It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas reaches 25,000+ Signatures

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Well, they've passed the amount of signatures needed for it to get noticed.

The White House response awaits any time now....
Also i see some new states appearing.

Texas Secede Petition
edit on 12-11-2012 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Nov 13 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Awesome news as this is also being reported on news channels

I would love to see this happen honestly, lets see what will come of it.

Texas was once its own nation republic of Texas

They can function on there own.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonigKaos

I don't think it will happen in a blink of an eye.

The US won't just say "Kay bye Texas!".
They won't let them out without a fight. I sense an investigation is already undergoing. What ever the cause is, i sense alot of new events coming. Probably protests, riots, ....civil war?

If Texas does secede, i will be most happy to join them and help out make a new government that actually works with the motto "We The People"

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
If Texans want to withdraw from the US - should it contain 25,000 Texan signatures? Chances are if the White House does respond to the petition, this would be one of the first things they should point out. I strongly doubt this will gain much traction but if enough citizens want to go it alone - all the power to you!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Kuroodo

Never happen....US Gov won't let it...no matter how many sign it.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Now this should get interesting.

I've always thought Texas was surely large enough to be a country on it's own (along with Quebec in Canada for that matter!).

Let's presume they do manage to break free from the US, and then Louisiana follow suit as has become apparent, will the madness stop?

It's far more likely the White House will activate some clause to block utter chaos or perhaps even use more sinister forces?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

Never gonna happen.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I was born in Texas, so if they succeed in seceding, I'll be sure to "visit family" and forget to come back.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kuroodo

The phrase “Everything is BIGGER in Texas” is true because you have to have gigantic….uhmm……courage to even attempt something like this. I’m a proud Texan (born and raised) and I think this would be a fantastic idea given the corruption in DC.

There is no hope for this federal government. It’s time people took the power back!! If Texas pulls this off expect many other states to follow.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RecentlyAwaken
reply to post by Kuroodo

They don't have to let them.

When enough people realize that, it will happen.

I think its more of a 'when it happens' rather than a 'could it happen' situation.
edit on 12-11-2012 by cconn487 because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The funny thing is that many of the signatures are from people in other states.

It's either "they support Texas seceding" or "please make Texas go away"

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RecentlyAwaken
reply to post by Kuroodo

I am thinking too...25,000+ signatures on a petition...does not speak for the whole state of Texas. I am sure there are many people in Texas that are against this state leaving the current government and forming their own.

Also...I think this will not be allowed to happen because if Texas succeeded; it just may catch on...and other states would follow.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonigKaos

Texas = Oil so they will do fine. Texas could be the first to go fully Solar to maximize oil sales and harness the 300+ days of Sun Texas gets.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

I am thinking too...25,000+ signatures on a petition...does not speak for the whole state of Texas. I am sure there are many people in Texas that are against this state leaving the current government and forming their own.

Native Texan here. In no way does the petition speak for me.

I think you would find many Texans that supported Romney would choose their country over their state if they had to make a choice. Texans tend to be a patriotic group. American first, Texan second.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Guys, i've been looking at the petitions. I've noticed that some numbers are doubled and or skipped.

Like for example, there are two signatures that are #24,996
There is no signature #24,981 and many others.

Maybe its just a glitch in the site since so many people are all voting at once.

I also thought of this, what if somehow someone created a bot capable of signing these petitions?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I have also noticed that signature # 24,966 is by someone named Rex C

Last time i checked, Rex C was wanted by the FBI

Rex C WANTED

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
This could be interesting. Legally, you have the consitution and the 10th admendment. Everyone has different views on this.
The whitehouse will have to issue a response to any state that gets 25,000. What are they going to say. This could be pushed by the people that we have the right under the consitution to do this. So, they may want to think about what to say. What if it is constitutional and then what? Will they have to let the states vote?? Basically its up to the people, if the government upholds the constitution. I am aware that some states joined giving up these rights, while others did not and it still has the rightto secede, but it also says that one states right becomes all. Alot of legal crap is my point here.
We are only 3 days in...What will the count be at the end.
This could be interesting.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink
The funny thing is that many of the signatures are from people in other states.

It's either "they support Texas seceding" or "please make Texas go away"

Ha! I thought the same thing. I'd love to see the breakdown on which is which....

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kuroodo
Guys, i've been looking at the petitions. I've noticed that some numbers are doubled and or skipped.

Like for example, there are two signatures that are #24,996
There is no signature #24,981 and many others.

Maybe its just a glitch in the site since so many people are all voting at once.

I also thought of this, what if somehow someone created a bot capable of signing these petitions?

Well its not like it is binding or even a legit petition. Half the people signing are not from Texas. The sight is just a way to give people in the White House issues to look at that have support and could be taken care of with minimal effort. Stuff like sucession is more or less just a way for people who are mad about the election to have some fun with. And when you look at things like the US defence industry being the second largest sector of the Texan economy leaving the US lead to some very hard times in Texas.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join