Gun and Ammo Sales Soaring

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Election’s Over: Time to Buy a Gun!

President Barack Obama has been referred to as “salesman of the year” for the gun industry. The nickname is likely to stick around, considering that gun sales are expected to rise like a speeding bullet now that he’s been reelected. Read more: business.time.com...

This is true Democrats have done more for gun advocacy that the NRA could have ever done. This happened in 2008 as well.

But,

Never letting a good crisis go to waste:

U.S. lawmakers troubled over soaring gun, ammo sales

Rep. Nita Lowey (D-NY) urged on her fellow members of Congress on Thursday to pass "common sense' legislation to protect people and law enforcement. She spoke about the need for passage of the "Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act" as a first step in regulating ammo sales to private citizens. The congresswoman said in light of two recent mass-shootings -- one in Aurora, Colorado, the other in Oak Creek, Wisconsin -- there is a need to control the number of boxes of ammo being sold to private citizens.

www.examiner.com...

The Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act has already been the topic of conversation here on the boards, but the Potus's own remarks during the campaign, and the debates should reinvigorate the conversation once more.

Two points of this thread Buy now and buy all you can sooner or later you are not going to be able to.

Control the ammo and you control the gun a fact that is not lost on Feinstien or Lowey.

And legislation/regulation does not "make it safer for the private citizen or LEO all it does is create more victims.
edit on 12-11-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Neo, I agree, now is the time to buy. My problem....No extra cash.
I am looking into reloading my own cartridges. yet that can get rather expensive as well.
I have heard many after the election talking about on-line gun sales.
If I had the money I would not buy on-line, I would buy locally with CASH. Credit cards and ammo just seem like a bad mix to me.
Quad

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

Cash is a problem, and another problem it is the majority of the time it is "cheaper" and a better selection online.

The majority of people do not even know where to go buy those supplies, and brick and motar stores are often a lot higher.

Really tho it is damned if you do damned if you don't sort of thing.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I was at a Sporting goods store today and overheard, they have sold an AR every day after the election. And this is in a very democrat part of my state. I have never been so proud to be an American. I am happy in knowing that a vast amount of gun owners are also vets, trained by them for them. You can take off the uniform but can never take out/off the soldier. It is very simple. If they abide by the Constitution, which they swore to defend, I don't see them having anything to worry about. But like the old saying.... "the wicked flee, when none persue." What have they done that they should fear the people and owners of this country? Plenty, I believe.
Only question is, do the people have the b***s to stand?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
U.S. Citizens troubled over soaring politician egomania , government sales.

And they wonder why we're buying guns.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Every store that sells guns that I have walked into has a picture of Obama with the caption, "Firearms Salesman of the Year."

Once one of the SCOTUS's retire and is replaced, they will attack the 2nd Admendment again.

But in the meantime, they'll keep doing things, "under the radar."

edit on 12-11-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I dont see the Government outlawing guns at all, The Governmet will probably make it harder to buy Guns and Ammo rather than piss of 2/3rds of Americans. They will probably say, "You can have your Guns, but we will regulate the Ammo". Thats all they have to do, many people have ammo stalked up, but if they regulate it, it will make the excisting ammo worth what Gold is. Sticky situation. Im all for the freedom to choose, man will kill eachother without a Gun. Sucks to even put it like that

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I've been waiting for the gun shows - the deals seem to get worse and worse every year compared to online, but it's nice not having some things documented to the extent online sales are.

I think magazines would be good to stock up on too. Seems like high capacity magazines will be on the chopping block sooner rather than later.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Lets not forget there are many hunting seasons starting up right now. People love to pick up a new gun to bag a whitetail or turkey. Some people pick one or two up now, to stick under the christmas tree. Could just be the time of year.

That and... Dec 21st 2012 is right around the corner!!!

(sorry, I had too.)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Notice how these jackasses always preface it with saying words like "reasonable" or "common sense".

They do the same when attempting to raise taxes: "just a bit more", or "asking them to pay a little extra".

Gun control is simply not reasonable. The 2nd Amendment doesnt say shall not be infringed unless said restrictions are deemed reasonable.

Each and every Congressional moron who supports any form of gun control is in blatant violation of the Constitution and needs to be prosecuted for deprivation of civil liberties.

Since money is tight for a large number of people, a group purchase would be a good idea for larger quantities.
edit on 12-11-2012 by TheAngryFarm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
My prediction for the future.

The US government is happy that the citzenry is buying firearms in record numbers because of the revenues that will be generated from the yearly tax for the possession of firearms.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by eManym
My prediction for the future.

The US government is happy that the citzenry is buying firearms in record numbers because of the revenues that will be generated from the yearly tax for the possession of firearms.

Just an ol'country boys humble opinion but how would they enforce such a tax?
That is something that will never be done.
Why you may ask?
Because those that own guns generally know how to use them.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by eManym

Well I'm just happy that some people elect to pay stupidity tax, which actually goes to pay for good jobs in the firearms industry. Every little helps.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I'm not sure what is promoting gun sales - its sort assine to buy a gun and tell the gov't you bought one ....
its sort of like sending an invitation for a visit.... but it doesnt really matter how much guns get sold today...
because its the guns sold over 40 years ago that is going to win the day. those would require a visit to everyone which is like almost impossible. and since the people are buying protection is admirable its a speck on the face of gun ownership .... less than 1% show up ... its over, largest army in the world and we dont even realize it.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I dun just bought me a couple of cases of shot gun ammo on line....YEEEE...HA!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Funny how the gov. Calls us crazy for stocking up, when they in return buy absurd amounts of ammo in the millions of rounds
makes no sense to me

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Want to have some fun, bombard the office of the bills supporter with letters, emails, and phone calls, on WHY the sales are up, ask if she is aware of NOAA, Social Security, Fish and Wildlife stock piling absurd amounts of ammo.....etc....

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Not going to lie. We definitely purchased a shot gun and a glock 27 this past week to add to the arsenal. Even before we heard about the UN gun ban that Obama is supporting, gunbroker already got our business. Maybe a second assault rifle will be next along with tons of ammo. I'm not taking any chances.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Of course gun sales are rising. The NRA sent out scare mongering letters to its "members"...The same thing that happened in 08 and after the Aurora shooting.

The corporate gun lobby lovessssssss tp profit from fear. They have the right wing media on their side too.

edit on 12-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Great Thread Neo.

This is the first year my Son will be going out Deer hunting. Gun safety, and gun ownership, hand in hand.

When you have those in any Administration, trying to pass anti-Gun Laws, or anti-ammo laws, you're going to get more people buying them. One day, one of these "laws" is going to pass.........

S&F

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join