It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun and Ammo Sales Soaring

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zakaris
Not sure if this is off-topic but I didn't see any forum category it would fit in. I was thinking about getting a pair of .22 rifles so my wife and I could go plinking (seeing as the ammo is so cheap for now). Looking at spending ~$500-$700. Anyone have any recommendations? The only other firearm I own is a XDm 9mm.
Ummm...Savage makes a really nice one that comes with a scope. It's a light weight synthetic stock semi-auto .22 long rifle. The price is around $109.00 for the package, it only comes with one mag though. These make great small game guns and are less expensive than a 1200-1400 fps pellet rifle scope combo pkg., those run you around $225.00. Bricks of 500 rnds have gone up in the past few years but there some fair deals out there. Gander MTN. has 2500 rnd. pkgs. in water tight ammo cans, I can't remember what the price is at the moment.
Remember, if your going to store ammo for a little bit, control the humidity, use those oxy and humidity absorbers in your storage container's.

YouSir

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonLover
I just love good vinacular...

What's "vinacular"? Does it have to do with "vine"? Pray tell.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I bought a new pistol, a S&W M&P in 9mm so I can keep shooting cheap...

The Hi-Point carbine is a great firearm for the price, I love mine and never had problems with it, my first firearm I ever bought was a Hi-Point pistol in .40S&W and I still own it and is a great firearm for the price.

As soon as another AWB looms I am going to be buying a bunch of Hi-Cap mags and maybe even an evil "Assault Weapon" so I can resell it for twice the price....I already own a nice AK in 5.56 and I love it.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
I bought a new pistol, a S&W M&P in 9mm so I can keep shooting cheap...

The Hi-Point carbine is a great firearm for the price, I love mine and never had problems with it, my first firearm I ever bought was a Hi-Point pistol in .40S&W and I still own it and is a great firearm for the price.

As soon as another AWB looms I am going to be buying a bunch of Hi-Cap mags and maybe even an evil "Assault Weapon" so I can resell it for twice the price....I already own a nice AK in 5.56 and I love it.
Ummm....The High-Point carbine is all great and good...UNTIL... you need to break it down and clean it. Then it becomes a lengthy bitch session about what the hell were those damn design engineers thinking of? The life time warranty and price can be a good thing though.

YouSir

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter
Funny how the gov. Calls us crazy for stocking up, when they in return buy absurd amounts of ammo in the millions of rounds
makes no sense to me
Hollow points to be exact... Ive never target practiced with hollow points..

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by gangdumstyle

Originally posted by gunshooter
Funny how the gov. Calls us crazy for stocking up, when they in return buy absurd amounts of ammo in the millions of rounds
makes no sense to me
Hollow points to be exact... Ive never target practiced with hollow points..

A month or two ago the Government bought up millions of 308 rounds and another batch of 5.56 just when the prices were dropping and we were seeing a little more at the wholesale level. The 308 I sell for $19 a box is then selling for $25 for the same brand, load and count, now. The Government is buying civilian ammo, but they have released reclassified military rounds to civilian sales...those are the white boxes in the ammo cans we have been seeing for the last year or so. In addition to this, in the summer they were breaking down the military components such as brass, bullets, powder and primers and selling those to re-manufactures who were reselling on the secondary market at near new prices.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I was at the Tanner Gun Show in Loveland, CO this past weekend. It's amazing how many people were there. As a vendor, we just go a newsletter and it was a record number. Glad to see people exercising their "right". I'm guessing the December show will be even bigger.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
They may or may not agree but America needed an Obama re-election.

More people are alert, preparing, getting ammo, rising up and being vocal.

With a Romney election, many Americans would've gone back to sleep and another 4 years of blind faith would've passed until people start realizing again that things have only gotten worse.

Most people don't push back unless completely cornered.

Pacifism is a dangerous...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Where did this idea come from that you have to be a Republican to love firearms?

It's incredibly incorrect.

Most everyone I know loves to hunt or shoot.

It's ok to be an NRA member and vote democratically. You just have to delete the all the porpaganda emails from them. That's what ATS is for!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join