It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas reaches 25,000+ Signatures

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Texas almost 60 thousand.

THIRTY states now! Four (maybe more but four for sure) have duplicate petitions. THIRTY does not include the duplicates.

duplicates (second petitions for Missouri, New York, Georgia and Pennsylvania)

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Wyoming and Utah.

edit on 13/11/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Trustfund

yes

0.09737%
to be exact

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by liejunkie01

The reason I brought it up was to say if the people of Texas wanted to secede (won't happen any time soon), Texas could easily do it. The state also owns like 85% of this Nation's oil refineries. Texas is one of the few states that could actually pull it off.

And that is why I do not think the fed would allow it.

It is a national security crisis these days, to let that kins if oil refinery production just walk out the door.

I do not think they would allow it. We are in the middle east because of oil. Why would the fed let the oil in this country just say "screw you", and walk away.

But that is only my opinion.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
Texas almost 60 thousand.

THIRTY states now! Four (maybe more but four for sure) have duplicate petitions. THIRTY does not include the duplicates.

duplicates (second petitions for Missouri, New York, Georgia and Pennsylvania)

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Wyoming and Utah.

Well heck with all those states on the list they should just create a brand new union with secession ideals..just start with a clean slate of independence yet be unified..

Call it United Independence!!

America 2.0, The United States of SecondStates, or the United States of the Constituion

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Tiny, tiny percentage, nothing more than a small symbolic gesture, don't really blame them though.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by LightWarrior11

I agree completely. The whole bit-bang-and kaboodle needs to be rewritten from scratch. Thing is, you know WHO would be doing the writing and we'd end up with SOS

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Symbolic indeed!

It could be,

60,000 on the side of "we the people"

60,000 that probably won't back down and go to a FEMA camp.

60,000 with guns

I'd like to see it hit 100,000. I wonder if there is a way to extend the deadline so that it becomes more viral. And even If it still wouldn't happen, maybe 500,000. That'd be a show. Speculation is fun.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Ive lived in Texas forever and this nonsense comes up every few, years, its nothing but drama and will never happen.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

Yep, I saw that one too and immediately thought of that other ATS thread by otherpotato www.abovetopsecret.com...

and the whineys here (this thread) and the whineys here www.abovetopsecret.com...

All the whining about people who DID sign is rather silly because the ONLY thing people get from those petitions is an "answer", nothing more.
Example

After more than 12,000 people signed a petition in October 2011 asking if the U.S. government had contact with aliens, the White House issued an official statement via the White House Office of Science and Technology.The statement said that the White House has found no evidence that extraterrestrial life exists in the universe or that another life form has made contact with the planet Earth. According to spokesman Phil Larson: “In addition, there is no credible information to suggest that any evidence is being hidden from the public's eye.”

Everybody would have signed those under the Bush Administration as well ... but, that petition site is only a year old roughly and wasn't there during the Bush terms.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
So 25k to 30k of the 16/17+ million inhabitants have signed this petition?
How can anybody take this serious?
edit on 13-11-2012 by Subjective1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Wow, what a bunch of drooling retards those petition signers are. Talk about the perfect way to get yourself put into a government detention center.

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by liejunkie01

The reason I brought it up was to say if the people of Texas wanted to secede (won't happen any time soon), Texas could easily do it. The state also owns like 85% of this Nation's oil refineries. Texas is one of the few states that could actually pull it off.

Texas does not own the oil refineries. The elites of the world own them. A Texan nation would be a brutal military police state, something like Iraq under Saddam.

Anyone that thinks the people of Texas can secede and then take ownership of their oil and that the elites are going to let that happen is insane. They will bomb and invade just like they do to entire countries in the Mideast. And they won't think twice about killing millions of citizens, just like they do in the Mideast.
edit on 13-11-2012 by Red Cloak because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Red Cloak
Wow, what a bunch of drooling retards those petition signers are. Talk about the perfect way to get yourself put into a government detention center.

I would like to see the government try to lock up the 100,000 or so people who have signed any of the petitions, surely people wouldn't stand idly by while that happened?
There is no way they could remove that many people with out people realising.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasterTemplar

I would like to see the government try to lock up the 100,000 or so people who have signed any of the petitions, surely people wouldn't stand idly by while that happened?

Breaking away from the USA illegally would be considered treason and a terrorist act, even under the Constitution. The actual current law, which is not the Constitution, the Patriot Act, would allow for all terrorists to be put into concentration camps.

The concentration camps are already built. The US government and military could do it in the blink of an eye, and would be within legal bounds (as the current US law stands) to do so.

The state of Texas supported Bush with a fervent fever while he implemented things like the Patriot Act and now they want to secede? Just now? If they wanted to secede, they should have done so before Bush implemented a de facto police state.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz
population of texas is 25,674,681

quickfacts.census.gov...

this is 0.09737% of total population.

the crazies might number more.

Even crazies need attention.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by RecentlyAwaken

They don't have a say; if Texas wants to secede they may do so. It is not the authority or jurisdiction of the United States government to try and prevent them from doing so.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
you'd think that the only people who would have a say in this is the people in tx...
so, why are there so many who are from different areas of the country??
I could see if they were college students studying elsewhere, or maybe native born texans who are just temporarily relocated due to their jobs..
but if not, they shouldn't be counted.
I expect the final number to be lower than what they are saying it is.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasterTemplar

Breaking away from the USA illegally would be considered treason and a terrorist act, even under the Constitution. The actual current law, which is not the Constitution, the Patriot Act, would allow for all terrorists to be put into concentration camps.

The concentration camps are already built. The US government and military could do it in the blink of an eye, and would be within legal bounds (as the current US law stands) to do so.

The state of Texas supported Bush with a fervent fever while he implemented things like the Patriot Act and now they want to secede? Just now? If they wanted to secede, they should have done so before Bush implemented a de facto police state.

I guess trying to secede or create a new government is a violation that must be acted upon, All those other laws and exec orders that violate that don't count. It is a-ok....according to them and that's ok with us..

The government only goes by the constitution when it's beneficial for them.

Sweet!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
there's so many petitions for so many states...

why don't they all just have one petition to kick dc and the federal gov't out of the US??
hope they all know, any state that leaves, takes it's share of the debt with it!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris
Now this should get interesting.

I've always thought Texas was surely large enough to be a country on it's own (along with Quebec in Canada for that matter!).

The situation in Texas vs. Quebec is not even remotely close to being the same thing.

Secession in the US has to do with people being fed up with the Fed.

Secession in Canada (Quebec) has to do with whiny, self-entitled nihilists, who only want to "leave" because they think the whole country should speak French and bow to them as the supreme controllers of the universe.

/.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join