It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Lied to by 'Conservative Entertainment Complex'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Im a conservative libertarian, go ahead and flame me, and the republican party went off the deep end this last week. They threw out all there "values" and are now pandering. Makes me sick. These bumbs need to be kicked out.

I also listen to Hannity on the radio sometimes and I heard he now said he’s ok with amnesty after the elections. If this is true I’m done with his show. You need to stand up to your values not pander and cater.

One guy I don’t hear much about in the media is Mark Lavin. I love that guy. He’s a true Conservative / libertarian and he has been going off on the republican party this last week. He is on the verge of leaving them. He was saying from the start that Romney is not the guy to beat Obama but if he wins the nomination for the republican party he would back him for the sake of voting the lesser of two evils.
edit on 12-11-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

AMERICAN conservatives are like deaf people singing opera.

That's all there is to say.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Proof of this; Megan Kelly asking Karl Rove if he was using Republican math on election day.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thepump

What you had to say wasn't very constructive. I created this thread because I found what David Frum, a fairly well-known conservative pundit, said about the conservative media this election cycle, i.e. that it lied to its audience, to be refreshingly honest and perceptive, and I wanted to bring it to the attention of the conservatives at ATS and see what their honest responses are to it. I did not create the thread to rub their faces in it.

Yours and the post right below yours, with a link to a John Stewart video ridiculing the GOP, are just more of the typical "gotcha" comments that the two main ideological groups here at ATS throw at each other. If you have a problem with Sean Hannity, for example, then give some good examples of why you dismiss him (don't get me wrong, I am not defending him) as not being honest or being extreme in his rhetoric -- hopefully with examples that conservatives will have to concede to.

All but one of the conservatives commenting here so far have provided honest reactions, addressing the matter -- and I really do appreciate that. I would hope that liberals commenting in this thread could refrain from the usual political sniping and join in a serious and honest discussion. By that I mean give concrete examples of extreme or mendacious memes by the conservative media, but ixnay on the belittling stereotypes, ad hominem attacks and generalizations, por favor.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

Well I'll agree to an extent, at least not every republican is a moron and can't see what is right in front of them. Which in this case is a dead party if action isn't taken.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
hey, c'mon....like most of what the media conservatives say....it's not our policies. it's how we communicated them to the voters, we just have to tone down the rhetoric....

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Covering up or not playing a story because of image on a supposedly unbiased newssource is just the
same as lying.

All entertainment news lies.

They lie everyday.

We have known for a long time they lied in order to get the nomination. We know they cheated and swayed opinions based on falsehoods.

What is he saying that we havent already been saying? We know all this.

They never ask us about it though now do they? We question them daily and get lies for answers.

Dont be blind and think its not happening on your favorite propaganda channel. You are being owned just by watching it.

Even making their name in negative light is still shining the attention towards them and not you.

Its not partisan- its worldwide trickery.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
This is something many of us already knew, and this is one reason I despise the Republican Party. Blind followers comprise it, for the most part, and many of the views are nearsighted and outdated. The lies of right wing media is probably the thing that irks me the most as well, and I cannot watch those channels and programs any longer, because every time I do I get physically ill. That is how bad it is. I get sick because I start thinking that "oh my God, there are thousands upon thousands of people who are believing this nonsense," and I just wonder how the truth can ever come out with such powerful liars feeding these people information on the current state of affairs around the globe.

And I get really mad at the followers, because they do not care to fact check for themselves. If I had a nickel for every former Rep. who said that they became disenfranchised after fact checking for themselves, I would have a lot of nickels. But those are the types of people who have some sense, and finally take the steps necessary to realize they are being deceived. The OutFoxed documentary is one of my favorites, but it makes me sick watching it as well, and that is just ONE network. Every right winger I know can spout Oreilly quotes by heart, for a variety of scenarios. Those are not views they cultivated on their own, rather that is what they believe because people like Oreilly tell them that is what the truth is. Sickening.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
None of the main stream media is actual news anymore. it is not investigative journalism anymore. It is not the collection and presentation of facts anymore. It is "entertainment" filled with opinion and editorial.

What is terrible from both sides is that they pick and choose what to relay to their audiences and how to "spin" it to get a desired emotional reaction. When a publicity group can edit out soundbites or video footage to alter the perception of what is happening or being said, we have a real problem.

I cannot blame some of the big fans of the left or right media. They have a perspective and they want to watch a news source that they believe is representing their point of view. The problem is, it is generally manipulated to meet that expectation...the facts are not as important as creating an image that will cause viewers to tune in again and again.

Yes, I do believe that singular news sources can bite you with reality. In this case, the conservative media and talk show hosts...intentionally twisted information and gave their audiences a false picture of reality and we can see now that perhaps that was a bad idea. Had many conservatives known that the polls for Obama were not skewed, that Romney was not going to win in a landslide victory...they may have gotten off the couch and got involved more. However, with Rush and Hannity and a few others out there broadcasting it was going to be a monumental win...some folks sit there and gloated a fantasy image of sure fired victory.

Those that are really uspet at the outcome of the election need to give a skeptical eye at your sources. They did not tell you the truth and allowed people to be complacent when they needed to be active.

I knew my guy wasn't going to win, but I voted for him anyway and will vote for him again if he runs in 2016. I am a Libertarian and I believe in the party platform...period. I am not pleased that Obama won but I would not have been pleased if Romney won. i disagreed with them both on far more than I agreed with.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

It seems to be pretty obvious, even to this poor ignorant foreigner (and Frum is Canadian, too btw), that the GOP no longer represents the majority of the American people. What is so hard to understand about that?

Perhaps they ought to be supporting an environment of productive compromise, instead of practicing the politics of "NO!" Obviously, that is not what the majority of Americans are looking for.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I like how when conservatives get heated nowadays instead of refuting claims and stating facts it becomes about refuting facts and stating claims.

I am conservative-libertarian, or centrist, or whatever the hell political term it is nowadays. And all I have to say is -- when did it happen?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thepump

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Im a conservative libertarian, go ahead and flame me, and the republican party went off the deep end this last week. They threw out all there "values" and are now pandering. Makes me sick. These bumbs need to be kicked out.

I also listen to Hannity on the radio sometimes and I heard he now said he’s ok with amnesty after the elections. If this is true I’m done with his show. You need to stand up to your values not pander and cater.

One guy I don’t hear much about in the media is Mark Lavin. I love that guy. He’s a true Conservative / libertarian and he has been going off on the republican party this last week. He is on the verge of leaving them. He was saying from the start that Romney is not the guy to beat Obama but if he wins the nomination for the republican party he would back him for the sake of voting the lesser of two evils.
edit on 12-11-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

Please elaborate, your statement is so thought provoking and full of intelligent examples.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Yes, hannity, actually the whole establishment has had a coming to jesus moment on immigration. on hannitys radio show he said we gotta close the borders, give all the illegals here a path to citizenship, and stop going on about it..its over, they embrace it.

Looks like when the dream act is resurrected, it will be almost unanimous verses full republican block.

Congratulations on coming into the present on one issue anyhow...sort of disgusting that it has to be clearcut pandering verses a thoughtful stance though.

David Frum is a bit of a partisan hack, but he is at least a honest one who knows when a lie is a lie...unlike many, he will identify a problem and try to fix it verses the typical right wing ignore any and all problems forever.

As the world evolves, so does the US, and so do political partys. Evolve or die.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I myself am a registered Republican and some one who identifies with a conservative ideology. However, I have a pretty big libertarian streak and have been a Ron Paul supporter since the 08 election. My life has been made incredibly difficult, as most of you probably understand, by the right-wing propaganda machine that involves leaders of the GOP and their media cheerleaders like O'Reilly and Limbaugh.

I have big issues with the official social views of the conservative movement and although I'm not liberal really in any way (I believe in small, efficient government. Government has an important role) I tend to get along with many liberals better because I believe the federal government should not be dictating to people what they can and cannot do in the privacy of their own homes, who they can and cannot marry, and whether a woman has the ability to make an important choice about her body and her child.

I'm also deeply sickened by the WAY the right lies. In reality, both sides of the paradigm do practically the same thing, but maybe it's because I am witness to more of the hate speech from the right that I am sickened by it. For instance, last night on Bill O'Reillys show he was talking with 2 people about the election and the current state of affairs and they got on the topic of food stamps. Now, usually the rhetoric is that the Obama administration and their economic policy is absolutely destroying our country in almost every facet, yet in this conversation that wasn't the angle he was spinning. Bill wanted to know WHY so many people are on food stamps and he carefully danced around his phrasing of the question saying, "The economy isn't THAT bad.. Why are so many people on food stamps?" So - when its convenient the Obama administration is ruining the economy but when it isn't convenient, the economy is doing okay!

Not the best example, but this is what the media does. Both left and right.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive
David Frum, Newsweek columnist, former George W. Bush speech writer (he came up with "the axis of evil" line), and conservative pundit, said on the Morning Joe Show that Republican leaders cowards and that the right-wing base was lied to by the "Conservative entertainment Complex" (CEI) (read FOX news, Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck and the usual suspects), adding that the GOP has been taken over by fear-mongers.

I came to this same conclusion when I heard Limbaugh, Hanity, and Lavin, lying about Ron Paul, all saying the exact same thing, on the exact same day. After that I knew they were shills, just like all the other msm.

I've always voted republican till this election. Now I have no one to vote for. I used to think there was a difference between republicans, and democrats, but now I can see there isn't. Probably at one time they were different, but that time is long past. Both are for big government now., and both are totally corrupt.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I have to say Fox News is defensively the worst offender out there. I can see the bias on MSNBC and other "liberal" media out there but nothing comes close to Fox News. It's like they don't even try to bring the real news anymore, they just pick the latest news out there and change them a bit to suit their agenda and they don't seem to try to hide it, guess it's because their viewers just keep eating up every lie they say.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Maybe the problem is not that conservatives were lied to, maybe the problem is that Obama stole the election.

obamavoterfraud.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Hillarie

Well it's a good thing Romney gave his concession speech so quick and hasn't been around and in the public eye challenging the election results... Otherwise Obama might get away with it!

Wait... Oh no, I got that backwards.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
If you are a Republican or Democrat who falls at all in line with the establishment, you are likely someone who mostly just goes along with what you are told...some may use the term 'sheep,' but whatever.

I forgot ATS is an establishment site now, though. Republicans vs. Democrats! Go on! It's like MSNBC vs. Fox News here most of the time...non-establishment site, aye?

edit on 13-11-2012 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Whoo talk about lack of comprehension or did I express myself that badly? As to violence from the left the attacks on Tea Party people by the unions seems to come to mind as well and equating Gifford's attacker with the right seems a little over board. When I was a liberal democrat I was not threatened with death by conservatives. Funny the local liberals have threatened both my and the members of my family's lives this time around.

As to my argument about conservative news telling lies. Funny I disagreed with the OP. I NEVER said they lied to keep the right from being violent. I said that if they lied it had to be for more then money. That possibly both sides were being conned as I also so a lot of lying by the left as well. Telling the truth but not the whole truth, or not telling story's that are contrary to your bias is lying as well.

My comment about conservatives wanting to leave the USA was because maybe they do not want to be caught up in the violence I believe is coming. Most conservatives would prefer to walk away from a fight then indulge in one.

So if you can put away your bias that gives you blinders long enough to actually read what I thought I would be interested in why you think the right wing media REALLY lied. Money does not make sense. Civil war or riots might.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Do to someone misreading my earlier post I have got to thinking. This is a conspiracy site so lets think like it is a conspiracy. Money is not enough as that media discredited itself. So what else has happened. The left has been jumping all over the right. They are talking at least in these threads about confiscating businesses. Pension funds. 401K's. Stocks. Who has these things? Seems there has been a refrain of OLD WHITE MEN lately who are now considered to be the reason for all that is wrong with the world. Humm. I wonder if prior to this election and the way it was conducted if anyone would have even considered doing these things before. Of course what is taken will go to the government coffers where it will be handed out mostly to company's that are FOR the democratic party. Much more money involved then in say advertiseing. Much more power too. Maybe an interesting possibility to think about?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join