It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Fog of Secrecy Developing as Huge FEMA Camp is Being Setup in NJ...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Here's some pics of a new FEMA site that was just erected over the weekend in Linden, NJ.

That plant was torn down in 2008 to make way for a building renaissance that so far hasn't happened. But in the past few days what has arisen aren't structures of steel and concrete, but an encampment comprised of wooden poles and white tent bunting.

Though it has been stated that this tent city was erected for power crews, insiders have told residents that FEMA is responsible for this.

Some nearby residents who were keeping a close vigil on the tents were suspicious that it might be one of the FEMA camps of urban legend. That is, a camp set up to house rounded up mutinious American citizens in the event martial law was declared. One person also claimed that they saw black helicopters flying around the site, which is near Linden Airport.

Article

Back story of other FEMA camps in the area where refugees "complain of prison-like conditions" -

...when it became clear that the residents were less than enamored with their new accommodations Wednesday night and were letting the outside world know about it, officials tried to stop them from taking pictures, turned off the WiFi and said they couldn't charge their smart phones because there wasn't enough power," reports Stephen Edelson of the Asbury Park Press.

Article

edit on 11/12/12 by davcwebb because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by davcwebb

So, people displaced shouldn't use these services their tax dollars paid for?

Do you want to see them continuing to freeze, go without food, etc?

In the aftermath of Katrina, there were places like this all over, and huge trailer parks.

People were able to carry on, come and go as they pleased with a home base, allowing them some sort of a normal life.

What's your point, because I see this as much needed services to people on the east coast. Honestly.........pffffftttt!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Ummm...I think they would have put it in an area not effected so it wouldnt be a hinderance to the cleanup
Just sayin...

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Why is the razor/barb wire on the top of the outside fence facing in? That is to prevent an escape. Otherwise the wire would be facing outward to prevent anyone from getting in. Truthfully, why do they need razor wire prevention on this fence at all? Especially ....facing inward to prevent anyone from going over from the inside?
Doesn't seem right to me.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
why would it be in any way a hindrance to the cleanup effort underway?
this just adds another issue to the mess. now people have to travel miles to go to the camp.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

i think i will help my self thank you very much. last thing i want or anyone with a right mind would want is Help from FEMA. not my problem your to lazy to clean up your own messes. how about don;t live in area's that have devastating events. lets all go live under sea level near the sea and then complain when something happens and need help from FEMA. That's our tax money that should be going into roads not some lazy Americans that stand around and complain about a problem that was there fault for living in a area like that in the first place

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by davcwebb

I'm not seeing a conspiracy here. Just much needed help for people who need it. Unfortunately the earth throws a curve ball every now and then. Do you not think its a good idea to have resources for people affected by disasters?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidsHope
Why is the razor/barb wire on the top of the outside fence facing in? That is to prevent an escape. Otherwise the wire would be facing outward to prevent anyone from getting in. Truthfully, why do they need razor wire prevention on this fence at all? Especially ....facing inward to prevent anyone from going over from the inside?
Doesn't seem right to me.

Chances are they are using an area that was already roped off for something, because in Baton Rouge, that is how it was set up for Katrina survivors. They used and area that was designated for fairs, etc...

Jesus, let these poor people have something, and some place to go for a hot shower at least.......

You people are making something out of nothing, and believe me, I have been there and lived through something like this.
edit on 12-11-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnknownEntity4U
reply to post by Sissel

i think i will help my self thank you very much. last thing i want or anyone with a right mind would want is Help from FEMA. not my problem your to lazy to clean up your own messes. how about don;t live in area's that have devastating events. lets all go live under sea level near the sea and then complain when something happens and need help from FEMA. That's our tax money that should be going into roads not some lazy Americans that stand around and complain about a problem that was there fault for living in a area like that in the first place

So what you are saying, is that people shouldnt live anywhere. Not on the east coast becuase of hurricanes. Not on the west coast, they have earthquakes. Not in the south, more hurricanes. Not up north, fault lines.

Come on now. This is just dumb. When a country has a disaster, the government helps. Pretty simple, and the way it should be.

Good to see you value roads over human life.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by UnknownEntity4U

Thats the most cold and ignorant statement i have seen on ATS.

Did you ever think that some of these people don't wanna live where they do, but without enormous amounts of money to be able to survive a relocation. A lot of these people are slaves to the broken, crooked system we call the USA.

They have no hope of moving from their welfare state, and there is no way to prosper in areas like this......just day to day survival.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Fema prison camp??

They better do a better job at building them for one car can take out that fence and set those inside free.

They do seem to be taking long enough to get the ball moving in this help effort.
Perhaps they should do some more drills to realize how important being fast is.
edit on 11/12/2012 by Connman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidsHope

That was my biggest question too, why is the barb wire always facing in?
The fact that it used to be some kind of plant makes that fact even stranger, the inward facing barb wire has to be purposeful for this project, any kind of manufacturer would be more interested in keeping people out, than in.

Furthermore, why didn't they put this up BEFORE the storm so that not as many would have suffered in the first place?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

lol no i don;t value roads over human life. lets see i lived were i am for 25 years and i never had a problem never been in a disaster . if i can do it you can do it. your problems is not my problems. you crash your car why should i pay for it? less i was part of it sure. my point is. you live somewhere were your house gets destroyed well that's not my problem. shouldn't have lived there. no there ant everything happening everywhere at once like you said so you don;t be dumb. we get like 1 hurricane a year and maybe 2 6.0 quakes like really man. ppl need to learn to take care of there own problems. i don;t wanna pay for you to keep leeching

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Sissel

I hope you never need this kind of help, because you might be eating your words for breakfast. People who have lost everything in a disaster, don't even know where their "messes," might be. It could be down the block, in the neighbors yard, or in the ocean. When I went through Katrina, I was located in Kentwood, LA which is quite a ways in from New Orleans, yet I still lost everything I own.

Your right though, the tax dollars could have been spent prior to this so that citizens wishing to get out of harms way could have decent evacuation routes via decent roads for it.

Like I said, I lived well inland from Katrina, and you are aware that some people affected by Sandy were not right on the coast as well don't you?

I'll excuse your assinine comments just going from the belief that anyone is entitled to a bad day, and this must be such for you.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I guess only way to find out if its an alleged prison camp is take p residence there for a bit, then see if you can leave when you want
If they say have a nice day as you walk out, conspiracy debunked, if the stop you and prevent you from leaving, then we got some concerns...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

survival of the fittest. i can take care of my self. thanks though. i don't want anyone's help. i can live on my own. can hunt can survive i don't need ppl to pay my issuers for me.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

lol no i don;t value roads over human life. lets see i lived were i am for 25 years and i never had a problem never been in a disaster . if i can do it you can do it. your problems is not my problems. you crash your car why should i pay for it? less i was part of it sure. my point is. you live somewhere were your house gets destroyed well that's not my problem. shouldn't have lived there. no there ant everything happening everywhere at once like you said so you don;t be dumb. we get like 1 hurricane a year and maybe 2 6.0 quakes like really man. ppl need to learn to take care of there own problems. i don;t wanna pay for you to keep leeching

Ive lived where I am for over 30 years without a disaster. The idea that it COULDN'T happen is ignorant and stupid.

I hope you have to deal with something in your life such as this so that you can understand; as it is, you obviously dont.

This is the biggest problem in america today: the idea that we are not all interconnected, that we are not all responsible for each other. Hate to break it to you, but you're wrong. New York has issues? It effects the economy of the whole nation-scratch that, the whole world. The west coast has a disaster? Guess what, that effects everyone. The south has a disaster? Watch what happens to oil prices. We are all connected, as much as some of you choose to be ignorant of it.

To be strong as a nation, we must be one. To be one, we must all be responsible. Not too tough of a concept.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

lol no i don;t value roads over human life. lets see i lived were i am for 25 years and i never had a problem never been in a disaster .

Wow, really....25? I thought you were far younger. Your problem seems to be your lack of empathy for your fellow human beings. How's that for ya?

if i can do it you can do it. your problems is not my problems.

LOL;.....25, again, really? What have you ever done for yourself being the ripe old age of 25? How did you gain such wisdom for all your years?

you crash your car why should i pay for it? less i was part of it sure.

Do you even own a car? LOL, that is what insurance is for....So, no, you are not paying for somebody else crashing their car.....LOL, omg, I am laughing so hard I have to go puke!

my point is. you live somewhere were your house gets destroyed well that's not my problem.

Well, you know what? You have no point.

shouldn't have lived there. no there ant everything happening everywhere at once like you said so you don;t be dumb. we get like 1 hurricane a year and maybe 2 6.0 quakes like really man. ppl need to learn to take care of there own problems. i don;t wanna pay for you to keep leeching

And, your are 25. Probably don't have a car, and probably don't work. How much have you paid into taxes where you get the idea anybody has ever leeched off of you?

Put your Momma on here. She might have an argument. You have none.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by UnknownEntity4U

Say tonight a Tornado destroys your home and all your close friends and families in your town as well.
Would you accept the help offered for shelter hot meals and a shower by caring people unlike yourself?
You' be that leech and a hypocrite as well just because you got dealt something that everyone in the country didn't.
It's sad knowing there are people like you.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Sissel

Yeah...i can see you don't have an inkling of an understanding how things really work.
Tax dollars are not spent on anything to do with services of any kind, Taxes are collected to pay off the debt incurred by governmental borrowing of a currency they themselves should be printing.
In Fact the debt is so big taxes are only just about keeping up with the interest payments.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join