It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question about past lives.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Not sure if this is the right place, and even less sure I believe in past lives.

But here's my story,

From about age 8 I started having a dream that I repeated hundreds of times.

In this dream I am walking in a shallow river in a jungle setting, with me are about 15 other men and we are all wearing green army fatigues. I have no idea how long the dream lasts but it always ends with muzzle flashes and confusion, then I'd wake up. I also remember radio chatter but nothing specific about it.

So anyway, I had been having this dream for most of my life until about 5 years ago, I was visiting my brother in-law and he got out a bunch of his letters from Vietnam for my wife to read. These were letters they had sent each other and he had saved them. He was a river rat in Vietnam, mostly patrolling the delta on fast boats.

My wife picked up a stack and out dropped a funeral card. I picked it up and looked at it and was struck by the date of death, it was my exact birthday, July 3rd 1967. I asked about the guy and my brother in-law started describing him, ending by saying, "you actually remind me of him".

I had not said a word about the date coincidence, my wife didn't even notice it.

The funny thing is, I haven't had the dream since.

Like I said, I'm not sure I buy into past lives, but this has nagged at me since that day.
edit on 12-11-2012 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
That is an interesting coincidence. I would say that some piece of you buys into it

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by etombo
That is an interesting coincidence. I would say that some piece of you buys into it

Obviously so, since I made the post about it.

But I've never been one to buy into stuff like this so I'm having a hard time with it.

I have a degree in science, I've always been a black and white thinker. So me it's always been proof or it didn't happen.

It's possible that this whole thing was a huge coincidence, but why did the dream stop then?

I'm confused to say the least,

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

You might this video interesting. I did.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Thanks, I did find it interesting.

I think I need to ask my brother in-law for that funeral card, might be time to do some research.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Totally! It would be an interesting adventure, at the very least.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

It's not a question of whether you will Believe or not, it is simply a personal matter for you to decide if you will remain in the same state of awareness or allow yourself to grow further.

The only reason we have things like this to upset our world view is for us to grow beyond our current perceived limitations.

There is no such thing as Coincidence.. everything is related, everything happens for a specific reason that we do not HAVE to understand. We just need to grow with it.

new topics

top topics

join