learn more

Texas reaches 25,000+ Signatures

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

you forget....we triumphed against our oppressors before and succeeded. Their is serious need for this to be addressed.
The current administration is hell bent on creating welfare dependent states. The Administration has made no attempt to bring back our jobs, and every day big brother dictates what we need and what we dont.

Our voice is muffled by the millions of unemployed welfare dependent non voters that want to leach off the system.....falling prey to the administration. We are not being heard, we have no equal representation this day in age.

I am one that has a say and i will fight for what i believe in. I will never bow the this oppressive establishment!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
you couldn't pay me to live in texas....the reasons are too numerous, it would fill a book. and the south in general?...it's like stepping back in time...let's just say...get used to seeing 20, 30, 40 foot erected crosses in various parts of the south, as a common backdrop to the landscape.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Yeah because the sensationalism brings numbers, numbers bring advertising revenue, its all about $$.

If enough people sign the petitions the administration will have to address the issues at hand.
Do you believe that if nothing comes of this people are going to just forget?

The more people are ignored the more the tension builds.....more and more people are waking up to the manipulation.

I personally know twenty signatures on my states petition.
sure this is a vent of sorts, but its a lot more.....its the voice of the people tired of being ignored....
edit on 13-11-2012 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Maybe that's true, but the same could be said of the whole Occupy situation. Did it accomplish anything? Not really. The MSM has moved on to the next thing, and the govt. did nothing.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Occupy didnt get anything accomplished because they are the 1% and thats not a drop in the bucket......but the numbers are growing every day. more are being born less are dying.....growth rate is unsustainable without jobs and a good support system to fall back on.

The real problem is that the bureaucrats of old are long gone. doing the job that needed to be dont for no compensation.
They all have a hand out for $$$ for their time all the while they make under the table deals for outsourcing and any other thing they can do to save a company a few cents.

Think about it like this....the politicians get paid to represent the voice of the elite. they send jobs away to nations with no minimum wage....the prices for products remain high while people have no jobs to buy the Chinese crap they have to replace every month......but we rolled back prices 12 cents for you.

This country is falling apart at the seams and anyone with half an eye can see this.

Btw little....love the pow pow kitty avatar!
edit on 13-11-2012 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by KonigKaos
Awesome news as this is also being reported on news channels

I would love to see this happen honestly, lets see what will come of it.

Texas was once its own nation republic of Texas

They can function on there own.

Can you show me a link where this is being covered on news? I am not questioning you I just cannot find it.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I don't disagree with you. Anyone elected into office usually starts out with good intentions but is always quickly corrupted by all the freebies lavished on them by the lobbyists. I believe the only way to change anything is to set strict term limits and to make accepting anything from lobbyists a federal crime with mandatory sentencing.

Off topic- thanks for complimenting the kitty!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

The current administration is hell bent on creating welfare dependent states. The Administration has made no attempt to bring back our jobs, and every day big brother dictates what we need and what we dont.

How exactly is a president supposed to undo the welfare state that was created by congress in 1913 and has been growing like topsy ever since? The people have been dependent on federal reserve dollars (a private for profit monopoly money machine) for a hundred years and you want one man to fix it all in four ~ without the backing of the people or of congress?

The welfare state, as you call it, is the brainchild of international corporatists and that's who lobbied to off shore the jobs and make you even MORE dependent. No candidate that is not willing to play their monopoly game will ever get his name on a ballot, much less be elected. If you want to blame a president for the jobs fiasco, harken back to Clinton and NAFTA.

But as long as YOU / WE are willing to play their game (USE that money), we are as complicit as the president. He can't just stop using their money either unless he wants to end up as dead as JFK.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

you couldn't pay me to live in texas....the reasons are too numerous, it would fill a book. and the south in general?...it's like stepping back in time...let's just say...get used to seeing 20, 30, 40 foot erected crosses in various parts of the south, as a common backdrop to the landscape.

There is a racist in the White House making huge policy changes that affect all of us so why are you worried about a couple of harmless drunk rednecks in the south?

By the way....I've never seen the KKK or anything like it and I've lived in the south for most of my life. It's no more prevalent in the south than the north.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Dear secessioinists,

You are a widely scattered group. Perhaps your sentiments would be taken more seriously if you simply renounce your citizenship; then you could have a diaspora like Gypsies/Travellers, or Jews! Make your own "diasporic constitution", and carry on.

Or, are you all going to move one place to live together??? It'd have to be a big place...say, Texas? That would be a hoot! All of you, from all those states, who want out, so you can high-five and flip off the American government. Go! It's the American Dream! Either way, as a diaspora of no-longer-Americans with no "homeland", or a collection of no-longer-Americans living in the same area, makes no difference. You'd have to put up with each other, and be on your own. A tiny little country on this planet.

How many tiny little countries are there on this planet? Lots. Go! Do it! A grand experiment, just like when the Pilgrims came over under the dreamy vision of William Penn!!
And, hey, we can yank citizenship from felons and cheats, and send them to you! Yes!

Not one of you will have ANY of the rights or privileges that American citizens now have. You ready?

Here's what you can expect:
Renouncing Your Citizenship: Madness or Sanity? from Forbes mag, back in the spring.

If you don’t like it, go somewhere else! With all of the options available to you, why settle for subpar service? That’s great advice when you’re evaluating where to eat dinner, but does that same advice hold true for your citizenship?

That's effectively what you're asking for, right? "I want out!"
Keep reading:

Not Tax-Friendly

According to experts, the United States is getting far less tax-friendly as the country finds itself in serious economic trouble. U.S. taxes are almost sure to rise in the coming years and with the political climate favoring taxing the wealthy even more, the nations wealthy are finding it more advantageous to take their family, and their money, elsewhere.Before you consider renouncing your citizenship and moving out of the country, you’ll probably want to earn your way out of the 99%. Some countries don’t make it easy for you to move in. One Caribbean island requires that you purchase a home of at least $400,000 or make a minimum contribution of $250,000 to a public charity. Italy, as well as other nations, make it easier to become a resident, but the cost of moving out of the United States will be high.

But wait, there's MORE!

Exit Tax

If you were to liquidate every investment you have today, what would you owe the IRS? Even the median income earning citizen may have a 401(k) of six figures or more. In order to renounce your citizenship, you have to pay an exit tax equal to the taxes you would owe on all of your investments.

and, and.....are you taking your whole family with you?

Don’t Expect to Come Back
If you’re hoping to become an official citizen of another country, but still spend the majority of your time in the United States, that probably won’t work. In order to come back, you’ll likely need a visa and that will likely give you a maximum of 120 days in the country. If you’re found to be acting as a resident instead of visitor, expect that visa to be revoked.

Your Family’s Tax Bill
In the eyes of the IRS, once you renounce your citizenship, the IRS treats you as if you passed away. If you leave family or friends any money, they will have to pay tax equal to the current estate tax rates. If you left a family member $10 million, the IRS will take $3.5 million of it in taxes.

The Bottom Line

Is it worth the hassle? People with a lot of assets, a love of another country and its culture, and a good attorney may find that renouncing their United States citizenship may have some advantages, but for most citizens moving abroad for financial reasons probably isn’t a practical or financially sound choice.

Think about it!!!
But, hey, you don't want to? You're mad as hell and you're not going to take it anymore? Okay then....
no one can make you think about it.
Just don't say you weren't warned.

And good luck!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

I agree with you post.....i dont want the president to do anything.....i want a new government.
I want one founded on the principal that they are there for the people.....and actually be there for us.
Not just dipping their hands in the pockets of the elitest global scum that has corrupted this once great nation.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
you couldn't pay me to live in texas...

Well, that's kind of a relief - we're getting too many Californians moving here as it is IMHO...

Seriously, though, Texas is getting filled up with people from other states, as our economy is better than most states. The metropolitan areas are very diverse, and getting more liberal everyday. Now if you're talking far west and far east Texas - yep, those areas are still pretty bad. I have driven through plenty of tiny West Texas towns that don't even have a grocery store, but they'll have six churches.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Cool, stay in stockton, we dont want you guys here anyway.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by jimmyx

There is a racist in the White House making huge policy changes that affect all of us so why are you worried about a couple of harmless drunk rednecks in the south?

By the way....I've never seen the KKK or anything like it and I've lived in the south for most of my life. It's no more prevalent in the south than the north.

the regular rednecks i do like, they tend to be honest, hard-working, decent, folk...it's the smilin', handshakin' southern politician, that tries to divide the rest of the the country into "us" and "them" by bringing up the civil war, those damn yankees, and commie liberals, that stink like flattened skunk on a country road.
edit on 13-11-2012 by jimmyx because: spell

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
reply to post by frazzle

I agree with you post.....i dont want the president to do anything.....i want a new government.
I want one founded on the principal that they are there for the people.....and actually be there for us.
Not just dipping their hands in the pockets of the elitest global scum that has corrupted this once great nation.

The only part of your post that I'm shaky on is the "once great nation" part. Yes, that's what we've been taught to believe, but America was set up to favor the elitists and it always has done exactly that. Most of the founding fathers were wealthy landowners of the old aristocracy who had little use for the "riff raff", as Alexander Hamilton put it, and they protected the upper crust's interests first when writing the rule of law. I know that's almost sacreligious for a lot of folks, but when you start digging into the real dirt of American history you'll soon discover its the truth. We the People, meant them, not us. That's what we need to know and understand if we ever DO get a chance to make a new government.

www.wepin.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

Cool, stay in stockton, we dont want you guys here anyway.

see, we can agree on something, that's a start anyway

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

We the People, meant them, not us. That's what we need to know and understand if we ever DO get a chance to make a new government.

Tbh i hadent thought about that but the pieces fit in my eyes. But i only see the corruption come out from the onset of the FED.
JFK knew it and look what he got for his trouble.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Kuroodo

I hope USA allows Texas to secede and then once their independent lets just attack them and take it back, just to f*** with them....

Angry Texas replies in 3.....2.....1....
edit on 13-11-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Yep, first time for everything I guess.
I dont know what stereotype you believe about Texas but Ive lived here all my life and have never met a klan member and have never seen a 20 foot cross.
Now, Louisiana is a different story, ive been there and there are people there that are openly and publicly racist. It really surprised me

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

So you're from Texas and you hate Obama, correct? And you back this secession proposal? So let me ask you this, did you really feel that the US was much better off during the 8 years Bush was in office? Being a moderate I love looking at both sides freak out whenever a democrat or republican takes office... I just don't understand how you Texas folks can support Bush and the things he did, but throw a temper-tantrum about Obama...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join