It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas reaches 25,000+ Signatures

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Kuroodo

Hmmm, if I were president of Mexico what would I do if Texas seceded from the union, with no protection FROM the union?

This could get interesting.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
These Whitehouse.gov petitions are not the way to go. If anything, all it is doing is letting the government know how much the states dislike the direction this country is headed, and it gives your personal information to the feds, which is why I refused to sign this particular one.

There is another petition that is on its own, not through the Whitehouse site, that is maybe worth more when it comes to being able to gain some steam: newrepublicoftexas.com...

Over 26,000 signatures so far through this particular petition.

Apparently, some 15 states have petitioned for secession since the November 6th election: Louisiana, Texas, Colorado, Kentucky, New Jersey, New York, Montana, North Dakota, Indiana, Mississippi, Alabama, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida and Oregon.

www.examiner.com...

It's not just a "southern" thing, it's a nation wide thing.

EDIT: Make that 20 states now. Add Michigan, Missouri, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Arkansas.
news.yahoo.com...
edit on 12-11-2012 by FissionSurplus because: More info to add

link   
WOW! You Yanks don't need terrorists to destroy your country, you're doing an awesome job of it all by yourselves. It'll be a sad day if this comes to pass...kinda like when the Scottish Nazi Party got control of the Scottish Parliament here in the not so United Kingdom.

Division seems to be all the rage nowadays. Reminds me of the whole divide and conquer thing... Am I the only person who thinks it's a bad idea?

Not trying to knock your post OP, this just makes me very sad.

Rev

link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Originally posted by RecentlyAwaken
reply to post by Kuroodo

Never happen....US Gov won't let it...no matter how many sign it.

I am thinking too...25,000+ signatures on a petition...does not speak for the whole state of Texas. I am sure there are many people in Texas that are against this state leaving the current government and forming their own.

Also...I think this will not be allowed to happen because if Texas succeeded; it just may catch on...and other states would follow.

Yes, as a Texan, I can tell you - most people in Texas (even the conservatives) who have a lick of sense don't want to secede. Ain't never gonna happen - nohow, noway.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Wait a minute! We, the U.S., owe trillions to other countries. So, Texas and Louisiana leave the union. Then California, Hawaii, Alaska, and ALL of the fifty states. Then, we all come back together as the Connected States of America.

What? We owe you how much? No, that was the United States. We're the Connected States.

edit on 11/12/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Wait a minute! We, the U.S., owe trillions to other countries. So, Texas and Louisiana leave the union. Then California, Hawaii, Alaska, and ALL of the fifty states. Then, we all come back together as the Connected States of America.

What? We owe you how much? No, that was the United States. We're the Connected States.

edit on 11/12/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

Nice try jiggerj.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Okay, I could see some disgruntled Republicans (and a few independents) from every state filing a petition. So, all 50 states are gonna secede?
Well, I guess that's one way of getting rid of the Federal Govt.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Texas have been trying this for a long time. I have friends who are Texas Nationalists. Texas has the means tp have a self sustaining economy. They have the Texas constitution which actually allows them to secede. And they have a pretty large standing military. They could easily do it. Texas is already the only state that can fly theory flag next to the American flag, not under it. They have the means, but do they have the will?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Interesting idea. I commented when this first came out that it will not fly. It's not by the "State" legislature...it's just average joe six packs blowing steam. Not going to happen and won't be taken seriously.

But...if it did happen. I think a lot of chest pounding, knuckle dragging, mouth breathers would be in for a big surprise. What happens when a Katrina hits you...or a Superstorm Sandy...or an earthquake or an F5 tornado plows across your newly founded "country"...who ya gonna cry to for help? Nearly none of the states could deal with that type of thing alone. But...if they wanna go for it...go. I'm pretty sure they will be looking to come back when some random shiz hits their proverbial fan....

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Actually, if this continues, perhaps all 50 states will petition to seceed, and go out together, leaving the District of Columbia (not a state) by itself to flounder in the mess it has created.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
..... And they have a pretty large standing military....

We have about 19,000 in the Army National Guard. The Federal military would pull out.

Now, Mexico has around 192,000 in it's military. So, if Mexico invades Texas without the protection of the United States, are we looking at another Alamo? It wouldn't be pretty.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
25,000 out of 25,000,000 is hardly worth a look

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Thank you for giving me a chuckle this afternoon.

Are we still to follow the original Republic of Texas ideas?

The nationalist faction, led by Lamar, advocated the continued independence of Texas, the expulsion of the Native Americans, and the expansion of Texas to the Pacific Ocean.

Republic of Texas

I have however been to the Republic of Texas embassy in London. So if we do secede perhaps we can join the Commonwealth,

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
25,000 out of 25,000,000 is hardly worth a look

lol... I was about to say... .1% of the population.

Lots of responders saying... "let them go" etc..

I live in a city of over 5,000,000 and Obama won the County by 2 votes.

Most of you don't know a damn thing about Texas or Texans.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

reply to post by Kuroodo

Hmmm, if I were president of Mexico what would I do if Texas seceded from the union, with no protection FROM the union?

Protection from the union..

hahahaha are you living in 1830? The Union WANTS ALL OF MEXICO TO COME IN!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth

reply to post by Kuroodo

As President of Mexico, I would want all that Texas oil !!!!

(side topic: Why doesn't Mexico have oceans of oil?)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
..... And they have a pretty large standing military....

We have about 19,000 in the Army National Guard. The Federal military would pull out.

Now, Mexico has around 192,000 in it's military. So, if Mexico invades Texas without the protection of the United States, are we looking at another Alamo? It wouldn't be pretty.

I don't remember the numbers but didn't it only take 300 texans to fend off thousands of Mexicans..ahahaha I mean talk about suck.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth

reply to post by Kuroodo

As President of Mexico, I would want all that Texas oil !!!!

(side topic: Why doesn't Mexico have oceans of oil?)

Oh please...

You can count on a million + armed Texans and country boys who know how to shoot a gun migrating in. Mexico makes enough money selling their drugs to the US Government.

Non-City dwelling southerners aren't like you northern city slickers, we own multiple guns, know how to shoot them, and we know how to be men. Something most northern sissy boys are scared of, they'd rather march around pushing gay rights and watching reality TV.

Mexico will never be a threat to Texas.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

i think if Mexico invaded Texas and Texas was independent from the union the feds would still help, they dont want mexico controlling that much more land and resources, also since there are so many guns in Texas i think they would be able to hold there own till help arrived. plus i believe people that are not the feds would come to aid teas. some people would help out of pure goodness to help there fellow man. others would pull the hick thing and say they took are jobs.....but the wont take are land. lol.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

Actually, if this continues, perhaps all 50 states will petition to seceed, and go out together, leaving the District of Columbia (not a state) by itself to flounder in the mess it has created.

While most people are jumping on the derp bandwagon, this would actually be ideal.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join