It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Second Sun. Call it what you wish, but it is HERE**

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by djgray
Found this to be interesting (and coincidental) today....

'Orphan' alien planet with no parent is found near Earth

*edit: Also from the article... "There's still a slight chance that CFBDSIR2149 is a brown dwarf "
edit on 14-11-2012 by djgray because: Added a quote from the article referenced.

That rogue planet is 100 light years away. 1 Light Year is just over 5.8 trillion miles.
If that planet were to be headed our way, even traveling at the speed of light, it would take it 100 years to get here.

It's the closest one found to us yet, but the term "Close" is rather relative. Our closest neighbor, Alpha Centauri is 4.3 light years away. So a star, that was just recently discovered to have a planet around it is actually much, much closer than this rogue object.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosticagnostic

Agreed and understood. I am not saying it *is* Niburu or anything. I am merely commenting on the article, the timing, and the content.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I suggest that those who genuinely care about astronomy (as opposed to Nibiru pseudo-science) visit the following web pages:

Astronomy for beginners

Class no2 should make it abundantly clear why the whole Nibiru nonsense is laughable pseudo-scientific nonsense.

For those who are already a bit more advanced, or for those who have taken an astronomy class:

Advanced concepts

The stuff in the second link requires at least a decent understanding of math and basic physics.

All videos are 100% free!!

If you watch those video and still believe sun flares appearing before disappearing again a small time later are some crazy ass planet...well...nobody can help you

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
I suggest that those who genuinely care about astronomy (as opposed to Nibiru pseudo-science) visit the following web pages:

Astronomy for beginners

Class no2 should make it abundantly clear why the whole Nibiru nonsense is laughable pseudo-scientific nonsense.

For those who are already a bit more advanced, or for those who have taken an astronomy class:

Advanced concepts

The stuff in the second link requires at least a decent understanding of math and basic physics.

All videos are 100% free!!

If you watch those video and still believe sun flares appearing before disappearing again a small time later are some crazy ass planet...well...nobody can help you

We don't need no schoolin, science, or fancy terms when we got youtube and zeta talk! You're just a shill trying to block me from the truth!/ sarcasm

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nancyliedersdeaddog

Well, in an effort to further promote that evil real science: LINK

MASSIVE amount of astronomy links...and totally free.

For those interested in hunting planets and help scientists...go to Zooniverse. Also free and you'll get credit when you discover a planet. I started a while ago because I want to be able to say "I found that empty lifeless rock"

LINK

They match your "guesses" against Kepler's latest catalogue. Pretty cool...in a very geeky way

edit on 14-11-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I hate you.
As if I needed something else truly geeky to suck my life away.

This is going to be really interesting.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by MrXYZ

I hate you.
As if I needed something else truly geeky to suck my life away.

This is going to be really interesting.

Hahaha, I self-blocked those sites at work because I spent way too much time looking for planets instead of giving people investment advice

PS: I'm sorry...but only a little bit.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by GameKeeper

trolls i could care less if you pity me, ridicule me, etc. it doesnt phase me. obviously the truth that i post phases you enough to resort to the tactics you do.. i wont stoop that low.

You wouldn't know truth or common sense if it walked up to you in the street and hit you in the face with a dead fish.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by GameKeeper
trolls i could care less if you pity me, ridicule me, etc. it doesnt phase me. obviously the truth that i post phases you enough to resort to the tactics you do.. i wont stoop that low.

But you don't care about the truth sir... you've proven that already you ignored all the calls for you to answer why you thought South Carolina was in the Southern Hemisphere.... that would have gone a long way to prove you care even one iota about the truth, ignoring it, in fact does the exact opposite..

You claim to be from New England, I have never met anyone as closed minded and set in a pattern in in the entire 5 state area.. Maybe if you listened to what people were saying and actually thought about it a little but you may actually find that there's some truth in it all... Something New Englanders are known for, having open minds and listening to reason.....

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by Wolfenz

Thought I would add this...

Binary systems refer to 2 suns (or more with name change), not planets. I have seen this theory before and like the person a few posts up thank you for posting it. The theory suggest there is a companion to our sun, a brown dwarf, which is not observable by the naked eye or most space / ground based telescopes because of how dim / colder it is compared to surrounding stars.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This was posted on 12-21-10, creepy.....

So what if this thing ignited at some point in the near future, which would cause it to be hotter, and visible to the eye?

It is estimated that approximately 1/3 of the star systems in the Milky Way are binary or multiple, with the remaining 2/3 consisting of single stars.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 14-11-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-11-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

Very Possible we are going to go through an Electrical Charged Intersteller Cloud ... in somthine with a 100 hundred years

For every action there is a Reaction

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful

*edit: Also from the article... "There's still a slight chance that CFBDSIR2149 is a brown dwarf "
edit on 14-11-2012 by djgray because: Added a quote from the article referenced.

That rogue planet is 100 light years away. 1 Light Year is just over 5.8 trillion miles.
If that planet were to be headed our way, even traveling at the speed of light, it would take it 100 years to get here.

It's the closest one found to us yet, but the term "Close" is rather relative. Our closest neighbor, Alpha Centauri is 4.3 light years away. So a star, that was just recently discovered to have a planet around it is actually much, much closer than this rogue object.

I hope you don't mind but I quoted this post in another thread.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

If you think a cloud of ionized particles is going to "ignite" a brown dwarf...........

First, stars don't "ignite". The are not pieces of firewood, and do not need a spark to light up.

They are massive balls of gas, mostly made of hydrogen. When enough mass is there it provides enough pressure, along with a extremely high temperature, it will initiate fusion at the core.

So if you want to make a Brown dwarf "ignite" the only way that will happen is if you add a LOT more mass to it.

How much more? Average mass for a brown dwarf is around 15 Jupiter masses. Minimum mass to have a star with sustained fusion is: 75 Jupiter masses.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 3danimator

That's a debate that's up for another thread. I'm sure there are plenty of chemtrail researchers that would object to that claim. A side note : Over the years there has been a noticed increase in the aluminum content in our rainwater, and eventually that contaminates spring and natural resources water. Where is it coming from?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Besides Aluminum being one of the most common elements on Earth? From the exhaust of manufacturing plants, power plants, etc.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Now look at this amazing new revelation here GameKeeper's next try !!!!

Can you see in which forum his brand new try is in?

Just mind-boggling... left me speechless... then i cried

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snaffers
Now look at this amazing new revelation here GameKeeper's next try !!!!

Can you see in which forum his brand new try is in?

Just mind-boggling... left me speechless... then i cried

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

This has to be a prankster......surely ? I mean come on if it isn't a prank ....words cannot describe....hilarity....

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by siliconpsychosis

My argument is separate from the OP's argument.

Your argument is more interesting, and true in my eyes. You should do some research and make a thread of it. People do not understand that the mind's eye (or third eye) actually perceives a true "reality", other beings, colours, sounds, perceptions exist in this parralell.

In Mankind's history; we were more attuned with Nature and our spiritual selves. We had the ability to perceive outside of the physical realm or 'reality' willingly. There are MANY people (what we now call psychics/mediums) today who can percieve outside this reality, and come back into. Its no secret.. but society has strippen this sacred knowledge from the people, and made them into sleeping sheep

What we call New Age; is a spiritual-evolitionary path for mankind. Most of you dont understand this or do not care.. I'd imagine your third eye and heart chakra were closed.
If we humans want to get our 'psychic' abilities back; telekesis, telepathy, multiple-perception and all that good stuff.. we need to can back in touch with our spiritual selves. This, is our destiny as a race. As much as you understand how to control your life; you individually, do not control the path of humanity.

The elite, with their spiritual tools like media (hypnotising the spiritual mind), want us kept in a fear base state. Those in control of this race, want the collective energy of this race to be slow and weak. This allows for control over the species destiny.. but in the end, the spiritual destiny will always manifest.

December 21st is thought to be a turning point in our evolutionary path; good or bad. The elite want us to think bad, and want control in the end. If this planet Shifts like clockwork; there will obviously be sudden weather phenomenon like floods, hurricanes, earthquakes.. but on Nature's course, this is a small event.

Humanity is on the rise to evolve spiritually; this will allow us to perceive reality through a very differnt looking glass. I belive the elite understand this and they will do what they can to control the populations.. its coming to an end for them though.
We are soon to see what our ancestors saw, what they percieved. The other dimensions, we will see beings, work with energy as we now would be able to perceive it.. Science is too busy looking things and trying to figure them out; humanity will learn to let things come to them naturally. This will correct our evolutionary path forever

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by nancyliedersdeaddog

Originally posted by eriktheawful

I hope you don't mind but I quoted this post in another thread.

Okay here is an article from msn news about a 'rogue planet' ..
Msn is pretty mainstream as well.. read the article; it sounds liek it was ripped right from Ats. This is text-book manipulation by the media once again.. The entire article is describing anything you would read in a "Nibiru" thread on Ats.

For instance:

The free-floating object, called CFBDSIR2149, is likely a gas giant planet four to seven times more massive than Jupiter, scientists say in a new study

There's still a slight chance that CFBDSIR2149 is a brown dwarf — a strange object that's larger than a planet but too small to trigger the internal nuclear fusion reactions required to become a full-fledged star

I think this entire thing is a mainstream LIE and fear factor. . but who am I to say so, I dont run society :S

~ Love is an art

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by LoveisanArt

How exactly should that scare people??? It's 100 light years away! Do you know how far that is???? That planet will never get anywhere near us...and definitely not while any of us are alive

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LoveisanArt

There are about 15,000 other STARS within 100 light years (even more, if you count brown dwarfs), and they aren't bothering Earth. What makes you think a rogue planet out there 100 light years away would bother Earth?

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join