.

The White House response awaits any time now....
Also i see some new states appearing.

Texas Secede Petition
edit on 12-11-2012 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-11-2012 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

Doesn't matter one bit. Secession is illegal. Even if it wasn't, if there was even 1% of the population that didn't want to secede then secession would be a travesty.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The petition seems to be corrupted with other states signing so that count actually is corrupt.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I was suggesting they would be a little smarter than that like maybe using the names and addresses out of a phone book or just looking up the information online I wasn’t suggesting they uses their own names.

Texas succeeding would be great for Mexico I think they would be all for it.

If my I remember my history correctly Texas is the only state that has the right to do so. The talk about other states joining is nothing more than talk and if they were to try it would be trigger an internal war.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join