It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISREAL: "There May Be a Major Escalation Within Hours"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Moshpet

Why would you even mention 'anti semitism' when not agreeing with Israel? It makes you look weak.STOP COWERNG.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I hope everyone is realistic here. If Iran and Israel go to war it'll be a push button war which means Missiles. Iran is a nation just under the size of the Western 11 United States. It's a HUGE place with 70 million people. They'll survive the war. They'll be real badly torn up by it....but they'll survive it. Israel on the other hand? They truly are fighting for their literal survival if it comes to that. I made this graphic up for something else entirely but the mileage distances are from the Mileage tool in Google earth with the population and other stats being public record stuff.

It's a big map but they are a very small place. Umm.. VERY small place.

The Jordan River and across to points East is like the backstop to a firing range or the natural berm on a demolition range on a large scale. In a missile war, I fear there is no way to 'put them in their place' without literally wiping them out as a very likely outcome. Netanyaya is a Yo Yo if he keeps this sort of thing up. The world would be REAL hard pressed to complain too loudly if some Hamas commanders met with untimely fates like Israel used to do when being selective still meant something. After all, there have been A LOT of things fired into Israel over the last few days.

Full military strikes across populated civilian areas to get what is probably just a number of missile/mortar teams seems outright reckless given other regional events though. Just foolish. He's almost asking those who WANT to attack him to go right ahead and take their best shot. The idiot might see it happen too, IMO. This reminds me of Bush saying "Come and get it" early in the war. Well...I'll bet he never forgets that screw up. They took it as an invitation.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Right on the money, Israel is in a pretty bad position to be launching a regional war, especially in todays world of modern rocketry.

This is why Israel havent been willing to just go in with airstrikes and a few strategic hits, they know full well they are a sitting duck unless they hit them hard enough to make them too scared to strike, conventional strikes do not invoke this kind of fear.

I believe nuclear weapons are the only answer to this puzzle, but Israel doesnt want to be the first nation since WW2 to let the nuclear genie out, because once that happens it knows the US and UK will not be able to stop the condemnation and retaliation Israel will be deservedly expecting.

Israel knows it cannot go in unless it uses nukes, but it needs 100% backing from the USA to do this. As such, the USA hasnt been willing to assist in a conventional strike or allow Israel to go in with nuclear weapons.
But how long will Israel wait until it has no choice?

They did make a move during the 6 day war when everyone said hope was lost... will they do it again?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
What I find intriguing is a thread with only 2 quotes, 1 pic and a link that is allowed to stand.

No personal input, opinion, theory, discussion points...nada, none, zip, nothing, zero, zilch...

So much against posting T&C and yet remains on the boards.

Peace

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOLCOTT
It is sad to see all the Israeli haters, Israel has a right to defend herself and has shown remarkable restraint through the years, Secondly Palestine has never existed, this is Israeli land from 1000's of years ago, not to mention the Biblical aspect that this land was given by God to Abraham, The hajji's believe it is also their holy place so what more do you expect. The muslims only respond and respect force, over whelming force. Weakness as Obama has demonstrated only fans the flames of hatred which has existed in that region for thousands of years. Let Israel handle them if they fall short, we can provide some shock an awe.

So you are saying these religious fanatics will kill to get what is theirs? I don't understand why Israel and Iran aren't best friends.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
What I find intriguing is a thread with only 2 quotes, 1 pic and a link that is allowed to stand.

No personal input, opinion, theory, discussion points...nada, none, zip, nothing, zero, zilch...

So much against posting T&C and yet remains on the boards.

Peace

...plus all these on topic posts.

Duck and cover.

PS- I kid only those I respect.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
People here suffer from memory loss. Or a serious brain disorder that prevents them from recalling past events that led to certain responses.

Gaza keeps shooting rockets into Israels southern towns and cities, injuring many and damaging infrastructure.

What are they supposed to do!!!!???? Just twiddle their thumbs and make cotton candy??

What would you do??

The Israel hatred at this website is deplorable.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
People here suffer from memory loss. Or a serious brain disorder that prevents them from recalling past events that led to certain responses.

Gaza keeps shooting rockets into Israels southern towns and cities, injuring many and damaging infrastructure.

What are they supposed to do!!!!???? Just twiddle their thumbs and make cotton candy??

What would you do??

The Israel hatred at this website is deplorable.

so some casualties and infrastructure damage makes it ok for israel to commit genocide?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOLCOTT
It is sad to see all the Israeli haters, Israel has a right to defend herself and has shown remarkable restraint through the years, Secondly Palestine has never existed, this is Israeli land from 1000's of years ago, not to mention the Biblical aspect that this land was given by God to Abraham, The hajji's believe it is also their holy place so what more do you expect. The muslims only respond and respect force, over whelming force. Weakness as Obama has demonstrated only fans the flames of hatred which has existed in that region for thousands of years. Let Israel handle them if they fall short, we can provide some shock an awe.

Yeah yeah yeah...Well if Israel is going to defend themselves go right ahead and do it. Going to the UN with a cartoon bomb picture is not helping the cause. If they do something, just don't expect the USA to back you up. After we have told Israel several times to chill out. Go ahead. But you go it alone.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Ok, so whats the issue? Why are you spewing expletives about Natanyahu?

What do you expect Israel to do???

Now, I don't know what your views are towards Zionism and a Jewish state, but for many Jews, it means the fruition of 2000 years of longing for their spiritual and religious homeland.

That's the premise Natanyahu and his ilk work from. Now, it's no secret that Iran means to destroy Israel. Should Israel just do nothing, as the allies did nothing during WWII for Europes Jews? Should they just ignore it and invite another holocaust?? No!

No people has been as invidiously dealt with as the Jews. So call them crazy all you like; their position is just, and if they die for their land, and for their beliefs, so be it. I have far more respect for that than for people who capitulate to their aggressors unjust demands.

So if Israel goes into Gaza, it's because Gaza was inviting it by shooting rockets at Israel.

If Israel attacks Iran, it's because Iran has been issuing threats, almost daily now, against the Jewish states very existence.

I for one commend them for taking a stand for once. Since the Jewish exile from Judea 2000 years ago, the Jews have been beaten down and turned into the type of naive fool who thought the Nazis would respect the rule of law. They aren't playing stupid anymore, and they aren't going to trust the 'good intent' of other nations. They have every reason to believe Iran is plotting against them, and unless they act, they risk another catastrophe against their people.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
A few hours, a few hundred hours, a few thousand hours or 100,000 hours (11 years or so)?

You can make any statement correct in context.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
...and the word 'may'

there 'may' be an earthquake today over 8.3

there 'may' be an assassination soon

there 'may' be a new war in Korea soon

it's all in the context.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
reply to post by DOLCOTT

According to my Bible, Canaan was later called Palestine, named after the Philistines. The notes under the scriptures state that, at one time, the Philistines controlled so much of Canaan that the name was changed to Palestine.

Ancient Canaan included the region between the Jordan River and the Mediterranean, an area roughly equivalent to the modern states of Israel (with the Palestinian territories), Lebanon, and coastal and southern inland Syria.[4] According to archaeologist Jonathan N. Tubb, "Ammonites, Moabites, Israelites and Phoenicians undoubtedly achieved their own cultural identities, and yet ethnically they were all Canaanites" "the same people who settled in farming villages in the region in the 8th millennium BC."[5]

en.wikipedia.org...

Seems to me the Palestinians have as much right to that land as the Israelis do.

Map of old Canaan:

They are part of this original area. Their roots run as deep as the Israelis. To deny them their historical right to exist where they have always existed, because you fail to see the word "Palestine" in the bible, is incorrect, historically and morally.

But the Palestinians aren't Philistines, or Canaanites. They are merely Arabs who live in Palestine. I agree they have as much right to the land as the Israeli Jews, but the land wasn't named for them. They named themselves for the land in order to strengthen their claim to it.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MastaShake

wtf are you talking about?

The fact that this type of stupidity can even be uttered without realizing how obscenely idiotic it is, dumbfounds me.

They're leaving them no options but to enter the strip; it isn't "genocide' - so have some respect not to just throw that word around about anyone, the Jews especially. Their going in to deal with the perpetrators, not to mindlessly kill civilians.

But if civilians do die, you can bet your fcuking a-ss that it would be because Hamas terrorists shoot from crowded areas, forcing IDF soldiers to shoot back in self defense,.

Israel is going about it smartly now. Last time, in '08, IDF troops complained about these amoral tactics. This time, each regiment has IDF camera men to SHOW how these miscreants fight.

What can you expect from a region which teaches their children in TV shows to adore suicide bombers.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
It always makes me wonder
about the same people here that continually say "Israel does not have the gonads" and "can't do anything without the USA" etc.

It may be a miracle that it is also the same people that say Israel is a terrorist state.

Yet more complex is the sentiment "Is there anyone in this world more scary than Netanyahu." as soon as he reaches out and liquidates a terrorist.

Very interesting that Israel has a very nice Air Force. We all can attest to what air superiority is, once Israel owns the air, its goodnight Iran. The Revelutionary Guard will be decimated where they stand if it has come down to that.

Israel Military Might

Iranian Military Might

Own the Air, own the night, oh BTW, goodnight.

edit on 12-11-2012 by morethanyou because: Do you think I'm stupid?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Now, I don't know what your views are towards Zionism and a Jewish state, but for many Jews, it means the fruition of 2000 years of longing for their spiritual and religious homeland.

That's the premise Natanyahu and his ilk work from. Now, it's no secret that Iran means to destroy Israel. Should Israel just do nothing, as the allies did nothing during WWII for Europes Jews? Should they just ignore it and invite another holocaust?? No!

No people has been as invidiously dealt with as the Jews. So call them crazy all you like; their position is just, and if they die for their land, and for their beliefs, so be it. I have far more respect for that than for people who capitulate to their aggressors unjust demands.

So if Israel goes into Gaza, it's because Gaza was inviting it by shooting rockets at Israel.

If Israel attacks Iran, it's because Iran has been issuing threats, almost daily now, against the Jewish states very existence.

I for one commend them for taking a stand for once. Since the Jewish exile from Judea 2000 years ago, the Jews have been beaten down and turned into the type of naive fool who thought the Nazis would respect the rule of law. They aren't playing stupid anymore, and they aren't going to trust the 'good intent' of other nations. They have every reason to believe Iran is plotting against them, and unless they act, they risk another catastrophe against their people.

All we are saying is that you can beat a dead horse only for so long. As an American I have grown more than tired of hearing that someone is trying to destroy Israel. If some country is trying to destroy you, then you destroy them. You have the tools to do it, just stop all the whining. And the Jewish people have been treated badly but there is a group of people who have been treated MUCH worse than them. Yes, I'm talking about slavery and the Jim Crow treatment of African Americans in this country. But thats over with. Its in the past. You guys have your country to defend, well defend it. But understand the trouble that will come your way if you decide to attack Iran. Israel is surrounded by Muslim countries and if they believe you are not just you will get attacked from all sides. It shouldn't be hard for Israel to take out all those countries but it won't be easy. So just bomb the mess out of them or leave it alone.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I sincerely wish most of you would just shut the hell up already.

Years and years, thousands of post about the same damn things. Chest beating and arguing over and over.

After kicking the can down the street day in and day out, you'd think you folks would get bored with it.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

That's the premise Natanyahu and his ilk work from.

There isn't a damn one of them 2000 years old!

Not to mention the fact that if they think they are the only ones who move away from their birth place, they're crazy. Of course they don't all think that because they are not all crazy and are perfectly content living elsewhere in many cases. I'm sure there are Jews who really don't like it there... and Netanyahu must be one of them seeing as how he wants it buried.

If that's his only premise, it's a damn shame.

I didn't get into the rest because I got all caught up on that 2000 year bit. I'm going to have to settle down after that.
I don't want to feel more compelled to give you a hard time. I'll probably have a smoke and come back to it after I stop giggling.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrostForests
I sincerely wish most of you would just shut the hell up already.

Years and years, thousands of post about the same damn things. Chest beating and arguing over and over.

After kicking the can down the street day in and day out, you'd think you folks would get bored with it.

I know how you feel. It is tiresome.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

There isn't a damn one of them 2000 years old!

And Buddhists, and Hindus aren't thousands of years old either. What's your point? It's the tradition, whats inherited, what defines you, that is sacred and made meaningful.

Talk about taking a statement hyper-literally.

I'll probably have a smoke and come back to it after I stop giggling.

Perhaps there's PCP in whatever you're smoking?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join