It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas reaches 25,000+ Signatures

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT

Originally posted by Just Chris
Now this should get interesting.

I've always thought Texas was surely large enough to be a country on it's own (along with Quebec in Canada for that matter!).

The situation in Texas vs. Quebec is not even remotely close to being the same thing.

Secession in the US has to do with people being fed up with the Fed.

Secession in Canada (Quebec) has to do with whiny, self-entitled nihilists, who only want to "leave" because they think the whole country should speak French and bow to them as the supreme controllers of the universe.

/.

As a Canadian I find this hilarious

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Oh look, the creator of this patetition is, if I am correct ...... (name) .... anywoo, If Texas succeddes from the Union, than we'll just bomb the crap out of it and invade it. Isn't it our way?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Why wouldnt your government let them leave I mean they try to get involved when other places tried to leave russia, seems their the willing type to let people got it alone??

/end sarcasm

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Scotland are having a vote on pretty much the same thing. I dont agree with it but the scottish people have the right to decide (im half scottish myself).

So surely a vote could be conducted in texas if they were truly serious about this and shouldnt that end the matter..?

All nations have a right to self determination.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightWarrior11

Originally posted by Red Cloak

Originally posted by MasterTemplar

Originally posted by Red Cloak
Wow, what a bunch of drooling retards those petition signers are. Talk about the perfect way to get yourself put into a government detention center.

I would like to see the government try to lock up the 100,000 or so people who have signed any of the petitions, surely people wouldn't stand idly by while that happened?
There is no way they could remove that many people with out people realising.

Breaking away from the USA illegally would be considered treason and a terrorist act, even under the Constitution. The actual current law, which is not the Constitution, the Patriot Act, would allow for all terrorists to be put into concentration camps.

The concentration camps are already built. The US government and military could do it in the blink of an eye, and would be within legal bounds (as the current US law stands) to do so.

The state of Texas supported Bush with a fervent fever while he implemented things like the Patriot Act and now they want to secede? Just now? If they wanted to secede, they should have done so before Bush implemented a de facto police state.

edit on 13-11-2012 by Red Cloak because: (no reason given)

I guess trying to secede or create a new government is a violation that must be acted upon, All those other laws and exec orders that violate that don't count. It is a-ok....according to them and that's ok with us..

The government only goes by the constitution when it's beneficial for them.

Sweet!

Yes.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Does anyone remember the last time this happened?

I think it was called "Civil War"!

The South lost.

If you want to go down that road more power to you. I think it would be smarter to give up your crazy religious fear-mongering and insatiable appetite for Armageddon and start realizing other issues are more important.

One major problem is the "Need" for war with Islamic nations because of the hatred between you! Grow up!

If the war with Islam is so important don't secede, just go over there and fight for your religious viewpoint and leave us out of it. We are trying to get corrupt politicians and government employees out of office and remove corporate influence in policy making. THOSE ARE IMPORTANT ISSUES.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Kuroodo

I bet that nothing will come of these petitions; especially considering that large chunks of the signatures are people not even from the named state. An allowance to secede also won't be granted because it's not the state legislature asking to leave the union, but rather people upset that the President won re-election.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Kuroodo

Hahahahah... Texas population: 25 million. Good look getting the majority to pass that, if there's one thing republicans love it's to take all the welfare and help they can get then complain about it, they aren't going anywhere. O yeah by the way, Obama won 40% of Texas's vote.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
1- The state of Texas has had nothing to do with this petition, it is merely individuals signing a petition they support. We could make a petition asking to never pay taxes again and get millions of signatures pretty sure nothing would happen.

2- A good amount of the signatures are from people outside of Texas. As has been pointed out many of these people outside of the state could be signing this because they don't like Texas.

3- As it stands at the point of this post, there are roughly 60,000 signatures, even if they were all Texans that is a small percentage of the total population.

4- This is not uncommon after presidential elections, do some research it happens every four years. Not to mention there has always been an active movement in Texas seeking secession, this is nothing new.

5- There has been polling done, the majority of Texans do not wish to leave the union.

In my opinion there are probably a couple groups of people involved in this most recent succession movement. The first group is that of die hards who have always felt this way, and this election is merely a platform to get their message out to more people. The second group of people who is actually the only reason we are talking about this, are those jumping on the bandwagon because its empowering and makes them feel like they are actually putting pressure on someone. This second group of people will disappear rather quickly, they just are not willing to see this through to conclusion. The last group of people are, the power brokers in these states, the ones that can actually make stuff like this a reality. I hate to break to it everyone getting off thinking about this possibly happening, but the elite are and will continue to benefit from the way our government works. They have no reason to want to break away from the current profit system. I have seen people breaking down the economies of their states and explaining how they could make it on their own. While this may be true one huge assumption is being made, the people running those big businesses would ever think of leaving the protection of the United States government. While the average citizen is struggling right now, big business and banksters have no problem with the way our current government is functioning. While you have attention whores like Donald Trump parading around like hes so upset, the majority of power brokers in the same class as him are silently reaping in the benefits of crony capitalism/ corporatism.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
These Whitehouse.gov petitions are not the way to go. If anything, all it is doing is letting the government know how much the states dislike the direction this country is headed, and it gives your personal information to the feds, which is why I refused to sign this particular one.

There is another petition that is on its own, not through the Whitehouse site, that is maybe worth more when it comes to being able to gain some steam: newrepublicoftexas.com...

Over 26,000 signatures so far through this particular petition.

Apparently, some 15 states have petitioned for secession since the November 6th election: Louisiana, Texas, Colorado, Kentucky, New Jersey, New York, Montana, North Dakota, Indiana, Mississippi, Alabama, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida and Oregon.

www.examiner.com...

It's not just a "southern" thing, it's a nation wide thing.

EDIT: Make that 20 states now. Add Michigan, Missouri, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Arkansas.
news.yahoo.com...
edit on 12-11-2012 by FissionSurplus because: More info to add

I didn't read that article you linked yet (on my way to work) but you do realize that anyone can make a petition on the White House website right? Even someone that doesn't live in any of the above mentioned states can still write a petition to have them secede....so I wouldn't take it as "official" by any means.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jcrockva

I agree with your post, and would like to add a bit further.

The fat cats are actually hoping that Texas will break away. With a breakaway state that foolishly say small govt and little social expenditure, it would the elites dream whereby their rapacious ways go unhindered by govt regulatory efforts or interference.

The foolish middle class and poor, long paid a pittance through texan oil wealth without the need for social expenditure, presumed that the gravy train will last. Fools! Oil will drop below $50/barrel as more and more nations are discovering oil deposits within their lands or nearby. They will have no need for oil imports anymore.

When that happens, grants to schools, hospitals, charity, etc will drop and texans will have to pay high taxes. But with the elites in control, the rich will get tax breaks while the rest pay up in full, become slaves under the policy of 'privatising profits while socializing debts'.

Then what? Flee to Mexico? Mexicans have long bad memories of the texans on how they treated immigrants.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by onecraftydude
Does anyone remember the last time this happened?

I think it was called "Civil War"!

The South lost.

If you want to go down that road more power to you. I think it would be smarter to give up your crazy religious fear-mongering and insatiable appetite for Armageddon and start realizing other issues are more important.

One major problem is the "Need" for war with Islamic nations because of the hatred between you! Grow up!

If the war with Islam is so important don't secede, just go over there and fight for your religious viewpoint and leave us out of it. We are trying to get corrupt politicians and government employees out of office and remove corporate influence in policy making. THOSE ARE IMPORTANT ISSUES.
Ummmmm............then why did you elect them back into office again? And it's not the ones that want the neverending war that would petition for secession anyways.....but rather, the ones that just want to be shed of what you just stated...

YouSir

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I have serious doubts about these petitions.
I signed all the ones that are states asking to succeed from the union.

Even if Obama says ok states......Vote, i highly doubt that any media will cover this and announce polling places.

If these states get enough signatures and goes to a vote, and we dont hear about it on cnn or the likes of then we
will all know how crooked the system is for sure.

This thing is gaining a lot of momentum just sit their and refresh the petition site, every few seconds there are more signatures.
edit on 13-11-2012 by shaneslaughta because: Once over twice

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
25,000 out of 25,000,000 is hardly worth a look

It's only been a day...

The Federal government is lying through it's teeth every single day. It's not just Obama, but all of them. Something needs to shake them up. I hope this does it.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I don't necessarily think secession is a good idea, or that it would ever actually happen (At least not as a result of "petitions" to the White House by random individuals). Obama isn't going to read these petitions and be like "Yeah, okay, you can secede based on what [will probably still be] a minority of the population thinks"

What I do think is that when the President get the paperwork on his desk saying that tens if not hundreds of thousands of Americans want to leave the Union because of him, with or without the backing of their respective states' legislative bodies, then if he's smart he is going to stop what he's doing and try to figure out what he can do to help appease these people.

Screaming that they want to secede may be just a way to blow off steam and let Obama know that they aren't happy with what he's doing and not a serious attempt to leave the Union. However it should be a wakeup call to those in office that people aren't happy and are ready to do something about it. To me this seems like the sort of thing that could lead to massive protests and people being removed or resigning from office, not entire states flipping DC the bird and going about their merry way. I could be wrong though. I live in SC and I have been joking for a few years now that we were going to secede again soon...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
This thing is gaining a lot of momentum just sit their and refresh the petition site, every few seconds there are more signatures.
edit on 13-11-2012 by shaneslaughta because: Once over twice

And you will see more votes. Don't be surprised if it even hit a BILLION. Yup..a Billion.

It's only an online poll, for pete's sake. ANYONE can vote, even enemies of USA, just to get americans fighting against americans. Knock! Knock! Wake up folks.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

It's only an online poll, for pete's sake. ANYONE can vote, even enemies of USA, just to get americans fighting against americans. Knock! Knock! Wake up folks.

yeah anyone can vote, but dont you think that they have a fancy computer system that can count and compare with the census data? im sure that they take that into consideration.

If nothing comes of it then i can say i tried and stood up for my beliefs.

At least this may be a slap in the face for the administration, i hope it hits a billion signatures.

You have to keep in mind, as the economy continues to crumble more and more will wake up.
Their are a lot more of us every day that see the light, sooner or later their will be enough to change the course of this country fate.

Petition.....Protest.....if all else fails REVOLT!
edit on 13-11-2012 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I am going to sign it now if I can. However, this will never work. No president would ever allow the Union to break up, unless the situation of the country drastically changes in the future. So much information can be learned simply by looking at what occurred around the time of the Civil War. So many of the arguments are the same, from both sides. And states' rights were something much more important to people back then than today, guaranteed. Nowadays it is all about the Federal government it seems.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

The real fight, if there is even a real need for one except by the loud vocal minority, is not 'standing up for your beliefs' using fakery and illusions of big numbers on an online petition where anyone can vote and heck! automatically re-vote every second.

It is through your elected legislatives, the representatives of your State, in the House. The Rule of Law must prevail, or only chaos will result, and worse, being manipulated by hidden others to circumvent the Rule of law by violence which will only ensure thousands of innocents slaughtered for nothing and all that the nation built up destroyed.

Wake up!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I think that some people are taking this too seriously. Online petitions=nothing except people who submitted their information being put on a watch list. Even if 100,000 people "signed" this petition the number is a mere "drop in the pan" compared to the population of Texas.

I am in Texas. I don't know anyone who has "signed" the petition. The news stations aren't reporting our state government petitioning the Feds, and the citizens have not been asked to officially vote on the issue. What it all comes down to is people trying to let off some steam and the MSM capitalizing on the sensationalism- just like they do anything else. Next week the media will have moved on to the latest sensation and we won't hear of this again until they run out of "filler" for the mass media consumers.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join