It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rocket + camera + streaming footage + shot into Area 51 = ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
ardrone.parrot.com... I'd say for for it but the again I've done stupid thing at a test site in the uk which didn't go down too well

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
ardrone.parrot.com... I'd say for for it but the again I've done stupid thing at a test site in the uk which didn't go down too well

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SeriousIndividual

what do you think you could possibly see?

everything is tucked in a D.U.M.B.

Deep Underground Military Base

and since everyone has known about

this secret dreamland

it has been moved...

rumor has it to Arizona..

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I wouldn't believe Bob Lazar if he told me the sky was blue.

Ive got no doubt its a classified military experimental aircraft / missile test site. If your going to build classified military experimental aircraft / missiles it makes sense your going to need a secure place to test them. But UFO's? Well Id say that's strictly for the movies , sci-fi books and crazy people like Bob Lazar. Do you honestly think its going to look like the film Independence Day?

So you might see a few aircraft or some missiles that are not currently in production but by doing so you are compromising the security of your own country..nice work

edit on 12-11-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I would be afraid what the might shoot back!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The technology is definitely available. I'm one of those so called FPV (First Person View) RC model pilots.

There are people who have flown out 100km (200km round trip).

My personal record is 10km with ease. You can see my video here:

The plane has 1900mm wing span and its not visible in the sky after flying up 300-400m.

And the reason why it hasn't been done... probably because no one would like to participate in such an illegal activity. It would definitely ruin the hobby for many people.

Anyway enjoy the video :-)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by KetillRA

well even with the abilty for something to cary a camera in dosnt get past a good point raised earlier, frequency jamers that are more than likely in place. Cell phones dont work i doubt a remote will

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Shoot a rocket into Area 51? Uhh, yeah, 'cuz, they're not gonna see it on their radar and hunt you down AT ALL lol. Shooting ANY weapons -- let alone ROCKETS at a military facility -- is considered an act of terrorism.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
It's not a crazy idea at all, I'd be up for it.

All you need to do is park along Groom Lake Road or around the back on public property, fire one off out the back of your SUV and as you drive away (on public land), record the whole thing. It's quite easy to do, technically.

Or you could drive a low profile camo radio controlled car in there with a camera on, again streaming the footage so you can see where you're going.

Take your time, no rush, slow and safe and I bet you get quite close.

Yes, you won't get it back but the camo dudes won't see something so small so far away until you maybe hit the runway etc.

Worth a go I think

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

By all means carry out your idea but don't be surprised if your RC car or plane falls to the ground 15 feet inside the perimeter and you are never heard from again.

If the US government couldn't plan for and stop a simple RC vehicle from entering the perimeter of their most classified government installation then we wouldn't be speaking english today.

I would not recommend this plan, on the bad idea scale 9.9 out of 10, well done.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
How about a real weather balloon released up range at night and set with a night vision camera to look down on the base from some altitude that just gets a good pan of it, then put it on YouTube. You'll go to jail and the video would get pulled but...

Nobody ever got a shot like that before.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeriousIndividual
Is it truly not possible in terms of mechanics or has the fear of arrest and prosecution deterred even the most psychotic out there? I'm no expert, but it just seems by now someone would have accomplished doing this.

They may have.
Of course, there probably wasn't anything left to arrest after countermeasures were employed.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Yea let us know how that turns out for you, from Federal Prision

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Why is it that I say the rich should be taxed and my post is removed and I lose points, yet this guy is planning to shoot a rocket into Area 51 with a $10,000 rocket to grab a picture of the complex and his post rides-I'm just saying. Can't you do that on Google Earth for free, and without getting labeled as a terrorist?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bphi1908
reply to post by minkey53

By all means carry out your idea but don't be surprised if your RC car or plane falls to the ground 15 feet inside the perimeter and you are never heard from again.

If the US government couldn't plan for and stop a simple RC vehicle from entering the perimeter of their most classified government installation then we wouldn't be speaking english today.

I would not recommend this plan, on the bad idea scale 9.9 out of 10, well done.

I would hate to say it, but any smart group of people would've already made a new and more secret Area 51 somewhere else where we all don't know about it. And, by the time you find that one they already built and destroyed 4 other complexes...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
"Area 51" is nothing more than a few labs, and offices on the top levels. Aeronautical misc. Why would you want to see any of that? All the cool, expensive stuff is further along the tunnels. 2-3 miles out. /honest

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The problem with your scheme is it lacks "loiter" time. The target picks the time to do a test, so all you can do it wait. With a rocket, you can't view the base very long.

To do successful surveillance, you need to loiter and not be detected. The rocket would be detected as well as the personal UAV doing orbits over the base. Remember, these guys have radar and they know a bit about aircraft.

Streaming? To what? The closest cell tower is out near Mercury. They have to use a yagi antenna on the Tikaboo spy cam to stream video. I could of sworn I had a photo of the yagi, but I guess not. Here is the thread I did on the spy cam:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't know how current my info is, but they use or used to use cameraless Blackberries at the NTS with some sort of mark on the phone to indicate it is one of "their" phones. So some secure facilities can use cellular phones. At Groom, I am told but have no way to verify that they use a pager system and then call back on a landline. That is, there is no cellular service at Groom. You can hear the digital signals from cell sites when on TIkaboo, but you can hear so many signals on Tikaboo that you can't say a particular signal relates to a tower at Groom. I have never detected a pager when scanning from Tikaboo, though again, it is a matter of loiter time or detection. If they know I'm on Tikaboo, they may not use the pager. It isn't like these people are ignorant of SIGINT.

The RC car scheme is the best. Not streaming of course. There is nothing to stream to. But a RC car would eventually get close to Groom. It can also carry a heavy payload and it would have some loiter time. Just program a course with GPS guidance and hope they don't do jamming.

Regarding night vision gear. seriously, it is not as good as you think. If you have ever used NV gear, it is low magnification. This is because as you increase magnification for the same aperture (lens diameter), the light output decreases. Twice the magnification means 1/4th the light. Big glass is heavy, so it isn't easy to transport on "civilian" aircraft. Now your RC car could get close enough that it doesn't need much magnification. A simple low light black and white Watec CCD would do the trick, or a EMCCD if you had the money to burn.

You can do quite well in the daytime just shooting using a telescope from Tikaboo Peak.
www.lazygranch.com...
The July 2010 shoot is easily the best ever published.

Regarding the base being moved, it is a subject that is constantly debunked on ATS. The believers will believe whatever they want, so no use trying to convince them with facts. However, if you look at panoramas over the years and Google Earth imagery over time, you can easily see that Groom Lake is expanding all the time. Those that say the base moved have no proof, just a bunch of worthless conspiracy theories no better than the Dulce crap.

DUMBS? Yeah, whatever. The satellite surveillance would detect significant earth movement. There is the fairytale stuff about nuclear powered tunnel machines that vaporize rock, but that is total crap that doesn't stand up to scientific scrutiny. Going deep underground is just a pain in the arse. If you have a secure area, all you need is a building. Now hardened facilities is another story, but it is doubtful Groom Lake will ever be bombed. ;-) Note that I have seen dirt haulers leaving Gate 700 when on the NTS, so it isn't like they don't dig dirt around the base. I just suspect they are hauling toxic laden soil off the base.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Oh, this would be so cool.

But you check the wind directions and then take it on a balloon up miles using gel fuel into the atmosphere and drop it down directly and deploy a chute 500m above and film away.

Classic. I wish I was in America. I'd live to be involved in something like this. Just for the fun of not because I think A51 holds anything I need worry about but just because it is off limits.

I've been inside one secure installation and not got caught but A51 is a different kettle of fish with too much security.

Someone do it

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
Make sure you pack clean underwear as you'll need it when 20 Apache's and about 300 troops surround you

Don't forget the soap on the rope either when they book you

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Firing a rocket into U.S. territory would be an act of war, thats why they try to use supersonic high speed spy jets like SR-71 and the Aurora. Up there at the edge of space you're not in anyone's airspace so there's not much they can do except let you take a picture of their middlefinger when you fly by.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join