It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surviving till we have a disaster.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I have been studying some weird things to find the truth. We have been listening to people who assume too much especially in the health industry. Eat Salmon for Omega threes, when bacon has more omega 3's as a percentage as Salmon does. It tastes a little better too.
The percentage of Omega threes in Beef Brisket is better than in the higher priced steaks and roasts also. Seems kinda like the belly fat is higher in Omega threes. So plain old greasy burgers could be better for you than ground chuck because hamburger contained the brisket and other belly fat most of the time. By trying to eat healthier we may be going backwards I fear. No wonder those greasy burgers tasted so good years ago.

Here's a link to the nutrition database nutritiondata.self.com... A slice of bacon..'16 mg omega threes and 15.5 mg Omega six' Research other things to find the truth and add weird things to this thread.

I have uncovered quite a few of these things researching nutrition for prepping for survival in case of disaster hitting here in the future. I guess survivalists should include survival in the world without a disaster present also. I'm thinking I should go make myself a half pound of bacon on the kitchen woodstove, that and maybe some cookies in the oven. Prepping can be sooo fun. My wife and our cats like the cookstove too.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
There is some truth to what you are saying, but don't scarf down the bacon just yet as you're making the same mistake that you're accusing the medical community of making: being too narrow in scope.

It is a fact that your body will store excess calories, but storing excess calories slows you down. How do we know this? Great question!

Meet Max Kleiber (well, you can't meet him, because he's dead.) who was a Swiss biologist who came up with some interesting ideas in the 1920s and 1930s. To a guy who spends his days looking a beasts great and small, one will come to an interesting question: why don't big things die? If something bigger's organs has to work as hard as smaller's organs then why wouldn't they die of heart failure more often? Why can a horse and parrot live for decades but a mouse only a few years?

It's a question we take for granted. Think of a cat, a mouse, and horse. All three have different body masses and all three must consume different amounts of energy to survive (That's the "Well, Duh!" part). So if you're a Swiss biologist looking at the amount of intake you suddenly realize that it is not linear. Something 50x bigger than a mouse doesn't consume 50x more food.

So Kleiber did some recordings and came up with Kleiber's law. Here's the important bit: allometric laws. That is the metabolism of bigger things is slower than that of smaller things.

Hence fat people have a harder time losing weight: their metabolism has slowed down. A fat person begins to exhibit slower physical response rates, their blood and heart can only push so much. You're now operating at a metabolic threshold lower than a normal human. If we're all on an equal competitive field then when does being slow come into an advantage?

It doesn't.

So unless your survival strategy is akin to a tree sloth ("move slowly and hope they don't see you"), I'd lay off the bacon.
edit on 12-11-2012 by GreenGlassDoor because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-11-2012 by GreenGlassDoor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Yeah, there are quite a few things people hold to that just aren't true.

Spinach is high in iron, Popeye says so, but that's not true.

Banana's are high in potassium, but a slice of watermelon has more, alot more, and yet no one knows that?

It takes 20 lbs. of milk to make a pound of parmesan cheese.

It takes from 25-100 gallons of sap to make maple syrup. Tell me thats not a highly-refined man made product.

Not really sure what my point was to post this stuff.... I love bacon.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenGlassDoor

I could live off of body fat and water for a month. you'd last 3-7 days then dead. wheres the logic in that. eat more bacon.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenGlassDoor

Eating things in moderation is the clue to it all. I have been studying related foods and their chemistry and known good and bad properties of these foods. I think a potato is a better source of potassium than a banana. The reason for this is because my ancestors ate potatoes for many generations but bananas were barely consumed. You are right in saying that this is way more than consuming bacon. It is. I am saying bacon may be a good thing to eat if you eat a lot of the omega 6 fatty acids.

A couple slices of bacon over a roast makes the roast taste better. Why does this occur, what makes us sense that it tastes better. If your percentage of omega threes to omega sixes is off, you will remain hungry till the balance is met and consume more food which the body stores. It is way more complicated than you are saying. I have been studying foods and nutrients along with the balance in the body for six years, reading and searching for the companion foods needed for each food. This is very complex and is tied to cravings that people misinterpret. If the percentage of fatty acids is wrong in the body, eating more omega threes can make you loose weight and be satisfied with little foods. I personally test all kinds of stuff on myself and evaluate what happens and how I feel. Not all has gone right, I have learned to correct many deficiencies and other problems from my mistakes. A good alchemist tests on himself to get a personal perspective of things. Then thought has to be used to understand how others would perceive the symptoms.

I was called by my daughter last night. She was having a tachycardia event. These events happen when eating too many foods that contain nicotinic acid...over indulgence on hot foods (Hot peppers) being the culprit usually. If the nitrogen levels in the body get too high they can result in this...Too much coffee can do it because of the nitrogen in caffeine. In her case, too much coffee may have been the issue. We both have hereditary tachycardia. We discussed it and I told her to take a multimineral pill, with a moderate molybate in it, and to drink a glass of milk. The molybdenum both helps the body to turn the problematic nitrogens into uric acid and also helps the body get rid of lactic acid. The minerals are also a good antihistamine and can lessen histimine reactions effecting the body. The milk is a good beta blocker, fast acting plus the calcium in it can help in a symptom like this. Milk is also a good choice if she had aflotoxin issues which can also cause increased heart rate. within a few minutes her symptoms disappeared. Last time she had this, she went to the doctor and after a pile of tests they said she should go home and rest. It lasted for about a day that time. I have to speak to her about eating more beta blocking food, basicly eating beef at least a couple times a week.

I

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by nrd101

I bet I could go without eating for a month also. I couldn't go two days without coffee though

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I just cooked Bacon for the kids and me this morning(yesterday).

I guess we are good on the omega 13 sector.

There wasnt any left...lol

It is not the Bacon that gives you the heart attack. It is the price of the Bacon that gives you the heart attack.
edit on 13-11-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
You know, nowhere in my survival posts did I ever mention that we should stock up on toilet paper. We have always had quite a bit on hand, but were at a low point when the toilet paper pandemic hit this country.

new topics

top topics

join