It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cuba may soon be a cigar if it keeps this up

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Castros Craze, click me!!!

it would appear that the cubans are acting up again. i haven't even considered them as anything more than a sidelined supporter of terrorism, while not extravagantly threatening the us, miami is no doubt within the range of a cuban attack. even with the patriot system, a last ditch bombardment by cuba could hurt more than any overseas war as of yet. who knows where this'll go

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I hope this is just a minor ripple. Hopefully not another Cuban military crisis again. Thing is i doubt we would let it go so far now. If they were to threaten us credibally then we would hit them in an instant. Cuba is pretty much in the range of all our aircraft bases if we wanted. Plus aircraft carriers and battle fleets anphibious assults i dont think hitting the homeland this close to us would be the smartest thing. CUBA is mearly just talkin # it cant back up.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 08:32 PM
link   
i belive it possible for the us to clear out cuba without risking a single soldier. hit their bases with land based missles, easy enough for us, then helicopter and fighter raids by the usaf, followed by a temporary occupation force to be put in place after the military has been routed, and maybe we can try to not blow our own selves up this time.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Well this time they don't got Che Guevara. Cuba is not even communist because it is not run right. It is run under dictatorship by Castro and i believe Cuba won't really succeed because who will support them?

Their Weapons are obsulete maybe Cuba should back out for a while and maybe wait lol...

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 05:03 AM
link   
i hope somebody has is or has cuban friends, because u can ask them the "USA secret military operations runned in cube from more than 50 years", that is terrorism, Cuba is just a poor country with very kindly ppl....

Men the Usa army has done one of their worst campaigns in South america, in all the countries, running black ops... And then they blame cuba for terrorism, this is ironic hipocryte sarcastic and cinical at the same time!!

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 09:37 AM
link   
if Castro's ready to quit, he could just step down....

This is like an ant biting you and saying "let's go buddy"...

"Castro labeled Bush �an unbridled fanatic� who threatens Cuba and the world with �a fascist tyranny.�

Hehe, talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

He also mentioned it would be a long struggle...
Now, I know that not many Cubans likely have TVs, but you would think Castro does, and watched the news...

Iraq took 3 weeks, Cuba would be like 3 days...
And it would even more surgical than Iraq. I don't have a single Cuban friend that wouldn't be happy to see Castro go...and I live in Florida, so I have quite a few...

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   
but gazrok, what about the excellent Cuban health care system Castro offers the Cubans?

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
but gazrok, what about the excellent Cuban health care system Castro offers the Cubans?

What about the american social insurance?

U have to be rich to have nice health, the poor is death!!

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I am not rich though I am insured - and in perfect health. Socialized medicine is a terrible idea. And what burns me is Americans often pay higher prices because other countries, such as Canada, have socialized healthcare...but that's another topic all together.

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   
ask a Canadian about waiting lists to see a doctor if it isn't an emergency....

Like Bob...I'm certainly not rich...not poor, but not rich...and I pay a ton for my medical insurance...

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 02:25 PM
link   
i'll say this, Capitalist country tries to suck the money out of anyone, even when it comes to your health.

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Okay so um yeah, let's stick to the topic please. lol.

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   
of what exactly? The missiles they have, if they even make it here anymore..., are more likely to go into the swamp, than a population center. Florida (even the cities), is a pretty spread out place... Sure there would be some casualties...but nothing grand... And it'd be more likely (through our itelligence sources there), that we'd know of this far in advance, and have the patriots, etc. in place (likely HELs would be debuted publicly as well...), and then a pre-emptive would be launched against them...taking out the missiles before they even launched....

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Socialized health care is one of the very pillars of democracy. How can you claim "all men equal" when your neighbour rots on your driveway ?

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   
i see only a few scenarios for war with cuba. the first is most likely in that it it the supporting and encouragement of terrorism close to home. the second is in the event of world war three, cuba'd be an enemy no doubt.

here is how scenario one would play out. in the coming months, cuba will be propagandised as the next greatest supporter of terrorism and threat closest to the us. the people will be afraid cos there is an enemy that can hit us. no doubt the un will get involved, but it'll be the same as iraq. i see this being more naval than the massive land invasion we saw in iraq. coastal bombardments and stuff, this'll be the last time naval warfare will play a great importance in war for anything other than being air carriers and cruise missle stations.
the invasion would begin with aerial bombardments from fighters and frigates deployed in florida and the gulf bases. havana will be pretty much devastated, but at the same time, many missles would hit miami. say even a hundred were launched.
50% would be hit by patriots
25% would miss their targets

however, 25 missles hitting a highly populated civilian area is NOT good. especially considering the warning would be little. if any, nothin more than ten minutes. casualties would be high on both ends, we'd be victorious, but we'd loose in the view of the worlds politcal eye, (if it's possible to get any lower)

the second scenario is world war three. i can't really put this out as anything different from above other than the reason for war. cuba would no doubt be a staging grounds for other countries, however difficult it'd be for the others to get that close to us, and probably be devastated worse than above.

only other scenario i see is the cuban emissary pissing on the head of the us ambassador at the next UN meeting. lol.

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 12:11 AM
link   
You know I was going to be quiet about this one and then Cold Anger had to say what he said

About 7 years ago I went to an ATM machine which was located in a gas station which was actually the last one before one traveled to the Florida keys on US1. There with my ATM card I pulled out $100 dollars. One month later my statement arrived from my bank and in it included a $5 charge for using that ATM machine.

My fingers were especially fast the day as I dialed the number to my bank. They informed me that the reason the charge was so high is that the ATM machine I had used. Belonged to a consortium of which Cuba was a member.

That is illegal I cried out Cuba has no legal right to profit from US monetary interactions. My funds were returned but it was apparent that Castro's Cuba had its claws in American banking.

Fidel Casto is for all intent and purposes a parasite and despite the fact he executed two people who were accused of hijacking a boat to get to the US.

His delegation in the UN is currently a part of the Human Rights commission with respect to the UN

He stands accused of sending Cuban spy�s into Miami in an effort to undermine the social system in America. But as well I personally accuse him of infiltrating Children and Family services (an easy way to access information on Cuban refugees). Which by the way is a real mess upon close inspection (guess why).

We should drop as many bombs upon this jacka$$ as we did upon Iraq.

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I'd say it's shameful that right-wing hatespewers infiltrated ATM's hotline services. Would he also give you a same information about the Bushes holding capital of their company ? Would you then be a leftist activist today because of that ? Dont be childish, please

[Edited on 4-5-2003 by Maxwell Smart]

VzH

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 05:46 AM
link   

We should drop as many bombs upon this jacka$$ as we did upon Iraq.

international laws...

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 11:55 AM
link   
MS I only used the ATM issue as an example of what Castro did to this city of which the rest can be considered an act of war (I did mention Children and Family services).

You may chose to laugh but to be honest it is the result of your own ignorance (Do you keep up with
what has been going on in that department?)

Tell you what why don't you come on down and work for that department for about 8 months you will not be laughing then.

The good news is it�s not as bad as it used to be

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 02:04 PM
link   
ok ... just read that new's article. What I can tell from it ... Castro doesn't want a conflict. So what's the big problem? Haven't heard anything from cuba till recently now ....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join