It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun and Ammo Sales Soaring

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Trustfund

It isn't just right wingers who own guns and have membership in the NRA.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

It isn't just right wingers who own guns and have membership in the NRA.

Did I say that? Many leftists and liberals own guns, few are members of the NRA though. They tend not to believe the irrational fear mongering about gun grabs.

edit on 13-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

How is it irrational? There are plenty of examples of the attempts by politicians to do just that.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by fictitious
Not going to lie. We definitely purchased a shot gun

Are you sure?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trustfund
Of course gun sales are rising. The NRA sent out scare mongering letters to its "members"...The same thing that happened in 08 and after the Aurora shooting.

I'm not an NRA member and have never seen such a letter.

Rather, I have seen the POTUS stand up on national television and call for renewing the AWB and demonize a personal collection of items as "weapons of war." I've seen so-called conservative Joe Scarborough on television tell me I'm irresponsible because I own a thing and every head sitting at his table nod in agreement.

The NRA hasnt convinced me of anything. Those bastards are partly responsible for the NFA's laws we currently suffer under.

The politcos on the other hand have told me in my face that they want to take my guns.

If you're going to blame somebody for fear mongering blame the gun-grabbing politicians for saying what they think.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
The price of guns has soared over the last five years. People should have bought their guns long ago when the prices were reasonable. Sometimes I wonder if gun dealers created this situation. I can see stocking up on food, alternative heat and alternative cooking stuff for a month or so but to go out and buy guns when the price is so high is a bad investment. My guns are old, they still work all right, don't need to buy anymore. Mine are for shooting food, not for army tactics.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Good deals can still be had. Recently I bit the bullet so to speak and scooped up a hi-point 9 mm rifle. Many people said it was a cheap made gun ( here in the US I might add) and was a piece of crap. 200 rounds later and not a single problem, fully decked out with all the goodies mine was under $325. Not a bad deal at all for a gun with some serious stopping power and on the cheaper end for ammo which is widely available. I would love to add a Smith-Wesson M&P 15 to my arsenal but is out of my price range for now. And considering I live in NYS we cannot have the "evil" features other states allow. Just my 2 cents.......

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel

Good deals can still be had.

Yes, they can.

Before the election the industry was on the edge of a glut and for all intents and purposes still is facing a glut. A couple of months of panic buying isnt going to change that. Prolonged panic buying is a different story.

Worth noting that Black Friday brings gun deals as well as deals on other Chinese plastic junk:
Black Friday 2012 collection

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Are you sure?

Now that I think about it...it was actually a pellet gun. Gosh how did that slip my mind?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I read somewhere that the NRA was the only organisation who had a worse result than Karl Rove.
While that might technicaly be true, they still got who they wanted into the White House.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Are you sure?

Now that I think about it...it was actually a pellet gun. Gosh how did that slip my mind?

Indeed. That "definitely" was in fact "maybe".

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Are you sure?

Yes, indubitably, kind sir. It was irrevocably and factually a maybe, quite possibly.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Are you sure?

Yes, indubitably, kind sir. It was irrevocably and factually a maybe, quite possibly.

I just love good vinacular... Sometimes I wish i could speak like that.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Not sure if this is off-topic but I didn't see any forum category it would fit in. I was thinking about getting a pair of .22 rifles so my wife and I could go plinking (seeing as the ammo is so cheap for now). Looking at spending ~$500-$700. Anyone have any recommendations? The only other firearm I own is a XDm 9mm.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonLover

Read more. I could recommend some great, amusing books. Plus, my minor was English, so I guess it comes naturally to someone as dorky as me. Here's my word of the day that most people already know, but I'm highly fond of: exacerbation.
It just sounds so...dirty, but it's not. Ok, ok I've been drinking

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Two points of this thread Buy now and buy all you can sooner or later you are not going to be able to.

With all of the organizations out there manipulating people into buying their products, filling the little heads with lies from all angles. None of them are smart enough to coordinate their efforts, sooner or later you end up with a whirlwind of confused people shooting in all directions.

Sooner or later it just gets out of hand.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I will be completely honest, I own a Survival Store and we sell guns. I think this current frenzy is being pushed by three things, what the President said in one of the Debates about guns and small cheap pistols, what happened in the AWB 94 and the other from Gun Dealers.

On the wholesale side of the market, I will tell you stocks dropped by half the by the afternoon after election day and nearly depleted everything by Thursday. Certain large wholesalers also marked stock as "allocated" and this has hurt the smaller stores as they cannot get product. The only thing left is the ultra expensive stuff and the odd calibers. I have ordered parts so customers can build what they want-as I am not a manufacturer and I am not able to assemble their rifle (which is a lesson for another time).

The President speaks.... the ammo and guns disappear. The memories of the AWB is still fresh in my mind and what it did to the pricing at the time. I have been telling people for months it did not matter if he won or not...prices would be all over the place for the next two years while the populace settled down. The AWB too Norinico MAK90 (Ak47) from $289 prior to the ban to over $900 or more towards the later years. All it did is hurt lawful people from buying. Now what they talked about for the 94 ban was making ammo harder to buy, they never did this, but they easily could now...by adding an additional tax just like they did for ObamaCare...and just like in the Chicago area on firearms. Now, they may go after guns by saying "not for sporting use" just like they used to get rid of 120 something of firearms durning the AWB which were never re-imported into the USA. Another trick they used was Safety, so any gun imported into the USA must have 10 US made parts. SO any Ak you buy has 10 parts usually the trigger control group, barrel, pistol, furniture and couple of other things. The non-sporting use will be used to get rid of the Saiga shotguns and they could move them to the Class III list just like they did to the Revolving Shotgun (Street Sweeper).

The Gun Dealers... I think that they do not want to get caught without stock on the walls, so they ordered everything and maxed out their credit cards. I know I bought four Ar15s and a pile of stripped lowers this week. I have sold nearly everything...with the exception of the new Ruger Piston rifles, new Mossberg Ar's and the odd calibers. I just like others sell online at low pricing, usually cheaper then any gun show I have been at in the past three or four years, but people "think" they are still getting a deal at the show...they are not.

Two Items unmentioned ....like the last time the BATF went after the Home FFL dealer and was very aggressive in audits of stores many FFLs closed- I suspect this will occur again and there will be few places to buy from. Lastly, there has been a record amount of buyers of Class III weapons such as Short barreled rifles (SBR), Short barreled shotguns (SBS) and Suppressors, so much that the FBI had to hire more examiners.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Talk about deja vu! The same thing happened, and the same fear-mongering fed it even more in 2008, 1992, 1996...but that's ok, I buy oil and weapons stocks when I think a Repub is going to win or does win, and gun/ammo manufacturer stocks when Dems win. I always make really nice returns doing so, and the gullible foolishness of the masses always seems to pay off on the guns/ammo side, while the oil/weapons thing always works when Reps win.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Talk about deja vu! The same thing happened, and the same fear-mongering fed it even more in 2008, 1992, 1996...but that's ok, I buy oil and weapons stocks when I think a Repub is going to win or does win, and gun/ammo manufacturer stocks when Dems win. I always make really nice returns doing so, and the gullible foolishness of the masses always seems to pay off on the guns/ammo side, while the oil/weapons thing always works when Reps win.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
It's happening in my state, seems the weapons dealers and contractors always make head way in a bad situation.

edit on 14-11-2012 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join