It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas reaches 25,000+ Signatures

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Kuroodo

GO TEXAS!!!

I've been there a few times but can't say I would miss it.

GO TEXAS!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
People that have never been to a Major city in Texas always have the same lame stereotypical opinions about Texas. So much for denying ignorance, but ok.

Btw, the news station in my town did report on the petition of 22 states last night.
At the end of the report, the chick said its "not likely" to happen but she can't say it'll "never" happen.

Something that im noticing in all of these secession threads are that some people here think its solely about Obama winning. Yet the reasons have been stated over and over again and no one has stepped up to refute those reasons, they're just picking the easy argument. So what if some people don't like Obama; the petitions that are up have a handful of other valid points and yet everyone that is "against" it seem to just ignore "that stuff". They want to cuddle up with the NDAA, Sopa, FEMA, And all the # that violates the constitution. But oh no, let's not talk about that, let's just focus on the point that people are mad Obama got reelected. Yeah that's the only arguing point they keep using and it's Weak! It's like they don't read at all. It's like they forget about all the corruption that's discussed here on a daily basis. Instead of taking an "idea" and adding to it or suggesting something progressive (w/o the sarcasm), they just outright deny any possibility of anything being able to work and tout off their opinions while forgetting they are discontent with the state of affairs in the first place, but it's ok to forget about all that if it means making a point against your fellow American that realizes the gov needs to put back in its proper place.

But hey, like I said before, let's just do nothing, let's just try nothing, let's not try to grow from a idea. Let's just keep letting the gov do whatever it is they please in little bits and pieces like they always have. Let's just be good little sheeple and act like its all ok.

Baaaaaahhhh, yum!

edit on 13-11-2012 by LightWarrior11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Tbh i hadent thought about that but the pieces fit in my eyes. But i only see the corruption come out from the onset of the FED.
JFK knew it and look what he got for his trouble.

Yup, the creation of the FED is when it became so apparent, but the corruption was there all along. Take the Homestead Act of 1862 ~ long before the federal reserve act was passed. Twice the amount of land sold to regular people through the HS act was given to the railroad barons and huge prime pieces of land were scooped up by wealthy speculators before the little people could scrape up enough money to buy their "fair share".

And when the people protested the result, guess what was blamed. Not enough staff and incompetence. But nothing was done to repair the damage and no one's head rolled. Does that ring any bells?

Big fat yes on JFK. He was the president and no one even knew about his silver certificates until it was too late for the people to back him on it. The media has always been our worst enemy.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Buried at the bottom of all the seceding petitions is this one.

Send the President to Meet a Dying 8 Year Old in St. Louis

Kyra Root, an 8 year old with Osteosarcoma, is dying. She has a Bucket List. On that list is "Meet the President".

It really makes the others petitions, which most people know will result in nothing significant happening, a bit silly.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by Juggernog

So you're from Texas and you hate Obama, correct? And you back this secession proposal? So let me ask you this, did you really feel that the US was much better off during the 8 years Bush was in office? Being a moderate I love looking at both sides freak out whenever a democrat or republican takes office... I just don't understand how you Texas folks can support Bush and the things he did, but throw a temper-tantrum about Obama...

There are plenty of us Texas folks who didn't support Bush, and who DO support Obama.

Yes, Republicans currently have a stronghold on Texas for the time being, but with the growing Hispanic vote, that may change by 2020.

texanpost.com...

Maybe this is why so many Republicans are now backtracking and trying to pander to the Hispanic/Latino vote...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
This thread is about so much more than the two major parties and their lies and corruption.
Its time to wake up and smell the coffee, this has been allowed to fester for so long they think they are untouchable.
Rightly so with most playing with their game consoles I-Things cellular devices and the likes of anything that can distract the populace from the truth in front of them.

Welcome the the 21st century in the USA, home to all the freedoms in the world...as long as you dont open your eyes.
edit on 13-11-2012 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

The signatures I saw contained less than 10% non-Texan signatures.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
A tiny percentage wants to leave the Union but wishful thinking by a minority of people do not make it so. They probably wanted to leave a long time ago. Heck I know many people from the south who still want to leave because they lost the Civil war.
edit on 13-11-2012 by Helmkat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Kuroodo

These morons should be asked to leave the country and be sent to an under developed country. They can write us and tell us how awesome it is in the third world country they are sent to.

I sure don't want them here weakening the United States with their self-entitled ideologies and rhetoric.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I sure don't want them here weakening the United States with their self-entitled ideologies and rhetoric.

Like the same self entitled ideology you are using to make your point?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Easy there psycho, we don't want to get your panties in a bunch... Deep Breath and repeat... A Texas folk calling someone a name, I'm shocked....

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by KoolerKing

ya, you and the rest of ya might want to count your chickens. oh... ya ..., guess you already have. Glad to hear your all in the "Know". keep it up tiger!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

exactly!!!
well put

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpenMindCuriousMind

Originally posted by ltheghost
All this crying people are doing is just pathetic now. The election is over Romney lost and Obama is coming for your Jesus and all your guns. This is the highest level of stupidity I have ever witnessed. But what are supposed to expect from state that elects Rick Perry as their governor?

Way to stereotype. Oh, to you and everyone else trying to make it out like only those stupid rednecks from Texas would be into this, you might want to check into it first.

petitions.whitehouse.gov...

More than half the states in the U.S. have a petition going, Texas just has the most signatures.

Oh and we're up to 57,903 signatures.
edit on 13-11-2012 by OpenMindCuriousMind because: Fixed link.

Haven't read the whole thread but I am sure it has been mentioned, they are all doing this just to express their displeasure.
If all the US military alone that is in Tx including my pilot son, the place would already have a problem.They own homes and pay taxes there.

New York called a federal disaster before the storm even hit, for the help and $$. How would any state make it without the states like Ca with all the population paying taxes.

I guess a country like China could just come and fight one state at time and own them.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightWarrior11
People that have never been to a Major city in Texas always have the same lame stereotypical opinions about Texas. So much for denying ignorance, but ok.

Btw, the news station in my town did report on the petition of 22 states last night.
At the end of the report, the chick said its "not likely" to happen but she can't say it'll "never" happen.

Something that im noticing in all of these secession threads are that some people here think its solely about Obama winning. Yet the reasons have been stated over and over again and no one has stepped up to refute those reasons, they're just picking the easy argument. So what if some people don't like Obama; the petitions that are up have a handful of other valid points and yet everyone that is "against" it seem to just ignore "that stuff". They want to cuddle up with the NDAA, Sopa, FEMA, And all the # that violates the constitution. But oh no, let's not talk about that, let's just focus on the point that people are mad Obama got reelected. Yeah that's the only arguing point they keep using and it's Weak! It's like they don't read at all. It's like they forget about all the corruption that's discussed here on a daily basis. Instead of taking an "idea" and adding to it or suggesting something progressive (w/o the sarcasm), they just outright deny any possibility of anything being able to work and tout off their opinions while forgetting they are discontent with the state of affairs in the first place, but it's ok to forget about all that if it means making a point against your fellow American that realizes the gov needs to put back in its proper place.

But hey, like I said before, let's just do nothing, let's just try nothing, let's not try to grow from a idea. Let's just keep letting the gov do whatever it is they please in little bits and pieces like they always have. Let's just be good little sheeple and act like its all ok.

Baaaaaahhhh, yum!

edit on 13-11-2012 by LightWarrior11 because: (no reason given)

Sounds reasonable to me. The states remove themselves from the USA and become USSomething else and let Washington DC sit there with no states but DC to rule over with their unfair taxation, IRS which is illegal, stupid pitiful rules for people starting business, and Homeland SS all the others you listed!

I would love to see Boner I mean Boehner and Obama sitting there looking at each other with no power and nothing to argue over. Maybe they would try to drag foreign army's over to fight their own and get their power back.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
And Lady Gaga videos get 25 million plus hits. I'm not impressed.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta

Like the same self entitled ideology you are using to make your point?

Honestly if we just stop and think I am sure most Americans have pretty much the same

ideology's

We do all agree the corruption has become overwhelming from the Supreme court to the city cops. Now with the new papers the Obama signed a authority in your own city will be given all the power of Homeland security and be able to take anyone of us away with out a trial to be help or tortured at will.

They have been upholding laws in the last years that have allowed simple homeowners homes to be just snatched away because they can hand you land to anyone who pays more tax on your property.

I would hope a new US of Something would also make a no taxation law on any home paid for after so many years so the old can retire and not have their home stolen for taxes after they are frail and have not enough income to pay the tax as has happened over and over. Some seniors have lost their homes to back tax of only hundreds of dollars but they could not pay.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Kuroodo

The phrase “Everything is BIGGER in Texas” is true because you have to have gigantic….uhmm……courage to even attempt something like this. I’m a proud Texan (born and raised) and I think this would be a fantastic idea given the corruption in DC.

There is no hope for this federal government. It’s time people took the power back!! If Texas pulls this off expect many other states to follow.

Georgia - GA Petition
Tennessee - TN Petition
Florida - FL Petition
Texas - TX Petition
Alabama - AL Petition
Louisiana - LA Petition
North Carolina - NC Petition
South Carolina - SC Petition

These States look like they are ready to join together... Is the South Rising again?
edit on 11/13/2012 by Shdak because: Added Links

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

They have been upholding laws in the last years that have allowed simple homeowners homes to be just snatched away because they can hand you land to anyone who pays more tax on your property.

I would hope a new US of Something would also make a no taxation law on any home paid for after so many years so the old can retire and not have their home stolen for taxes after they are frail and have not enough income to pay the tax as has happened over and over. Some seniors have lost their homes to back tax of only hundreds of dollars but they could not pay.

I agree, my parents lost their home after 30 years of working their asses off for what they had, paid in full.
for $1,200 back taxes.

The home has been empty five years now since the city claimed ownership.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join