It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Fog of Secrecy Developing as Huge FEMA Camp is Being Setup in NJ...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidsHope
Why is the razor/barb wire on the top of the outside fence facing in? That is to prevent an escape. Otherwise the wire would be facing outward to prevent anyone from getting in. Truthfully, why do they need razor wire prevention on this fence at all? Especially ....facing inward to prevent anyone from going over from the inside?
Doesn't seem right to me.

I wish more people paid attention to these sort of details.

/salute!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by UnknownEntity4U

So here is what I hear you saying:
Cut military, so THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of jobs can be lost, not to mention our security will be hindered in ways you wouldn't and couldn't even begin to fathom. Don't live ANYWHERE in the U.S. because there are freezing temperatures in the northern states that cause blizzards that can create national emergencies...There are tornadoes in the plains states that can destroy homes (and, generally, there is little to NO warning to leave)... There are hurricanes in the eastern states (all up and down the eastern seaboard)... The gulf states also have hurricanes and oil spills... The west coast have earthquakes and volcanoes. OH...wait...The entire population might be able to live in Colorado. But it might get a little crowded.
And for those that lose their jobs due to the fact that you have decided that we don't need a military or any other government agencies...they better NEVER ask for ANY sort of help from ANYBODY if a natural disaster does happen and they don't fit into that little state of Colorado. Even though our tax dollars are what is funding the programs that are there to help those people.
hmmm sounds to me like your reasoning is off. WAY OFF. Just to help you out a little with something else too: there is a difference between the meanings of "there" and "their". Did you know that? Also, you might want to learn the difference of when you should use "them" and "those" in a sentence. There are some other things I could help you with in your grammar, but I don't have the time to list them all, and I'm not a high school English teacher.

As far as the FEMA camp goes... As long as the people are being allowed to come and go as freely as they please, I'm thinking that the intentions are good. I'm not sure how they can claim that would be "prison-like" conditions.It might not be like the Hilton, but at least it's a bed to sleep in and food to eat!!
It's when they start to forbid these people to leave that we have a problem... But at this point, I'm not sure it would take much to create a situation where that could happen...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by davcwebb

So they are not providing free public WiFi and charging stations for phones because they are more concerned with other basic essentials.Gasp!!!
!
What says this is a basic need that must to be provided in the face of everything else that is going on?

edit on 12-11-2012 by Digital_Reality because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConclusion

Because it is an old empty lot and the fence makes no difference . We've been through that. Come on it's an old industrial lot you can lift the fence and leave . You need to get out more often

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

Contact with friends and maybe family . It's cheap and easy to do . I have it for nearly 1/2 mile in every direction for less than $200 for the setup.

Go offline for 10 days and see how essential it was. You couldn't come here and whine

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by woodsmom

Sadly, many manufacturing plants have the barbed wire facing in to prevent employees from leaving early and/or stealing tools/materials from the site. I have been to many manufacturing sites through my employment and have usually seen the barbed wire facing in.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jankopernik

But it cannot face out over a sidewalk. Just a silly rule in the codes I know

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Home Depot grade chain-link fencing and a single layer of barbed wire? Right.

When your FEMA camp fences look like this

we'll talk.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Im just a couple towns from there in rahway..didnt see it personally but everyone seems to think its odd. im not driving there unless i get paid for it.
edit on 12-11-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
This camp is being set-up on the grounds of the old GM Plant torn down in '08. It's not for the utility workers cause most of the power is back on here in NJ & most of the out of state crews are leaving.

Not sure what to make of it - this is from a local blog or paper. Nobody wants to take ownership of it. My guess it is for the Staten Island people who got wiped out.

In the tent city, there are water trucks, vehicles for taking showers, and what looks like a ton of raw materials for more building. Trying to find out what it's for, though, is another story. A nearby resident of the plant had spoken to several of the guards, who swore it was a project of FEMA - the acronym for the Federal Emergency Management Agency. But FEMA spokesman Scott Sanders at first denied that his agency had anything to do with the white tent city.

Camp

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel
reply to post by davcwebb

So, people displaced shouldn't use these services their tax dollars paid for?

Do you want to see them continuing to freeze, go without food, etc?

In the aftermath of Katrina, there were places like this all over, and huge trailer parks.

People were able to carry on, come and go as they pleased with a home base, allowing them some sort of a normal life.

What's your point, because I see this as much needed services to people on the east coast. Honestly.........pffffftttt!

You just registered 10.14.2012?
This in your opinion is A-OK?

Because it looks like people might be expected to have to be there for upwards of a year...maybe more.
Yikes.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Should i go snoop on the place tomorrow? Hmmmmm

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
What's wrong with nazi concentration camps set up in the you es of americorp?
don't you wanna be put in a concentration camp?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I'm real confused about this thread.

This is the type of job FEMA is supposed to do. Temporary shelter for storm victims......

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter

Because it looks like people might be expected to have to be there for upwards of a year...maybe more.
Yikes.

After Katrina, there were still people living in FEMA trailers after 2 years.

Considering some of the devastation that people suffered, they will be lucky to be out of there after only a year.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
Ummm...I think they would have put it in an area not effected so it wouldnt be a hinderance to the cleanup
Just sayin...

I think they'd put it in an area where it'd be out of the public eye, you know where Billybob can't come by with his plastic disposable kodak camera and take snapshots of an emergency shelter and say "hey guys, this is a FEMA deathcamp"!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by HomerinNC
Ummm...I think they would have put it in an area not effected so it wouldnt be a hinderance to the cleanup
Just sayin...

I think they'd put it in an area where it'd be out of the public eye, you know where Billybob can't come by with his plastic disposable kodak camera and take snapshots of an emergency shelter and say "hey guys, this is a FEMA deathcamp"!

Umm it is very much in the public eye. Thats right on "us route 1 & 9", the only way to get to newark without paying a toll

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trustfund
I'm real confused about this thread.

This is the type of job FEMA is supposed to do. Temporary shelter for storm victims......

Theyre uhm...a little late. Youd think they could do it more expediently. But im not sure, hehe.

Seaside heights is gone. My customer at port newark is shut down still for salt water damage.

Im laid over here cause of the storm

CX

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DavidsHope
Why is the razor/barb wire on the top of the outside fence facing in? That is to prevent an escape. Otherwise the wire would be facing outward to prevent anyone from getting in. Truthfully, why do they need razor wire prevention on this fence at all? Especially ....facing inward to prevent anyone from going over from the inside?
Doesn't seem right to me.

This is something that i think many conspiracy theorists are brainwashed to think every time they see inward facing fence posts with razor wire on them. It happens every time a FEMA camp is mentioned.

Google "razor wire fencing installation", not all fences that face inwards are sinister or to stop people escaping.

The barracks where i did my basic in had inward facing fencing with razor wire.

CX.

edit on 13/11/12 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by UnknownEntity4U

Since you haven't figured out that the nation's infrastructure causes people to have to live in tornado or hurricane prone areas, you aren't smart enough to stick around either.

And before you go on saying that you don't depend on anybody, you depended on a manufacturer to make the computer you are now typing on, the dockworkers who ferried it over from China on a boat, who risk death at the high seas, the dock worker who lifted it off the carrier, who lives in the town on the water that faces hurricanes so you can come online to chastise the very people who live in port cities, that helped you get your computer, so you can go online and say they shouldn't live near the water.

No, I don't think you will survive very long at all if you don't know this by 25.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join