It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Article Bashes the Growing Number of People That Question Mass Media

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+110 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I came across this article from "The Vigilant Citizen" website and thought I should share. Many of us are aware of the lies of the media but to have the media themselves ridicule those who question their lies is rather pathetic if you ask me, and to top it off it's CNN making this claim.

vigilantcitizen.com...

Here is a portion from the CNN article:

Still 'paranoid' after all these years

“Yesterday’s paranoid types feared elite groups such as the Illuminati and the Masons. Today’s bogeymen include the members of the Rockefeller-founded Trilateral Commission and the politicians and financiers who attend the monied confab at Bohemian Grove and are suspected of mapping out the “new world order.”

The VC article points out that Ted Turner who is the owner of CNN is part of some of these organizations such as the CFR and is a Bilderberg group which he has visited in the past.

Have the followers of alternative news finally made media corporations such as CNN so desperate that they need to demonize those who question the lies they peddle on a daily basis?

I have seen an increase in mainstream sources poking fun at those "crazy conspiracy theorists" and in my opinion it shows how desperate they are to influence public opinion away from the truth and back to their lies but the line has been crossed. There are so many examples of blatant media manipulation that I could go on listing them for ever but a few examples are the fake first Gulf war broadcast CNN made, and then the BBC claiming WTC 7 collapsed while it was clearly still visible in the skyline on live camera.

How dare we question these people and their lies

I doubt that any of the information I shared is new to most members but I wanted to point out the tactics that CNN have resorted to.

+17 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

It's funny that if you go to the comments, its a MSM bash fest which now it says "comments for this article are closed".

+21 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Too funny!

They're in panic mode! The more people who wake up, the less influence these people will have over OUR world. This is their last ditch effort to save what little hold they have over us!

+39 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
People are getting there news elsewhere and they don't like it.
Maybe they should have thought about the consequences of manipulation a long time ago.

A recent article published on CNN entitled Still ‘paranoid’ after all these years does a great job at equating all those who use critical thinking before guzzling down the toxic drink that is mass media with all kinds of crazy. The word “paranoid” is used about ten times in the article as well as the words “panic”, “wingnut”, “lunatic”, “dupes”, “derangement”, “irrational”, “extremism”, “idiot”, “fearful” and “insecurity”.

They are reduced to name calling, that's all they got now!

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by planefixer

It's funny that if you go to the comments, its a MSM bash fest which now it says "comments for this article are closed".

Good catch

I did not notice that until you mentioned it, and I find it rather amusing.

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

It does seem like a panic driven move, and I hope everyone sees this as this article is surely bound to backfire have the opposite effect than it's original purpose.

This is one of the reasons TPTB want to control the internet because they have long lost their stranglehold on the flow of information.

I tune into CNN and other similar networks if I'm in the mood for a laugh, unfortunately sometimes what I see angers me so it's a double edged sword.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Originally posted by planefixer

Good catch

I did not notice that until you mentioned it, and I find it rather amusing.

Yeah, me too. I think it's awesome. Ultimate fail...

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

They are reduced to name calling, that's all they got now!

Name calling is a pathetic tactic, especially from huge media corporations.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me"

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Seems they can't go on their record.

An act of desperation for sure.

The internet is a good thing, we can directly communicate and analyse all the news that comes our way and run it through our crap filters.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
MSM days are numbered. People in droves are waking up and getting smart to their antics.
I for one find this hilarious.

ETA: Star and flagged. I like this post and a few others by you OP.

edit on 11/12/12 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I read this morning on a mid-east blog that the MSM is afraid of what would happen to it if Obama outs Netanyahue for perpetrating 9-11. I'll find the link and edit it in...

www.presstv.ir...

It's Press TV, but I still thought it interesting.
edit on 12-11-2012 by NightFlight because: added link.

edit on 12-11-2012 by NightFlight because: spellinhg

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Another nail in the coffin of objective reporting from the MSM.... I remember while growing up the 90s as a teen, CNN was the network to watch when "big" things happened in the big world.

How #ing blind was I...

Today I fully acknowledge that CNN is biased, liars, subjective, corrupt, full of #, and I will not hesitate to make people I know or meet aware of their traitorous ways.

This article doesn't just fill the cup, it completely tips it over and destroys whatever minuscule objectivity CNN had left. I will no longer even watch a single piece from them in hope of learning something new.

Thank you for sharing this... no wonder the comments went overboard. What the hell were they thinking printing this?!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I find the article less conspiracy bashing, but ultimately a desire to implant the idea that the only truth is coming from CNN, it even uses the phrase, 'Partisan media' and presumably not a reference to CNN itself. Anyway I was just coming to the conclusion that we are expected to believe that there are no conspiracies, when in the latter stages of the article, the writer trots out what could be considered quite a considerable list of events that had much more than a grain of thruth,
and that includes Climategate, which is still ongoing, and one where recently, a key player was found to have sent an E-mail to a possible publicist, two days after Climategate occurred, so that story is far from over, and not much chance of an overall consensus yet.

edit on 12-11-2012 by smurfy because: Link.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
They only have themselves to blame. The article slightly mentions that

No wonder the so-called mainstream media has trust issues. In the search for ratings and Internet traffic, it gives voice to the same fearful hyperbole found elsewhere in society -- and often plays it for entertainment value. Op Source

Fail to mention that media is changing, being more internet based. Laying blame on conspiracy...citizens "falling for conspiracy" won't change a thing, except cause more biased opinion and division. Look to that being part of their plan, here comes propaganda!

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Yes, screw all the MSM equally because they all are crap. Articles and reports filled with lies, half truths, and disinformation. It's a good thing that people question more instead of blindly accepting what these MSM outlets claim is Truth. Only a MSM outlet would be upset the people are questioning them more and more.

I hate Fox as much as I hate CNN, or any other MSM outlet out there. Let's not forget the Syrian Danny boat of fail!

+17 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

They sure are full of fail lately, here are a couple more recent examples:

This one is totally obvious...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And let's not forget ABC editing Assad to make him look worse in the public eye...

The aired version...

And the full unedited interview...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Fail boat indeed!

The sad thing is that there are a ton of people falling for this crap, but thankfully most of us know better.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
"They must find it difficult… Those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority." -- Gerald Massey

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I look at it this way. They are losing ground and they know it. More and more people are waking up every day. Not everyone, mind you. We still have a vast majority of sheeple, but the old arguments are starting to sound more and more contrived, so now they resort to the old, "I know you are, but what am I?" form of childish banter. Look at the whole ordeal with Karl "Hitler" Rove and the doctoring of the Ohio vote count. Not that it mattered really, but it's just more proof that these bastards just manufacture whatever steaming pile of dog # they think the masses will believe. Pardon my French, but..... # them all.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I LOVE Vigilant Citizen!!! They have awesome articles on there and the person who writes them does their research. I respect them for that.

As for this article of course they want to bash those who question it because they are part of the LIES! They don't like that people are waking up to the lies the media puts out there.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I also think The Vigilant Citizen is a great site, as you said a lot of their content is well researched and it's amazing how much symbolism they have uncovered. They get flamed a lot but anyone with open eyes can see, if they want to. I think CNN really screwed up with this article, but as someone else mentioned in this thread perhaps they had some type of reasoning behind this that we are unaware of....either way it stinks.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join