Texas reaches 25,000+ Signatures

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

.1% of the population of texas on a online petition (who knows how many of those 25k are actually texans). This is not news or interesting. If it gets to a million people that would be interesting.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
It's never going to happen. And if it were, I would be moving to the nearest state not dumb enough to secede.

To those signing such a petition, if you don't want to be part of this country, no one is forcing you to stay.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
All the US has to do is to pull all bases out of Texas, confiscate all of it's assets there, and say bye. No more protecting the state or contributing to disaster funding, they are on their own. We also will treat their products as not US made. Pull out NASA and other programs there because we can't keep them secure anymore. I see no problem with this, if they want to go let them. They will need a passport to come to the USA as will all citizens going to Texas, I won't go there, I'll spend my money in the USA.

Just because they got 25K votes doesn't mean that all people there want to succeed from the USA either. It will be a nightmare, we will have to put border patrols between Texas and the USA and get rid of the patrols between Texas and Mexico. I see this as good having a riled up country that dislikes hispanics between us and Mexico. There will have to be laws governing imigration from Texas to the USA if that happens though, they won't have free rein of this country anymore. I say let them go and try it on themselves, if they get too bitchy and pushy as a neighbor, we can just carpet bomb their cities....Just kidding.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Wow another civil war coming up?
Nah 25k is not a lot of people and I bet most of em only signed it because they voted for the other guy...you know whats his name

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Kuroodo

As I've said on the 25 other threads on this topic, these petitions mean NOTHING. I agree with the sentiment of them, but this is not the way that a state secedes. All these petition signers are doing is putting their names on the white house website, and in turn they will probably be on a no fly list, as well as many other lists. Don't be surprised if these people are eventually accused of insurrection or sedition. These people should be presenting this petition to their respective state legislatures and Governors, not the white house.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by Kuroodo

Hmmm, if I were president of Mexico what would I do if Texas seceded from the union, with no protection FROM the union?

This could get interesting.

edit on 12-11-2012 by riverwild because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Do they need to have photo IDs to sign?

Just wondering

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I don't want to secede. But then again, does that mean we could have Ron Paul as our leader?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I guess I will need to dig out my passport to go to the Alamo !...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Let's see. You mean if Texas pulls out the USA will CONTINUE to treat them the way the Federal Government has since Obama lost the state in the last election? Remember Obama is from Chicago and he has been punishing Texas for their votes on the first election. Why should they expect any different treatment this time around?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Anyone remember John Titor?

He mentioned Civil War by 2005, but said this timeline could be off as much as 3%. Just hadn't seen it mentioned, make of it what ye will.

And when is ANY war civil?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonigKaos
Awesome news as this is also being reported on news channels

I would love to see this happen honestly, lets see what will come of it.

Texas was once its own nation republic of Texas

They can function on there own.

Texas, and the rest of the states, are still nations. When Texas joined the Union, they did not lose their nationhood.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Over the last two years, the federal government has purchased record amounts of: ammunition, long-term storable food, riot gear, crowd control mechanisms, portable guard towers, body bags, prisoner-type clothing, and we all know about the FEMA camps.

The pure, unadulterated hatred this administration has intentionally incited over the last 4 and a half years is unprecedented. Not since the civil war has this country been so divided on so many levels. Racially, economically, spiritually, partisanly, and even sexually. And now, with the 2012 election in our rear view mirror, the hate is escalating at an alarming pace.

And people are arming themselves at a level never before seen. All the gun manufacturers are posting 800, 900, and even 1300% increase in sales! Ammunition? Go to a gun show, if you have them in your area, and watch the people walking out with 2-3 cases at a time.

What? Do you really believe that this hate for one another is just going to disappear and be forgotten?

There's no way. Politics transcends just about everything, including family, and people hold grudges.

There is only one thing that can save our country now. And that is a common enemy.

Remember the weeks after 9/11? George Bush had a 92% approval rating... because we had a common enemy. Someone we could ALL hate and turn our anger and frustration on. A great uniter, so to speak.

barack obama, (name left intentionally uncapitalized due to a lack of respect) and TPTB has made sure that we are one another's enemy. That we have been divided and subdivided into smaller, easily manageable groups.

Now it's time for them to turn up the heat even further. Massive lay-offs and firings. Businesses are closing left and right and the prices of all goods keep slowly creeping up. Gas, alcohol, food and even toilet paper.

Times are getting desperate and so is a big chunk of the american population. And in desperate times, even the meekest of individuals is suddenly capible of committing the most heinous of acts.

People have, and will continue to turn against one another.

If you can't see this coming, you're not paying attention. In fact, it's already here. Right now. Everyone is just waiting on someone to yell "GO!" And that's only a matter of time.

Multiculturalism is a dismal failure at best, and the more you try to force a group of people into accepting an ideology they reject, the more the hate will spread and endure.

My hope is some of the more conservative states initiate the process of secession, providing safe havens for both the left and the right to live their lives as they choose in their own particular countries.

In other words, "I don't like you and you don't like me, so maybe we shouldn't be roommates."

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
just like hunger games they are going to separate the U.S into districts i read on my local Freemason site that they have over a million members in the U.S alone and they only needed 25,000 signatures

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jerk_Idiot
reply to post by rickymouse

Let's see. You mean if Texas pulls out the USA will CONTINUE to treat them the way the Federal Government has since Obama lost the state in the last election? Remember Obama is from Chicago and he has been punishing Texas for their votes on the first election. Why should they expect any different treatment this time around?

Texas has been punished by Obama? I think Perry and the state legislature punishes us enough without Obama's help. They are determined to send Texas literacy back to the stone age.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
For all the Texas citizens who signed the "Secede Texas!" petition: You will be among the first inhabitants of the FEMA camp in Denton.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
This is definitely a very interesting and amusing topic

I just want to point out that, since the Constitution is a contract signed by all fifty states, you can only break that contract if a majority of the states agree, at minimum. Texas can't leave the USA unless a majority of the other states agree. It may be even worse: you probably need a constitutional amendment, which is even harder to achieve. (Two thirds of the Federal government and three-fourths of all the states.)

The Eleventh Amendment of the Constitution prohibits the the citizens of one state from suing the government of another state. Yeah. It's not an amendment that most people pay attention to, but directly applies here.

Finally, if you think things are bad for Texans right now, you don't know how bad things could be once the Federal Government isn't there to protect the citizenry from a belligerent, radical-right wing government. Think executions, torture, atrocity beyond anything you might expect. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. I am not saying that would happen, but I think it might swing that way in a short period of time.

It is all crazy anyway.Texas is an amazing state. It has amazing people, perhaps smarter than the average state. So I regard this petition as just a sick joke, or perhaps a philosophical test. Interesting, but not to be taken seriously. I will be interested in seeing what the response may be, like everyone else here.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
American Spring?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Q33323

So that's why they are building all those camps. Homegrown terrorists popping up all over the place. Those Texans would be putting their Senators out of work also along with many other federal employees in Texas. I doubt if the business leaders in Texas would like this move of these petitioners, they could lose a lot of money if Texas became independent. Texans would expect them to pay high taxes to support their cause.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by Q33323

So that's why they are building all those camps. Homegrown terrorists popping up all over the place. Those Texans would be putting their Senators out of work also along with many other federal employees in Texas. I doubt if the business leaders in Texas would like this move of these petitioners, they could lose a lot of money if Texas became independent. Texans would expect them to pay high taxes to support their cause.

Yep yep, anyone who practices the 2nd amendment to defend themselves is a "homegrown terrorist."

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join