NY cop, Mark Simmons, promoted after shooting 13 year old girl.

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Mark Simmons, Rochester, NY Cop who Shot 13-Year Old Suicidal Girl, Promoted to Lieutenant

On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 Rochester, NY Police Sgt. Mark Simmons will be promoted to the rank of Lieutenant...

And, once again the Rochester, NY Police department, and current RPD Chief James Sheppard, continue a long practiced ‘Good ol’ boys club’ way of rewarding problem officers with promotions.

On July 10, 2005, 13-year old LaShedica Mason was suicidal, when she locked herself up in the bathroom of her home on St. Jacob Street on Rochester’s eastside.

Her relatives called 911 for assistance.

Minutes later, Rochester Police officer Mark Simmons entered the home and as soon as he saw Mason holding a knife, he shot the 13 year old girl three times, including once in her abdomen.

Shoot first, ask questions later?

I'm not saying that a situation involving a 13yo girl holding a knife should be treated lightly, but shoot/taze/attack happy cops seem to be the new norm.

Give her a warning? Maybe taze her? If you absolutely have to shoot, aim for her leg? I mean, it is someone's life...

At minimum, you would think that he was removed from street duty right? Nope. Instead he was promoted to Sergeant and now Lieutenant...

Disgraceful.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I thought that Americans were supposed to be more free than the rest of us. Perhaps your problem lies in the fact that your police are not subject to the very laws which they enforce. I know they technically are supposed to be accountable to the laws, but in reality they aren't.
edit on 12-11-2012 by NysgjerrigDame because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
And people all over the place want to ask why American citizens should have the right to bear arms...

Well I tell you what - if that was my daughter (whether she is suicidal or not) and a cop comes into my home and and kills my daughter, I'm taking down that cop. Hell, all 3 of us may die that day but there is no way I'm letting anyone take down any part of my family.

Keep calling the cops = keep losing family.

edit on 12-11-2012 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Ahhh yes... Police logic these days. See two guys having a fight? Well, you don't just break it up! What fun is that?? You separate them then beat the stuffing out of them both, if not taze them a few times too. Have a young boy or girl threatening suicide?? Well, surely they wouldn't actually be holding a weapon of some kind while threatening THEMSELVES with death...how silly.. so we must assume a knife or gun in the hands of a suicidal child is entirely meant to hurt the first cop called to the scene.

Naturally then....shooting the suicidal child to save them from killing themselves makes 100% perfect sense.

....and the band plays on while this guy gets his bars and a whole new level of responsibility and power. Oh, Rochester, for shame!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Ok this is how that went down in 2005. So I see not much wrong with it. He could not use a taser on her. And if some one rushed at me with a knife I would shoot too. But really this happened in 2005 not yesterday.www.nacole.org...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

Except he didn't kill her. She was shot in the finger, the arm, and the abdomen, after charging the cop and her sister. She was listed in guarded condition after being taken to the hospital.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by silverflame
Ok this is how that went down in 2005. So I see not much wrong with it. He could not use a taser on her. And if some one rushed at me with a knife I would shoot too. But really this happened in 2005 not yesterday.www.nacole.org...

I would stick my foot out and kick her in the chest. If I'm the cop, I have a bulletproof vest on, I'm in a narrow hallway (advantage cop), I have a baton, I'm probably a foot taller and 100 lbs heavier and I have hand to hand combat training, I have pepperspray.

But go ahead, look away because it's been deemed "appropriate"

You make me

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Except he didn't kill her. She was shot in the finger, the arm, and the abdomen, after charging the cop and her sister. She was listed in guarded condition after being taken to the hospital.

When using firearms, Rochester police officers are trained to aim for the center mass of a life-threatening person. This is considered the most effective way to stop a threat because someone shot in the arm or leg could still pose a threat, and an officer has an increased chance of missing the target.

As stated above, they are trained to aim for the center mass of a life-threatening person... it seems he intended to kill. 3 shots... I wonder. Not sure if he has incredible aim or incredibly bad aim due to panic or what not.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Have you ever watch cops shooting? It's almost funny. Unless they are SWAT most cops can barely qualify, unless they trained before they became police officers. They might be trained to aim center mass, but that doesn't mean that they are going to hit, as evidenced by the fact that one of his shots hit her in the finger.

Why do you think there are so many cases of police shooting over 100 times, and finding less than 10 bullets in the person shot, sometimes as low as 5 or 6.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

So what she was going to hurt herself. She rushed a cop like duh what would you think would happen. But yeah if this ever happens to you kid let her take her own life. So when you are standing over you daughters grave thank god a cop did show up and not kill her.

new topics

join