It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas reaches 25,000+ Signatures

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Kuroodo

Well here I can save them some time. The White House is going to say.....NO and get a life Texans. You guys keep on playing we will let Mexico finish what was started at the Alamo...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Anyone recall what Nostradamus predicted about the US splitting up? Or was that suppose to be an earth quake?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
All this crying people are doing is just pathetic now. The election is over Romney lost and Obama is coming for your Jesus and all your guns. This is the highest level of stupidity I have ever witnessed. But what are supposed to expect from state that elects Rick Perry as their governor?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Shaxuul

People who try to break up the United States can be considered terrorists. Our rights to freedom of speech have limitations. I was just reading the original interpretations of the constitutions and the bill of rights, there are some limitations as applied to cases like this. Even without guns, these people can be possibly viewed as terrorists. Maybe my interpretation is skewed but I don't think it is. People need to read more than just the Freedom of speech, they have to read the whole text and historical interpretations by the founding fathers..

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DirtyLiberalHippie

Where you expect us to go? Mexico? Screw that.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
You people crack me up.

To the poster that said Texas can hold off Mexico in its own.

You have the federal government helping you now, how is that working out?

What percentage of your population speaks Spanish again?

I used to live in Texas years ago. You already are another country....lol....you have to learn Spanish to go anywhere or purchase anything. Isn't it a question on job applications....lol

There is no way in the hell the Texas citizens can handle an all out assault by the Mexican military.

Don't kid yourselves, it is making you look foolish...lol

The federal government would never let it happen anyways. They would probably just come in and take the whole place over, regardless of what anyone says.............

Texas could handle itself ...lol....lmao.....isn't there a reason they joined the union in the first place?
edit on 12-11-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

They never elected to join the union
Texas actually renews its unionship every year.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink
The funny thing is that many of the signatures are from people in other states.

It's either "they support Texas seceding" or "please make Texas go away"

Even though a lot of people are signing from other states, petition stays up until Dec. 7 or 30 days, they will have hundreds of thousands of signatures by then, so I'm sure they'll have the necessary 25,000 from their own state. This all doesn't matter anyways, secession begins within the state in their legislatures, but this will get the recognition it needs and then maybe get some traction at the state house level.
edit on 12-11-2012 by Rezlooper because: misspelled word

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Kuroodo

Be cute with their little army and all...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

They never elected to join the union
Texas actually renews its unionship every year.

Isn't that like a conundrum or something? Double standard( I can't think of the word I am looking for)...

I just don't know what to say to your reply.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ltheghost
All this crying people are doing is just pathetic now. The election is over Romney lost and Obama is coming for your Jesus and all your guns. This is the highest level of stupidity I have ever witnessed. But what are supposed to expect from state that elects Rick Perry as their governor?

Way to stereotype. Oh, to you and everyone else trying to make it out like only those stupid rednecks from Texas would be into this, you might want to check into it first.

petitions.whitehouse.gov...

More than half the states in the U.S. have a petition going, Texas just has the most signatures.

Oh and we're up to 57,903 signatures.
edit on 13-11-2012 by OpenMindCuriousMind because: Fixed link.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

No. It's actually quite simple. Originally, Texans never elected to join the union. However, they became part of the union anyways. And now, the state, not the people of Texas, renew their unionship yearly. I don't understand what was confusing in my remarks.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
population of texas is 25,674,681

quickfacts.census.gov...

this is 0.09737% of total population.

the crazies might number more.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

No. It's actually quite simple. Originally, Texans never elected to join the union. However, they became part of the union anyways. And now, the state, not the people of Texas, renew their unionship yearly. I don't understand what was confusing in my remarks.

Could you link me to some of that info?

I just read a whole bunch about Texas politics and I couldn't find anything that you stated.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Arkansas has one and I signed it. More as a form of protest than anything else but if it happens I'll be okay with that too. We are definitely a nation divided. Its sad when a few states with counties that have huge populations in intercity areas who don't live like I do are able to determine how I have to live.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Like a said in a another thread they can get a million signatures and guess what will change? NOTHING. The truth is people are to easy to conform and take the easy way out.

Dont get me wrong I love the founding fathers view of what this country should have been. Be we are so far away from that now we might as well right a new constitution. No one follows the old one anyway.

The people of this once great country have made themselves void with apathy and acceptance. We lost and we lost a long time ago. Until voters stop the two party system everything else is just a ironic joke.
edit on 13-11-2012 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
25k is not even 1% of Texas' population

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Nevermind, it doesn't matter
edit on 13-11-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

The reason I brought it up was to say if the people of Texas wanted to secede (won't happen any time soon), Texas could easily do it. The state also owns like 85% of this Nation's oil refineries. Texas is one of the few states that could actually pull it off.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join