It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Second Sun. Call it what you wish, but it is HERE**

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by siliconpsychosis
oh i do hope he comes back
im gonna miss all the nibiru / second sun hilarity.

At least he got the attention he was in need of so badly, attention w.... he is

I can boldly state that the three or more hours i spend with this horse puke were not wasted!!
Laughing is really good for the entire biological system

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
reply to post by Wolfenz

We would stop. If you'd stop spreading fear for no reason. Trying to cause panic, for no reason.

You are obviously a person that fears the unknown, or uncertain, and with your lack of knowledge in this area, it's quite apparent that for you this subject is even more unknown and uncertain.

Try learning about it and you just may feel a bit less of a need to spread panic or fear.

Accusing me of Fear Mongering, you might want to tell the Owners of some sites like

, Science Daily & Space.com for example to Stop

Trying to Cause Panic LOL ( Just Spreading the News )

Its the BIG WHY Question WHY so Many EarthQuakes , Strange Tempatures, Strange Noises in the Sky MASS Animal Death's , Tornado's , Hurricanes , Tsunami's

and that this Years , have you seen the Media News! Have you been Watching ?

Could it be Dark Matter , a large objects Rouge Dead Star , Planets , or the Intersteller Cloud I have just Mentioned

Fear the Unknown NAhh Lack of Knowlege of the sites ive posted

Tell Me what is going on Ats Mail me not here ....

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

This is no time to quarrel. At least wait until the ban hammer stops ringing. We just lost perhaps our greatest false prophet.

a large objects Rouge Dead Star

Is this thing made of makeup? FFS, it's rogue!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfenz

reply to post by Wolfenz

We would stop. If you'd stop spreading fear for no reason. Trying to cause panic, for no reason.

You are obviously a person that fears the unknown, or uncertain, and with your lack of knowledge in this area, it's quite apparent that for you this subject is even more unknown and uncertain.

Try learning about it and you just may feel a bit less of a need to spread panic or fear.

Accusing me of Fear Mongering, you might want to tell the Owners of some sites like

Its the BIG WHY Question WHY so Many EarthQuakes , Strange Tempatures, Strange Noises in the Sky MASS Animal Death's , Tornado's , Hurricanes , Tsunami's

Could it be Dark Matter , a large objects Rouge Dead Star , Planets , or the Intersteller Cloud I have just Mentioned

But you see, that is all those places did: reported a scientific article from a well known scientific journal.

It's people like you (and others) that take that news, and try to make it into something that it's not: a doomsday article.

People that have a serious lack of understanding of things like astronomy, physics, astrophysics read something that they don't understand, and instead of trying to learn what it's about, they run around like chicken little yelling that the sky is falling.

So again, it's not they who are publishing information that is causing panic or fear, it's people taking that information and turning it into something that it is NOT and trying to spread panic and fear.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge
reply to post by eriktheawful

when he/she zooms in and out would it not move as well (sundog)
it looks like its in the exact same place in the sky imho

im no sun dog expert but if the sun is not in the picture
do you still get a sun dog in said picture ?
edit on 18/11/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

Why do you think when you zoom in and out the sundog would move, if you zoomed in on a building would a building move

The sundog is caused by a set of conditions in the atmosphere NOT the camera so of course you can take a picture of a sundog without the sun in view

A sundog is an optical phenomenon that is sometimes observed in the sky when sunlight interacts with ice clouds or particles in the atmosphere

The lack of understanding shown on here at times makes me think many on here spent their childhood with their eyes closed!
edit on 20-11-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

It seems to me that some people (such as maryhinge) are confusing "sundog" and "lens flare". Sundogs and lens flare are NOT the same thing. Like you said, lens flare is caused by the camera and sundogs are an atmospheric phenomenon (slightly related to rainbows) that can be seen with your own eyes.

edit on 11/20/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: grammar

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
In the end the simple point is thusly.

There is no planet/brown dwarf/Nibiru orbiting a dark or light second sun that anyone can see anywhere on the planet, and this mythical creation is not going to slam into Earth this year or any other year.

That's the bottom line of this all, it's just simply not true.....

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08
In the end the simple point is thusly.

There is no planet/brown dwarf/Nibiru orbiting a dark or light second sun that anyone can see anywhere on the planet, and this mythical creation is not going to slam into Earth this year or any other year.

That's the bottom line of this all, it's just simply not true.....

Hi vkey,

I understand why you say its simply not true, but it was true enough for some to take their lives.

I think a different approach is needed to doom and gloom ideas and concepts to those that are stuck in a world where the walls seem to be crumbling around them. It seems as though the debunking efforts of these ideas has expanded another paranoid concept of many us being disinfo agents, where as I and i think others started thinking that some posters pushing this second sun or Nibiru theories are provocateurs who are either trolling or worse of somehow connected to anything that might be trying to make a profit of all the 2012 hogwash.

I mean I even thought about any Joe Blow who owns a Army Surplus store where one can buy everything one needs for living in the wild could join many conspiracy sites and start pushing the idea that society will fail or something major will happen so its best to be prepared.

I believe Walmart in the US are or were selling something in regards to a survival kit with everything from food and water and other supplies. There was a thread on this a while ago.

People selling/building bunkers for profit could be members pushing doom and gloom for the off chance it might improve their business.

Its been a frustrating road we have traveled to come to this point, when/if it passes we'll have many new doom and gloom theories to rip into as this never ending cycle of chaos creating order will be here a long time after you an I are gone.
edit on 20-11-2012 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

That was my biggest problem about the whole 2012 thing. That teenagers and others took their lives because of this nonsense. But we still have people even on this site, with all the proof thrown at them that say it's a huge coverup and we're all gonna die...

It needs to end...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Jeez who let John Lear start posting again?

if there was a 2nd sun in our galaxy there would be no life on earth a loooong time before it was visible. And a second sun approaching our galaxy would be detected millions of years before it arrived anyhow.

Someone put John Lear back to the old folks home and feed him his oatmeal, next he'll be trying to sell us Soul Catchers on the dark side of the moon.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation
reply to post by Wolfenz

This is no time to quarrel. At least wait until the ban hammer stops ringing. We just lost perhaps our greatest false prophet.

a large objects Rouge Dead Star

Is this thing made of makeup? FFS, it's rogue!

you were saying ??

Earth Orbit Tilted By Rogue Star, New Research Suggests
| Posted: 11/15/2012 1:51 pm EST Updated: 11/16/2012 1:50 pm EST

www.huffingtonpost.com...

yeah 4 days Ago ...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

reply to post by Wolfenz

But you see, that is all those places did: reported a scientific article from a well known scientific journal.

It's people like you (and others) that take that news, and try to make it into something that it's not: a doomsday article.

People that have a serious lack of understanding of things like astronomy, physics, astrophysics read something that they don't understand, and instead of trying to learn what it's about, they run around like chicken little yelling that the sky is falling.

So again, it's not they who are publishing information that is causing panic or fear, it's people taking that information and turning it into something that it is NOT and trying to spread panic and fear.

Ahh Im not Saying its Fact and i Did not say its a Doomsday Artical

Well this Solar system has gone throught this Type of Cloud many times in its Galactic Year Cycle
Mass Destruction maybe maybe not but there were mass extintions in Our Planets Life Time
but there will be a Mass climate Change when we go into this Cloud thats for sure ...

I dont have the Lack of Understanding I just have a Open MIND of What if and I do research and Confirm

The Scientist Do not know what will happen when we will go throught this cloud either .. its all a Guess

Be Prepared we are goingon a Bumpy Ride ( LOL )

The Architects of Fear

Dont forget research !

there ARE THREE (3) Dwarf Galaxy's Merging within Our Milky Way Galaxy

This COULD ,,,,, be From One of the 3 Dwarf Galexy's

Or Our Star (SUN ) has a Sister ( Binary )

as Once thought back in the 80s

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Well this Solar system has gone throught this Type of Cloud many times in its Galactic Year Cycle
Mass Destruction maybe maybe not but there were mass extintions in Our Planets Life Time
but there will be a Mass climate Change when we go into this Cloud thats for sure ...

I dont have the Lack of Understanding I just have a Open MIND of What if and I do research and Confirm

The Scientist Do not know what will happen when we will go throught this cloud either .. its all a Guess

The Architects of Fear

Dont forget research !

See? Take a GOOD LONG LOOK at your post. You contradict yourself all over the place:

First you say: "I'm not saying it's fact."

Then in the same post you say: "but there will be a Mass climate Change when we go into this Cloud thats for sure ... "

Using words like "will be" and "that's for sure" you are stating that something is fact, when in reality it is highly speculative and nothing more.

Yet you say you do research and "confirm", okay, care to "confirm" your wild speculation about mass extinctions and climate change due to the sun moving around the galaxy? Hmmm? (warning, there were theories about this before, but have been debunked as there does not appear to be any correlation between the different time periods of mass extinctions and climate changes with the sun passing through anything (based upon it's time period of orbital rotation around the center of our galaxy).

The Earth is not the only planet to have a inclination to the sun's equator:

Mercury: 3.38 deg
Venus: 3.86 deg
Mars: 5.65 deg
Jupiter: 6.09
Saturn: 5.51 deg
Uranus: 6.48 deg
Neptune: 6.43 deg

The theory that the article talked about is interesting, but there will not be any easy way to prove it any time soon since we are talking about a event that happened billions of years ago. All this is explained in the news article you linked.

So exactly where is the fear being made in the article? Hmmm? Care to quote it?

Yes, our galaxy is literally eating up other galaxies and has been doing this for a long time. It's theorized that stars from these other galaxies can pass through, and possibly even close to our solar system. However, we are also talking about time scales measured in hundreds of millions to billions of years!

Our sun having a companion: again here, you state it as fact. Care to back that up? You can't, because no one has found it at this time. The latest search was with WISE and so far the results have been: zero.

WISE did find brown dwarfs, but no where near the amount that was theorized:

Previous estimates had predicted as many brown dwarfs as typical stars, but the new initial tally from WISE shows just one brown dwarf for every six stars. It's the cosmic equivalent to finally being able to see down a mysterious, gated block and finding only a few homes.

WISE Finds Few Brown Dwarfs Close To Home

There is a difference between having an open mind and speculating, as compared to saying you have an open mind, yet start declaring those speculations and theories as actual facts.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by GameKeeper

There is ZERO PROBABILITY...that there is any Star that is anywhere near our Solar System except our Sun. We would very easily be able to track a rouge Stars movements as well as be able to calculate and observe Gravitational Effects long before this would happen.

A Star is MASSIVE. It is not something that can hide behind a Planet or even our own Star. The ridiculousness of this concept is Mind Boggling. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

yes its been explained to me twice now if you would of bothered to read so at the risk of being banned #off

your type are just after an argument go look elsewhere
end of, i will not reply to you ever again

edit on 21/11/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

The Architects of Fear

Dont forget research !

See? Take a GOOD LONG LOOK at your post. You contradict yourself all over the place:

First you say: "I'm not saying it's fact."

Then in the same post you say: "but there will be a Mass climate Change when we go into this Cloud thats for sure ... "

Using words like "will be" and "that's for sure" you are stating that something is fact, when in reality it is highly speculative and nothing more.

Yet you say you do research and "confirm", okay, care to "confirm" your wild speculation about mass extinctions and climate change due to the sun moving around the galaxy? Hmmm? (warning, there were theories about this before, but have been debunked as there does not appear to be any correlation between the different time periods of mass extinctions and climate changes with the sun passing through anything (based upon it's time period of orbital rotation around the center of our galaxy).

The Earth is not the only planet to have a inclination to the sun's equator:

Mercury: 3.38 deg
Venus: 3.86 deg
Mars: 5.65 deg
Jupiter: 6.09
Saturn: 5.51 deg
Uranus: 6.48 deg
Neptune: 6.43 deg

The theory that the article talked about is interesting, but there will not be any easy way to prove it any time soon since we are talking about a event that happened billions of years ago. All this is explained in the news article you linked.

Yes, our galaxy is literally eating up other galaxies and has been doing this for a long time. It's theorized that stars from these other galaxies can pass through, and possibly even close to our solar system. However, we are also talking about time scales measured in hundreds of millions to billions of years!

Our sun having a companion: again here, you state it as fact. Care to back that up? You can't, because no one has found it at this time. The latest search was with WISE and so far the results have been: zero.

WISE did find brown dwarfs, but no where near the amount that was theorized:

Previous estimates had predicted as many brown dwarfs as typical stars, but the new initial tally from WISE shows just one brown dwarf for every six stars. It's the cosmic equivalent to finally being able to see down a mysterious, gated block and finding only a few homes.

WISE Finds Few Brown Dwarfs Close To Home

There is a difference between having an open mind and speculating, as compared to saying you have an open mind, yet start declaring those speculations and theories as actual facts.

Not Facts. Theroy

LOL thats for Sure ,,, That if it True What the site of Science Daily has Said about the Intersteller Cloud

ok My Bad ...

Your Point ? your Saying that A rouge Planet or Star from Just One of the 3 Mini Galexys Can not Just Slipp Bye Our Solar System ..

Ahh it wasnt Fear Mongering its POSSIBLE that a BINARY SUN of Our Sun ( a Brown Dwarf or Dead Star ) Could be it that Caused the Degree well somthing Out there Pulling On Pluto and Neptune and has to be massive either dead star ot Big Gas Giant of a Planet and no way im saying Nibiru

go ask them on the link of the Huffington Post

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Nothing is "pulling" on Neptune or Pluto.

For many years, astronomers seemed to think that Neptune and some problems with it's orbit. However, way back then it was hard to tell because Neptune was so far away, and very difficult to observe with optical telescopes. They also calculated it's mass as best as they could.

However, they were slightly wrong about it's mass.

When Voyager 2 was able to fly by Neptune, it was the first (and so far only) probe to do so. When it did, it allowed scientist to calculate Neptune's mass exactly. With those numbers, the "problems" with Neptune's orbit went away. It's orbit is not be affected by anything that isn't already known.

Now, way out past Neptune, past Pluto's orbit is what we call the Kuiper Belt. It is populated by many planitoids or dwarf planets. Some are bigger than Pluto, some smaller. But many of them have some of these things in common:

Their exact mass is hard to calculate due to how small they are, and how far away they are, and their orbits take such long periods (centuries), that observations of them take a long time. Astronomers are not sure if something out there may or may not be pulling on them.

The reason that they are not 100 percent sure is because their orbits take such a long, long time. While they can continue to observe them, such long period orbits, and uncertain values for their mass brings questions that do not have an answer right away.

The New Horizons probe is headed out there. Once it does a fly by of Pluto in a couple of years, it will then be headed out to the Kuiper belt, and they hope to directly observe more of the Kuiper Belt objects. This will let them measure their mass a lot more accurately and their orbits. By finding that out, it will help determine more if something may or may not be pulling on anything out there.

Tyche is a hypothetical large planet out there (gas giant) and it was hoped that the WISE data might show it, but so far, the observations by WISE have shown that there is nothing out there.

Maybe more accurate readings from New Horizons will help. It might close the case completely on the idea of the sun having a companion. Or it might actually point the way to finding one. But for right now, there is no real supporting evidence for it that can be observed.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Can some other yet undiscovered planet be out there in the depths of our solar system? Sure, maybe. It's possible.

However, another planet way out there in the Kuiper belt (or farther) has probably been out there for 4.5 Billion years doing its own thing with little direct effect on Earth...or more precisely, whatever effect it may have on Earth it has been doing continuously for the past 4.5 billion years.

So, if we find out that it does exist, that would be exciting news to science. However, knowledge of its existence will have no "new" effects in general on us people on Earth.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

yes its been explained to me twice now if you would of bothered to read so at the risk of being banned #off

Don't take a HAIRY MARY just trying to give you (obviously) some much needed information after all your comment about the zoomed in image was a little stupid don't you think!

So take a chill pill !

Also as a favour I have edited out the F word which reappeared because I quoted your post!

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Don't take a HAIRY MARY just trying to give you (obviously) some much needed information after all your comment about the zoomed in image was a little stupid don't you think!

So take a chill pill !

Also as a favour I have edited out the F word which reappeared because I quoted your post!

sorry man chill pill did the job
glad you took it with a pinch of salt
edit on 22/11/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29 >>

join