It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Fog of Secrecy Developing as Huge FEMA Camp is Being Setup in NJ...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

thank you for being understanding. i agree ppl need help. red cross does ok. team work. family's and friends hook up and clean up. if my house caught on fire. should you all have to pay for it pay other ppl to come clean up a mess that was my problem? i don;t think so. i am sure everyone that stayed behind when they were told to leave and evaluate have friends and family in other states. they all could have spent a few days out of town. they stayed. that's not my problem.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Well now. Just a quick look at the online search engine street map will verify that the current position of the barbed wire is as it was. Thought I would help with that.

So now onto porta kleen who is it and what do they do? As those trailers are a long ways away from the companies general service area.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

so your one of them ppl that want everyone to do everything for you lol. you are the kind of ppl that will go first when the # hits the fan. you cant take care of your self then you are not worth helping. i don't mind helping someone in need. but waiting around , siting around waiting for ppl to come clean up your problem. lol yep you will be the first of many to go.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by davcwebb

Ya who this time will be passing out towels and saying,this way to the showers.
History will repeat, most have not learned. SEIG HEIL.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by The X

]

Yeah...i can see you don't have an inkling of an understanding how things really work.
Tax dollars are not spent on anything to do with services of any kind, Taxes are collected to pay off the debt incurred by governmental borrowing of a currency they themselves should be printing.
In Fact the debt is so big taxes are only just about keeping up with the interest payments.

You are wrong. FEMA is funded state and federal taxes.

www.fema.gov... rams_dhs_fy13_cj.pdf

Enjoy!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by madjetxe

i agree. takes a long time for ppl to learn. god bless them ones

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

thank you. lot of ppl do not get it. like really don't get it hehehehehe

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnknownEntity4U
reply to post by Sissel

so your one of them ppl that want everyone to do everything for you lol. you are the kind of ppl that will go first when the # hits the fan. you cant take care of your self then you are not worth helping. i don't mind helping someone in need. but waiting around , siting around waiting for ppl to come clean up your problem. lol yep you will be the first of many to go.

Now why would you get that idea?

I did not sit around and wait for help. I took an active part in helping myself, my neighbors, and the community. I had just moved to Louisiana 5 moths before Katrina, and had done away with but a few personal possessions. I was lucky compared to a lot of other people.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

that's good. helping each other is good. but there is still some things the government shouldn't be doing.

your right it shouldn't be about money. ppl should help ppl no matter what happens. it shouldn't cost anything. we payed for all the governments military they could least help the dieing and hurt for free we pay for everything they have and use around the world. i guess a nuclear sub or a cruise carrier is more important then us

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Not that I am a fan of FEMA, they have a purpose, but they could work better as with all government entities. I believe private industry does better. That said, here's info on Porta Kleen:

Nothing sinister. They were the ones I'm sure who gave the best deal or had the best lobbyists to get the contract.

www.portakleen.com...

As a veteran-owned small business, Porta Kleen understands the portable sanitation needs of the military and government better than any other portable sanitation provider. We're proud to be the only GSA schedule holder for mobile showers, and we're happy to offer the most extensive fleet of mobile shower and restroom trailers to suit any situation.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by UnknownEntity4U

You do know that the governments money comes from taxpayers?

So nothing is free even if its free.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

now if you were to say lets cut government military spending and put some in whats needed like disasters or recovery's. i would be 100% on board. there is a lot of things that could be cut. everyone could get the help they needed instantly not 8 days later when ppl are sick and need food.
edit on 12-11-2012 by UnknownEntity4U because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

sure does. yes i know. we pay for everything the government does. least they can do is give us free aid and help in a disaster.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidsHope

Actually it's facing inwards probably because of local rules that will not let it hang over the sidewalk. lay here probably a law there. But here our water treatment plant faces inward the sewer plant outward. It mkes sense to somebody

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

in a disaster would you go around town and charge ppl for your aid? would you tell someone you know that you live next too that you cant help in till a currency is declared. government takes to long to respond to disasters. and it should be free. like i said would you charge someone next door just to help them out of there own house and to the hospital.
edit on 12-11-2012 by UnknownEntity4U because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by madjetxe

lol if # hits the fan i think last thing on my mind would be taking a shower lol or being behind fences with barb wiring facing in would. (^_^)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I just think our taxes would be put to better use if the govt were to get rid of the alphabet agencies who suck and are tied up with red tape and give it directly o the companies to come and help when needed. We are giving them contracts anyway, then paying FEMA to boot. There has to me a better way.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

That's what charities are for and they still have to have money to pay for what they supply. We don't live in a Star Trek world, things have to be paid for at some point.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

i agree, we need to start cutting a lot of stuff, agencies,military. put more into aid and space programs. we could have been off this earth by now lol

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Is this the same as the tent city they put up in Monmouth Park, NJ ? They called it "Camp Freedom" and were given ID cards and had guards at every door and had to show ID to even use the washroom. They were also kept in the cold in these tents. It seems they tried shutting off wifi and not allowing them to charge thier phones, perhaps in order to keep the conditions under wraps.

Sandy refugees say life in tent city feels like prison

Inside the giant billowy white tents, the massive klieg lights glare down from the ceiling all night long. The air is loud with the buzz of generators pumping out power. The post-storm housing — a refugee camp on the grounds of the Monmouth Park racetrack - is in lockdown, with security guards at every door, including the showers.

No one is allowed to go anywhere without showing their I.D. Even to use the bathroom, "you have to show your badge," said Amber Decamp, a 22-year-old whose rental was washed away in Seaside Heights, New Jersey. FEMA has plans to bring trailers into New Jersey to increase the amount of temporary housing.

While FEMA is helping at the tent city, it is being run by the state of New Jersey. The state's Department of Human Services did not immediately return calls seeking comment on Saturday morning.

Sabol was told that she had half an hour to pack: everyone was getting shipped to hotels in Wildwood, New Jersey, where they would be able to re-acquaint themselves with showers, beds and a door.

After four hours, the bus driver pulled into a dirt parking lot. The passengers were expecting a hotel with heat and maybe even a restaurant. Instead they saw a mini city of portable toilets and voluminous white tents with their flaps snapping in the wind. Inside, they got sheets, a rubbery pillow, a cot and one blanket. There was no heat that night, and as temperatures dropped to freezing, people could start to see their breath. The gusts of wind blew snow and slush onto Sabol's face as her cot was near the open tent flaps. She shivered. Her hands turned purple.

Disaster shelter doesn't protect from bitter cold

As Sotelo tells it, when it became clear the residents were less than enamored with their new accommodations Wednesday night and were letting the outside world know about it, officials tried to stop them from taking pictures, turned off the Wi-Fi and said they couldn't charge their cellphones because the complex didn't have enough power.

. After everyone started complaining and they found out we were contacting the press, they brought people in. Every time we plugged in an iPhone or something, the cops would come and unplug them. Yet when they moved us in they laid out cable on the table and the electricians told us they were setting up charging stations. But suddenly there wasn't enough power."

It looks like they ended up moving people into the grandstand of the race track according to this article:

People at Monmouth Park shelter will be moved indoors

About 155 people sheltered in the so-called “Camp Freedom” in the Monmouth Park racetrack parking lot were scheduled to be moved indoors to the track’s grandstand Friday, a Red Cross spokeswoman said.

Red Cross volunteers set up more than 200 cots in the main floor area of the grandstand by early Friday afternoon. People in the shelter will have access to indoor toilets, showers and laundry facilities, as well as the Monmouth Cafe concession area within the grandstand, Bowden said.

Looks like they are being very secretive and turning off power to avoid people sending pictures or information about this camp "Freedom" to the media. sounds pretty crazy. And being taken their by bus without being told about it is kind of underhanded. What if these people may have had other plans, or wanted to contact family and friends and leave the area ? It seems like they may be having some of these people their against their will. Can you leave this camp if you want ? Its not that being in a camp like that would be totally bad, but on the other hand it seems pretty meager. No medical personnel, and minimal food, clothing and shelter. It pretty much is what most people have expected a FEMA camp would like like,, at least for now there is some legitimacy to this. Hopefully these people are not trapped their for too long, Also hopefully they can leave soon. In fact they should be allowed to leave at any time. The lack of media reporting on this accurately is also a bit bothersome. Mind you the media doesn't report facts or provide enough information in general anymore at all anyways. What a mess.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join