Texas reaches 25,000+ Signatures

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
The petitions means something if a massive amount of people would take off demanding it to happen.Not sure if it could but you never know.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
just heard today on the radio ..

Oregon is join the movement as well..

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I would call them chickens but actually chickens have a good sense of humor and their not SORE losers. Let them run like banished banshees, yea, that's better.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Kuroodo

it's a revolution!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Ummmm romney only got 48% of the popular vote... Obama got 50%. Your math is way off.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
If you go to the website now you can see Florida has 25,000+ signatures now as well.

I'm moving to Haiwaii it's warm, it's an island and they arent petitioning so far 42 states have open petitions on that website!

Source:
Petition for Florida to secede

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

I was referring to Texas, responding to his post. I suppose I should have said Texas in my post. Sometimes I get into my response and forget to make things perfectly clear to others reading what I wrote. Sorry for the confusion I caused.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I'm confused really as I thought that a government official from the state has to be the one to enter this kind of petition? Or can citizens do it as well? Because mostly all the petitions are regular citizens and I really don't know if people are correct in saying that that doesn't count.
edit on 14-11-2012 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

A statist confused as to whether a website headlined "CREATE A PETITION" allows one to create a petition
edit on 14-11-2012 by TopClass because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItCameFromOuterSpace
reply to post by Kuroodo

Too bad David Koresh isn't here to be king of New Texas.

No, but Ron Paul is. I would love to have someone who appreciates the constitution as my new leader.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TopClass

Oh weird, a confused statist confused as to whether a website headlined "CREATE A PETITION" allows one to create a petition.
edit on 14-11-2012 by TopClass because: (no reason given)

You pass sixth grade? that isn't what I was asking I was asking if it held any validity...meaning does it actually hold any water? You can create the damn thing don't mean s*** If there has to be a government official to make it valid, jesus H the stupidity of some people.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
The petitions means something if a massive amount of people would take off demanding it to happen.Not sure if it could but you never know.

As of 11/14/2012 @ 8AM EST

North Carolina – 25,000+
Texas – 90,000+
Georgia – 25,000+
Tennessee – 25,000+
Florida – 25,000+
Alabama – 25,000+
Louisiana – 30,000+

250,000+ total count just from these States

The voice of the people are starting to come out, people are tired of the BS... this is about the Constitution being turned inside out, NDAA, TSA, Homeland Security, Drones over America?, Government Corruption, etc; It's not about the election...Democrat or Republican nothing would have changed, it's the same BS and it's been that way for years. This is a result of people starting to wake up to what really going on within the system. They want REAL CHANGE, not a promise of change!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Does anyone else think these petitions by a small minority of people are a joke? I see that the attention a small percentage of the people are getting could cause a huge amount of chaos in our country. I understand that we have a right to do these things but I question the rationality of starting this chaos at this time. We need to pull together to heal this country, not tear ourselves apart. Look at the problems that occur when countries split apart for many years. This is not rational behavior that is forming in this country. I understand the protesting by Occupy America, at least that has a base that is sincere. All protests seem to get fired up people who somehow do irrational things. We don't need this happening at this time. I, for some reason, don't think the democrats would have started this seceding stuff if Romney would have won. There are too many radical followers in the Republican party, they don't understand that the elections and their campaigning are just Broadway productions. Congress also doesn't realize what they are causing to happen. Congressmen have to understand this type of twisted campaigning is going to backfire. Is it going to take another congressman or congress woman getting shot to get them to understand they are playing with fire and could get burned. We have a lot of people in this country that are a little off and take this drama personal. Congress did tone down their crap after that Senator got shot but they still are inciting way too much. Time to replace these kind of congressmen that are stirring things up in this country. This is becoming uncivilized.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

What's a valid petition?

I have a JD.

You may call me doctor.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TopClass

One that's filed by the Officials of the state as in the Governor or a senator or congressmen. From that state. This is what other posters has said that it isn't valid unless filed by an official (government) of that state.

CX

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I haven't read all the 14 pages of this thread yet, so i'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet but....

If prepping a few supplies and talking bad about the administration will get you put on the watch list, i wonder if wanting to have no part in the US will have the same effect?

Thats another 25,000 on the list....just in Texas.

CX.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

No petitions are a valid recourse for the fed gov as there's nothing a petition validates. One may be used to sway opinion and is more weighty coming from a more distinguished position, but at the end of the day it's just a show of favor paper with signatures.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Not sure how valid the source is but just ran across this article.

dailycaller.com...

That's a whole lot of people upset with the status quo, the times they are a changing.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kuroodo
Well, they've passed the amount of signatures needed for it to get noticed.

The White House response awaits any time now....
Also i see some new states appearing.

Texas Secede Petition
edit on 12-11-2012 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)
edit on 12-11-2012 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Nov 13 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

Wow.. White folks really hate Obama.. I'd love to see Racists secede from the US... maybe we can get things done then... Can the "N------RHead Ranch" that Rick Perry ran be the first place to secede?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Interesting times!

This subject comes around every so many years. However, this time, the way they went about it is brilliant, I think..

If you look at the FACTS, you will find that surprisling, this could work.

It all starts with Texas. It has maintained a balanced budget, has the 15th largest economy in the world, its larger than France and has a population 6xs grater than when we started THIS country. They have all the natural resourses they need as well as coastal property on the Gulf. IF they go for it, then the southeastern chunk of the country would have an ally and it would be in Texas's interest to allow them to join in. THEN that new country would have claim on the Gulf of Mexico as well as half the east coast. Not to mention, what foreign country would NOT back up the new country?

It would and could very well work.

As for those of you who say this is UnAmerican, I disagree. The founding fathers as well as our relatives who created and fought for our country left us the responsibility of keeping the government in check by this very process. It is written in the Declaration of Independence so dont take MY word for it. Freedom only lasts a generation. It is up to each generation thereafter to maintain or it will be taken away.

Debated signing this and talked to my husband about it last night, since Pres. Obama signed that small arms ban with the UN, we are signing. Yes, I know he said that he would not agree to them taking our guns or ability to sale within our boarders but the going in with the UN on this took that decision out of his hands. He can not allow it all he wants, but if 2/3s the UN says disarm American, then its on.

Will it happen, guess we will have to wait and see.
Interesting times we live in.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join