It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Article Bashes the Growing Number of People That Question Mass Media

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Yah he was truly. My mom used to say he knew everything, and indeed you could ask him anything and he would have an answer....a walking encyclopedia. Everybody liked him. And he wore casual tan corduroys to work every day and no-iron shirts. Also a gun owner who taught me a thing or two. Developed his own patented metal alloys. Dog owner. Sammie Davis Jr had a sculpture of his back in the day. William Webster was a friend of his too.

Anyway enough of my awesome Dad I guess. I am a bit more conspiratorial than him though. My conspiracy theories involve Fallen Angels.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by resoe26

Yah he was truly. My mom used to say he knew everything, and indeed you could ask him anything and he would have an answer....a walking encyclopedia. Everybody liked him. And he wore casual tan corduroys to work every day and no-iron shirts. Also a gun owner who taught me a thing or two. Developed his own patented metal alloys. Dog owner. Sammie Davis Jr had a sculpture of his back in the day. William Webster was a friend of his too.

Anyway enough of my awesome Dad I guess. I am a bit more conspiratorial than him though. My conspiracy theories involve Fallen Angels.

Hell yeah man. Sounds like a super interesting individual!! No doubt! One can learn many things from awesome folks like that! I'm sure you learned more than you can handle from him!
-your explanation of him makes me think of my Grandfather.
He was a boxer and an Engineer. Has quite a few patents through mechanical engineering.
I can remember as a child watching jeopardy with him, amazed at how he could answer every question.
(Hope someday I can do that)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

there is one real problem here with this article cnn has posted. one very huge problem:

this is not journalism. i don't know what they think they're doing by writing articles like that and not placing them solely under "opinion." what cnn is doing and has been doing is NOT journalism. it is not "the news." turning to cnn for credible news information is opting to have a bunch of paid off agents read off of a scripted teleprompter. it's no different when you read articles like this either. they're a personal opinion website. it-is-not-journalism.

i mean what kind of fact checking do they do? when do they research and investigate the issues that we demand to be looked into? do they EVER give only the information, and not their spin?

i'm sure no news organization is capable of releasing a story without some kind of angle, but the most important part of a news organization is its factual integrity. i mean we have to believe what we read, right? have an opinion on something all you like, but give me the cold hard facts to research and decide for myself!

cnn doesn't even scratch the surface on attaining the status of a "reputable news source." i mean we can really talk about how much they're destroying our population by dumbing down their exposure to critical information, but it's really about the simple fact that it's not news. it doesn't even try to be anymore! i mean seriously, what the hell is the goal of this article?

i just read some dude's useless opinion on how everyone posting in here right now pose a huge problem to this country's well being. i mean.. seriously? how can we sum up the right kind of words to show this ignorant "reporter" that we would much rather he lose his job than to keep writing blatantly controlled propaganda for his master's benefit? where are the facts?! where's the news?!

i come here to ATS and i keep finding the same dialogue over and over again - "what are your sources, where did you get that information from, how do you know this information is substantiated and verified?" these are all beautifully constructed dialogues, because so long as we keep doing this, we are the news! we're doing their job for them.

i'd like to see a whole swarm of people DEMAND that cnn releases their sources over and over and over again for all of the BS they spew without backing anything up. i mean really, why isn't anybody mentioning that in cnn's message boards? there's all this ridicule of other members and of cnn itself, but this is precisely what should be demanded of them! where are their sources, what are they, and are they credible?

man i bet cnn would have a difficult time dealing with all the "crazies and paranoids" who are all of a sudden making ridiculous demands of telling cnn to back up their statements with cold hard facts. you know, the stuff that makes journalism, journalism.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Hehe that's a real gem that one is. Ah the evidence of fake news reports are there for all to see, you just need to clear your mind of the conditioning. Nice post though, star for you.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I guess I'm not sure I understand...

Is it inconceivable that the reporter should try and make statements regarding what he has found outside of the danger zone: where, presumably it is quieter and he/she might not be censured for their opinion?

In one of the videos, I see a separate background image that indicates that the reporter is in one place and the other place is where they are looking at the carnage and listening to the actual sounds heard in the areas of carnage.

Are people saying that they would feel safe, if they were to venture to these places where CNN etc... are reporting to have witnessed trouble - because you are sure it is a hoax?

Not that I know that it is not a hoax... If there aren't any other independent witnesses to the situation, I can't actually tell myself. Not that I would 100% believe everything that the MSM reported either. I am a personal witness to their lies... in ways people possibly don't know of yet.

Wonder if anyone could clarify.
edit on 13-11-2012 by sensibleSenseless because: line add

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The really BIG question is, will the mainstream media ever get people back? After exposing themselves as a propaganda machine for Obama, I know I'll never believe them again....and for those who say that FOX is right-wing version of CNN...I say they back big government just as much as the other mainstream networks...Fox spits out the same white house drivel as mainstream clowns.

The media used to go after these politicians and expose corruption--now they are ALL working to ensure these "leaders" stay in power.

Makes me ashamed to be a former journalist...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I prefer to think that more of the everyday folk are waking up.

Didn't I read within the last that the networks were struggling with fewer viewers?

If that is accurate perhaps our wanting to encourage others to not always believe the media spew, and it's is paying off.

Often when I do a search for info ATS come up in the search engine.

This so called bashing will serve us well if we use it as fuel..= more searching for REAL Answers..

thnx for the post

edit on 13-11-2012 by wutz4tom because: my angry hands shake

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Turner sold CNN to AOL/Time Warner years ago. So he's not in control. When he was in charge, it was a much better organization and had real reporters and not all these commentators. CNN International is still kind of decent because Europeans would switch it off if were bogus. Turner says; "He regrets selling CNN" and basically says they have crap content -- just like all us bloggers!

I'm sure the monied people are plotting, but it's probably more direct like the Koch banker meeting. CFR seems fairly benign.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

S&F Good catch, kinda hard to miss though LOL. I don't know about the rest of you peeps, but I haven't watched the news on a TV since the morning of 9/11. I was so thoroughly disgusted in the BS explanations that day and the following days, I just figured that if I want to watch fiction, I'd rent a movie or better yet, just read a book.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
The mainstream media are looking more and more like road kill. The alternative media is going to send them into the dustbin of history or back to the "Ministry of Truth" for retooling.

If they don't get with it and start reflecting reality more accurately, they will be gone.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Question this from CNN.

Terrible mistake?

I wont post the vid but will provide the link. Make sure kids are not around if you choose to listen.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 13-11-2012 by riverwild because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

I hear ya man, I don't listen to or watch the news unless I'm in the mood for laughter and as previously stated it usually turns into anger while seeing what they try and tell us. It's a constant fairy tale and it only gets worse.

As sick as it sounds it's like a real twisted comedy for me, even though it gives me a guilty feeling for exposing myself to that filth.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
It's about time people woke up and realized that the media is a tool to condition people. Big Brother controls it all.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I am surprised nobody has mentioned the "TwentyEightGate" yet, involving the BBC. Some of the BBC execs involved in this are the same as the ones that resigned over the Jimmy Savile pedo scandal. Basically the BBC held a "meeting" to decide on which side of the climate debate to support and/or prevent skeptical views from being heard.

The Secret 28 Who Made BBC ‘Green’ Will Not Be Named
Posted on November 10, 2012

The BBC pits six lawyers against one questioning blogger, Tony Newbery of Harmless Sky, who was making an FOI request for the 28 names. In the process, the judge demonstrates he has partisan views on climate change.

Apparently it is a conspiracy after all.

wattsupwiththat.com...-74210

edit on 13-11-2012 by wlf15y because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I question ATS, never mind major networks.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I tried commenting on the CNN article but it seems closed the commenting section a bit early didn't they? thats not surprising.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Nice! I actually read that CNN article about a week ago and shook my head at whoever had the gall to write this. Disgrace for journalism. And it just goes to show that there are intelligent people out there. Not paranoid.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
You should all do like I did

I e-mail them a link to this thread

now would'tn it be niece if they got 1,000 or 10,0000 of them

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
wohooo this one made my day! someone please tell them to stop whining

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join