Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Paracetomol & Asthma Link

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Babies given Calpol and other forms of paracetamol are more likely to develop asthma

I haven't been able to source the actual study to check the veracity of it. This might be of interest to people whether or not the findings will show anything of relevance.

FYI: Paracetomol is also commonly referred to as acetaminophen or Tylenol in Canada and the US. Link

Babies given Calpol and other forms of paracetamol are more likely to develop asthma before going to school, say researchers.
More exposure to the drug resulted in a greater chance of developing the condition.
The latest study from Denmark adds to mounting evidence of a link between the painkiller and asthma, with previous research into adults and babies suggesting its use increased the risk of the disease.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Although even in the article they concede the misleading headline later on near the end:

One recent study found that children given other common pain medications, including ibuprofen and naproxen, also had an increased asthma risk.
The researchers said that suggested children with asthma symptoms were simply more likely to need the medications.
‘We think it is too early to conclude a causal relationship, but the findings should encourage further research into a ‘plausible biological mechanism’.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

So there is a chance that this is nothing more than observation of a select group of people with a predisposition to asthma, or parents that like to ram child tylenol down their kids throats...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Daily Mail is the worst propoganda News media in the UK, Its the equivelent of FOX news in USA. A better source would better youre argument.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Well i have never given any paracetamol or other medicine which reduce fever to my kid, and he does have asthma. My father has asthma also hubby and his mother has asthma so i rather say its more or less in our genes.

Our white cells does the job killing the viruses by themselves, when taking paracetamol or similar it takes only longer for body to do its job as those reduce fever which is normal defence mechanism against viruses. You can ease symptoms using natural methods like vitamin c and d, and get over it faster than using drugs.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I talked to our asthma nurse a few years ago and she said new research showed that asthmatics have an increased reaction to allergens and microbes by becoming inflammed, due to a deficiency in Magnesium.

So we now take Magnesium in oil spray and we rarely have asthma symptoms and have been able to stop all meds.
Asthma is also in our genes, in most of my maternal family, and other inflammatory diseases.

So maybe this could explain why these asthmatic children get paracetamol causing this link.

I read recently that asthma and COPD is linked to a microbe called Pseudomonas aeruginosa, which is cured by taking colloidal silver at 4-8ppm in distilled water. (Can't remember where.)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by blaenau2000
Daily Mail is the worst propoganda News media in the UK, Its the equivelent of FOX news in USA. A better source would better youre argument.

My argument that the title of the article is misleading and it was shoddy reporting based on an inconclusive study?

new topics

top topics

join