It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Republican base was so wrong about Romney, and that's just the tip of the iceberg...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I'm suspicious that someone managed to write this book and get it published in such a short time...
was he so sure??
did he write two books and begin the publishing process with the knowledge only one would be profitable??
or, was the election already decided upon and the voting process was just for our entertainment pleasure???

as far as the election is over and us all being able to take a break from the politics....
lol....the election is less than four years away!! we better start hussling!!!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Except that this a video of a bunch of guys talking, not twisting you arm to force you to agree. It is an exchange of ideas, and you can have your own and still appreciate the conversation.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother

In other words, all of those birthers, and people that think Obama is a Marxist or a Communist (without knowing what those works mean) and anyone else that's been convinced, but the right-wing entertainment industry's "business model" to believe that, as Frum states, Obama is bring some sort of liberal apocalypse, those folks are the reason why Romney lost.

Why?

I submit that a significant reason why is the same for so many that voluntarily and exuberantly mislead: money.

The airwave jesters are rich now because people who were unsure about their future believed them when they sort of sounded serious and authoritative. They ran with it knowing full well that they would be found out one day but by then, they'd be so rich they can live on the Cayman Islands with all their tax-free money (which once belonged to you).

Follow the money.

edit on 14-11-2012 by alumnathe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by alumnathe

Originally posted by longlostbrother

In other words, all of those birthers, and people that think Obama is a Marxist or a Communist (without knowing what those works mean) and anyone else that's been convinced, but the right-wing entertainment industry's "business model" to believe that, as Frum states, Obama is bring some sort of liberal apocalypse, those folks are the reason why Romney lost.

Why?

I submit that a significant reason why is the same for so many that voluntarily and exuberantly mislead: money.

The airwave jesters are rich now because people who were unsure about their future believed them when they sort of sounded serious and authoritative. They ran with it knowing full well that they would be found out one day but by then, they'd be so rich they can live on the Cayman Islands with all their tax-free money (which once belonged to you).

Follow the money.

edit on 14-11-2012 by alumnathe because: (no reason given)

that's exactly what the video in the OP says...

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
I'm suspicious that someone managed to write this book and get it published in such a short time...
was he so sure??
did he write two books and begin the publishing process with the knowledge only one would be profitable??
or, was the election already decided upon and the voting process was just for our entertainment pleasure???

as far as the election is over and us all being able to take a break from the politics....
lol....the election is less than four years away!! we better start hussling!!!

It's an e-book... he's a professional writer... it was published by a company he regularly writes for... no big mystery...

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

I absolutely agree with everything in the OP. I've been saying this in all relevant discussions, the Republican party is split now between the radical far-right who believe all their own BS and don't like facts, beating their Bibles and waving their guns, while the more moderate Republicans know that they need to become more relevant to the people to have any chance of success in the future.

The Republican party will have to split, you will see a third party.

This will be a good thing for America, because a more moderate and sensible Republican party will leave religion alone and focus on economic conservatism, while the radicals will be out there in their own extremist party, taking all the funding from the lunatic religious groups and watering down their influence too. That's great news for real politics. Finally America might have two leading parties where religious doctrine is left out, where demands on social morality are pushed to the side in favour of real issues that affect everyone.

I've been saying for a long time that the Republican party has become a party that wants to rule America as though all are Christian Republicans, they don't want to govern for the majority. This is a fact, because they use their religious beliefs to try to remove rights from, or restrict the freedoms of, other people whose lives do not affect them in the slightest. That is not a party that governs for a majority of citizens, it's a party that dictates based on moral and religious belief.

The gay marriage issue is a hot topic (no surprise that more states have become more modern in this respect). Like it or not, most people don't have a problem with gay marriage at all. Relevant and more trustworthy polls show that a majority are happy to let others live their lives how they wish and they understand that his has no effect on their own lives at all.
But the Republican party refuses to accept that. They refuse to accept that society has moved on. Just like the religious crazies from Rome, they are out of step with the society they want to influence. People are going to increasingly ignore them, or actively fight against them, because they are an irrelevance.

The Republican party is now controlled by these extremist elements within it. Their media is completely out of step with middle America and attracts only a radical minority. The party only has three options...

1. They ignore everything (which is actually pretty likely) and carry on the way they have been, becoming more and more irrelevant to the American people - this would mean the continued collapse of the party over the coming years as their support dwindles to nothing. This would not be good for America, obviously.

2. The Republican party changes from within to become more moderate, abandoning the BS when it comes to faith and their pressure to inflict their doctrine on the rest of society. This is highly unlikely, because as others have pointed out, the party is now pretty much controlled by the most radical elements within it.

3. The party splits and becomes two new parties (possibly neither of them retaining the Republican label) with the radical right wing in one party, and a more moderate centre right party able to actually put up some competition against the Democrats. This would be the best option, because that far right party would suck up all the funding from crazy donors and supporters, leaving two mainstream parties to actually deal with the real issues.

It's a very interesting situation, and one that we'll be seeing develop over the next two years. I hope they manage to break it into two, because otherwise there is a problem.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I don't think either side has a candidate worth voting for, you just have to be the most ruthless, have the best ground game and have people willing to go to jail to get you re-elected.

The Republican candidates are a bunch of milly mouthed pansies.

I don't see any real leaders on either side, to win the Republicans or third party candidate has to learn how to fight fire with fire, people are to afraid to step on Obama's toes, might offend someone.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Only a moron believe the Gop is "only about old white men". the demographics of the GOP clearly say otherwise.

I is am Canadian moron,.....and idoit.

That's how people see the GOP, true story.
[s]Those[/s]Us morons!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

We have a viable third party in principle that I truly believe in. I think it is the bridge between the two philosophies. That is the Libertarian Party.

I am a Libertarian because I believe in fiscal responsibility, smaller Government and bigger freedoms. In a country founded on individual liberty, telling someone what they can do with their body, what they can put in it or who they can love and marry is hypocrisy.

The real problem is many people are a bunch of old bitty spinsters. They love the gossip and they love to judge others. They love to think they are entitled to clean out their neighbors closet and tell them how to live while ignoring their own.

The Republicans though...should not alter their philosophy. It is who they are. The democrats should not alter their platform...as well, it is what defines democrats. I am thankful for the third parties...one in particular...that is blending the best of both into a realistic view of governance.

I have seen many conversations that the Republicans need to become more progressive to "win" elections...and I disagree. If people move away from the Republican core values, so be it. Something happened to the Whigs and the Federalist too...there comes a time when...your time is over. Changing your core values means you have changed the party...and we already have party that represents this blend of both....

The best hope for everyone is the Libertarians... they can blend the best of both of the "wings" and be a negotiator between them. We should have elected Gary Johnson.

That being said...it's all a big sham anyway. I enjoy discussing these things for some reason. Hope I guess...Hope that elections matter....when all indicators says they really don't. Not on the National stage. Sure local and State elections are valuable...but the national election is a dog and pony show.

Just my opinion though.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

While I agree that the republican base couldn't have been more wrong about the mood of the country, they really can't place all the blame on their right wing media entertainment circles, they have to accept a certain amount of it for themselves individually.

They took the artificial bait, (hook, line and sinker) offered up by by the right wing media sources and accepted it as "fact" because it was what they wanted to hear. They allowed their hatred for President Obama to control their thoughts to the point that they could only accept the words of other Obama haters as truth. They outright rejected all facts and shunned the truth at every opportunity through something I call "Willful Ignorance."

Now they sit here scratching their heads trying to figure out what the hell just happened and how could they have been so wrong. Problem is, they're all going to look like Kojak before the figure it out.

I'm just glad to see that most of their legions are also stupid enough to register their names on government petitions for secession from the union. Now that we know exactly who they are, they'll probably all end up on a domestic terror watch list and the no-fly list as well.

It's no wonder they're against teaching critical thinking skills in our schools, they don't even know what that is.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

100%

..but then again, think about it...

Rationale people don't believe Obama is a Muslim (or a Marxist or a Communist or Kenyan), which means that, if you're making money selling one of those stories, you KNOW you're preying on the weakest in society.

YOU can blame the weak for being weak, but to my mind we should lock up the guy with the knife, not the granny he robbed at knife point.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
reply to post by detachedindividual

We have a viable third party in principle that I truly believe in. I think it is the bridge between the two philosophies. That is the Libertarian Party.

I am a Libertarian because I believe in fiscal responsibility, smaller Government and bigger freedoms. In a country founded on individual liberty, telling someone what they can do with their body, what they can put in it or who they can love and marry is hypocrisy.

The real problem is many people are a bunch of old bitty spinsters. They love the gossip and they love to judge others. They love to think they are entitled to clean out their neighbors closet and tell them how to live while ignoring their own.

The Republicans though...should not alter their philosophy. It is who they are. The democrats should not alter their platform...as well, it is what defines democrats. I am thankful for the third parties...one in particular...that is blending the best of both into a realistic view of governance.

I have seen many conversations that the Republicans need to become more progressive to "win" elections...and I disagree. If people move away from the Republican core values, so be it. Something happened to the Whigs and the Federalist too...there comes a time when...your time is over. Changing your core values means you have changed the party...and we already have party that represents this blend of both....

The best hope for everyone is the Libertarians... they can blend the best of both of the "wings" and be a negotiator between them. We should have elected Gary Johnson.

That being said...it's all a big sham anyway. I enjoy discussing these things for some reason. Hope I guess...Hope that elections matter....when all indicators says they really don't. Not on the National stage. Sure local and State elections are valuable...but the national election is a dog and pony show.

Just my opinion though.

Libertarians are a much bigger threat to Democracy that an ACTUAL Muslim Kenyan Marxist Obama could every be.

They preach completely subjugating democracy to commerce, and defunding valuable institutions like public education... and allow corporations to form unregulated monopolies... one man's freedom is another man's boot in the face. the US Libertarian Party is the biggest wolf in sheep's clothing going... prey on the selfish nature of people to win votes...

Disgusting.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

You're so self absorbed with your self righteous beliefs that you wouldn't see the truth if it was plastered to your face. I mean, look how many times you have attacked someone in this thread cause they don't bow down to your doctrine.

I can't do anything more for yuh bud. Good luck with all that though.
~$heopleNation

edit on 14-11-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

You are free to imagine the negativity of Freedom and Liberty. I choose not to. I see opportunity to enjoy life as I believe we were meant to. You speak of subjugation but you spout the dogma of a "mob rules" mentality...is that not subjugating the few to the will of the many? I prefer that we all just be free to do our best.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Are you sure you would not be happier if they ended up on a "kill" list? I hear Obama has one already. It even included a US citizen too.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
COME ON!!! It's from MSNBC!!!!! That's like Communist China declaring that Democracy is bad and YOU believing it!

JESSSSSSSSSSSSUS H. CHRIST! The ignorance of the masses is shocking!!!!
edit on 12-11-2012 by kozmo because: spelling

Come On!

Thinking that those points wouldn't be obvious to Helen Keller is shocking.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65

You are free to imagine the negativity of Freedom and Liberty. I choose not to. I see opportunity to enjoy life as I believe we were meant to. You speak of subjugation but you spout the dogma of a "mob rules" mentality...is that not subjugating the few to the will of the many? I prefer that we all just be free to do our best.

I don't have to imagine it.

Every time a sector of the economy is deregulated a bunch of crooks move in and run it into the ground, forcing the government to come back in and re-regulate it.

The real "imaginary" thing is a completely deregulated capitalist society in which everyone played fair and some "invisible" force protected us from crooks and conmen and massive multinational monopolies.

US Libertarians are selfish, delusional hippies...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation

You're so self absorbed with your self righteous beliefs that you wouldn't see the truth if it was plastered to your face. I mean, look how many times you have attacked someone in this thread cause they don't bow down to your doctrine.

I can't do anything more for yuh bud. Good luck with all that though.
~$heopleNation

edit on 14-11-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

Don't worry bud, I don't need your help, as I adhere to reality, not paranoid delusions.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Yawwwwwwn. Feeling overwhelmed lately? Yeah I bet, that's what happens when you launch attacks from multiple fronts around here, just ask Hitler how that worked out.
LOL!

You're so confused about the reasons why Romney lost I don't even know where to begin, but I will say that Obama was gonna win no matter what because the masters of puppets wanted it that way. Plus, having a nation full of idiots doesn't help much either.

I mean I guess if you like your Constitutional rights beings slowly taken away like you do, then what more can I say? You can't be that much of an imbecile can you, really? Shakes head...........

Yuh know Long lost one,You might want to consider picking your battles instead of sabotaging your own drivel filled rants before they even leave your finger tips, because It's counter-productive towards your already doomed cause.

Then again I guess If I were you, I would also just pull the boats plug and sink it. Probably better just to get it over with.

~$heopleNation

edit on 15-11-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The republican party has now been revealed to be a TOTAL LAUGHABLE JOKE and many on the Right are leaving that SINKING SHIP!!!

Its just hilarious how they are at each others throats and fighting with one another while playing the BLAME GAME and not taking PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY for their lose here.

The Conservatives and the Right has lost because America has SEEN THROUGH their intended plan of SCREWING the middle-class over to keep the super wealthy swimming in MOUNTAINS OF CASH while the country that HELPED THEM GET WHERE THEY ARE NOW, is sinking!!

There is NOTHING so ANTI-AMERICAN as the GREEDY SUPER WEALTHY folks in this country who use Americas ROADS, SCHOOLS, TEACHERS, PROFESSORS, JUDGES, POLICE, FIREMEN, and MANY OTHER SERVICES, yet DEEP-DOWN INSIDE, none of them want to pay A DIME IN TAXES FOR IT!!!

Even worst, is that the Conservative and Right-wing super-wealthy-coddlers want to make the American middle class and poor PAY MORE to keep the super wealthy getting more and more. And all this while the so called "Job creators"
are NOT CREATING ANY JOBS at all!!!!!!!

BUT the PARTY will now END as America SAW THROUGH the nonsense from the Conservatives and the Right. Its also quite nice to see quite a bunch of Conservatives and Right wingers FINALLY waking up and SEEING IT TOO with each passing day!!! They are finally getting it, and soon enough, the only backwards folks to deal with will be the handful of NEO-CONS who will NEVER BE HAPPY until all the commoner peasants are SLAVING for them, AND WORSHIPING THEM AS IF THEY ARE GODS. Even then, they probably will STILL gripe and WHINE about something though. But since the are becoming POWERLESS with each passing day, the common American can breath a sigh of relief.

America going FORWARD... and EVOLVING!!! All while the Conservative and EXTREMIST Right wingers are SINKING FAST and jumping ship!!!

edit on 22-11-2012 by oper8zhin because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join