It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World of Warcraft - Is it an Illuminati recruitment and training game?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Currently there are over ten million WoW players across the globe. Such players trollop around caves casting spells and hacking away at enemies with various weapons. Cool.

Did you know that the spells cast are in various natural forms such as Earth, Air, Fire and Water? These four elements are the base of Illuminati Alchemy from where modern science and the current day Illuminati build their empire on.
So could it be that WoW is a Illuminati recruiting and training ground?

The evidence suggests so as the base of the Illuminati science of the past in present everytime that someone's character casts a spell that deals with any of four forces of mother nature.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Have you never played a role playing game?

Almost every single RPG has the elemental properties... where somebody might be resistant to this element, but weak against another element...

Why does this concept mean Illuminati?

What about the game "The Secret World" where you play as secret societies, one being Illuminati...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I played WoW for about 3 years before quitting cold turkey.

After reading the chat for that long I think it may be more a giant middle school chat room with interactive graphics rather than an Illuminati recruitment tool..

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Your right about the creative aspect of the game being highly influenced by the game. But no it is not.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
No...

What???

No.

Not everything has to be a conspiracy.

And besides, of all the people they could recruit why would they trust random online gamers? How would good WoW players make good Illuminati agents?

Can't see it.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I hope it is...

it would mean they have finally given up all attempt at only recruiting the wealthy and powerful into there ranks,

its about time they swell the 13-25 year old pastey boring section of there secret society.
edit on 12-11-2012 by GonzoSinister because: i spell bad

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dryson
Such players trollop around caves

One of the biggest game worlds in gaming history and this is what you ascertain? Nice assumption on the "Elements" by the way, there's one, perhaps 2 at a stretch, classes that heavily utilise elemental play.

It irritates me to see such poor research into something such as this. You're in the same class of people who blame school shootings and drug abuse on games like Doom and Grand Theft Auto.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Currently there are over ten million WoW players across the globe. Such players trollop around caves casting spells and hacking away at enemies with various weapons. Cool.

You mean like this?

Only in Hollywood.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

So could it be that WoW is a Illuminati recruiting and training ground?

What do you think?

Or are you an illuminated one who wants to know how many ATS'ers know that multiple earths running parallel to this one are soon going to be accessable via stargates and portals.

Opps i just gave the future game world away.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Having played it since launch, it has no Illuminati aspects to it. The cdc did use it for modeling of a disease outbreak once based on a game fluke.

Or was it?

Perhaps wow models commerce, disease spread and how people can unify against a common foe?

Will all wow players be labeled as insurgents?

Aaaaaaaaah

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Shhh! The Secret World only has about a half a million players. That's 1 in 12,000 people. Obviously -- an elite secret society compared to World of Warcraft.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
You should look deeper into WoW's grandfather, the original role playing game from the 1970s, Dungeons and Dragons to understand where all of this interest into alchemy, magic and interest into fantasy came from that influenced middle-class teens and young people around the world, which set the stage for today's obsessions with gaming and internet culture.

This "recruitment" has been growing strong for decades, you're too late, the damage is done, the gnostic's won.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
For real though, are you serious? Or does this belong in the jokes forum...If this is a training program for the illuminati then I've been training for 8 yrs and no one has contacted me about joining. Does this mean I'm not good enough? How disappointing.
If you look at any other game or MMO that uses magic you will discover that magic is stemmed from the elements in some form or another. Claiming something is illuminati because of the presence of elemental magic is just silly.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
reply to post by morder1

Shhh! The Secret World only has about a half a million players. That's 1 in 12,000 people. Obviously -- an elite secret society compared to World of Warcraft.

Lol!!

I played it for a few months, it was decent, but not enough story play for me, got to be a grind for gear, and lost interest... The mission/quests were pretty good though, actually had to use your brain to figure out the puzzles

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Oh gawd here we go again.....

.....OK yes, you are correct. I have been playing WoW since launch and have made my way up the rank and file of the Illuminati and I now own the world.

By the way, my records show you haven't payed me for the air you have used since birth - I demand payment of $10 quadrillion dollars be payed to my account in the name of "Kryties is your God".

*******Back to reality*********

Short answer - No.

Long answer - No.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
WoW as a brainwashing medium? sure

WoW as flag waving propaganda? Sometimes it seems that way but i think the writers are just mainly lazy

WoW as a recruitment tool? If you've spent over 10 min in trade chat, this would horrify you. Not because of some vast illuminati plot, but the simple idea that ANYONE from WoW would be in charge of ANYTHING is just.... horrifying.

And yeah, the elemental strong vs. this, weak vs. that has been around for a lot longer than WoW, and WoW basically dropped that aspect years ago anyway. I went through cata as a fire mage and never got a single resist... and everything was on fire. Bad troll is bad.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I doubt it is a recruitment tool however I do feel that everything operates in layers. What I mean by this is that on one layer WoW or anything else like it is a way to generate money for the people involved, then there is a layer where it is entertainment. Then you have a layer where it is a distraction from current events , then you have the layer where it is soft indoctrination of new age ideas.

Some may disagree but I think the idea is something like this your kid brother/cousin/sister etc lets say is 13 years old. They play WoW and start to wonder about magic. This harmless inquiry leads to a Google search on magic. This search leads to people like Aleister Crowley, Gerald Gardner, Manly P Hall, Helena Blavatsky, David Wilcock, Michael Tsarion, Jordan Maxwell, soon you have an impressionable youth that is ripe for indoctrination to the new world religion. This is the externalization of the Hierarchy. As long as people only see one layer of things in the most simplistic terms (entertainment) people are going to continue to be reeducated in this manner.

top topics

join